Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

^^ Was it really "surprisingly" well done? Eduardo and I both told you how good it was. :p

And I really am surprised to see American Gangster is one of your favorite films in the genre let alone just in general. I watched it redently for the first time and found it difficult to get through the whole way. Although, it was the "extended edition" I saw, so maybe the theater version was better paced.

As for me, I saw Interstellar last night and it was pretty much everything I expected it to be. The action was more minimal than I anticipated but it was a great sci-fi film. I'll write more about it in its own thread later as it does give you much to discuss.

dZz38Vr.jpg

I just had a big ass smile the whole way through this movie. I would say the child inside me was giddy as hell, but I AM the child. Seriously a great movie and it's at least tied with Guardians of the Galaxy for best comic book flick of the year.

• 3 months later...

Man I loved it. One of Keanu's best for my money, some great gun choreography and what looks like a cool start to a new franchise. I had the opposite reaction though and watched it with pretty low expectations. It just had a cool, B-movieish action feel from the 90s.

I'm glad you dug it, axels. And what you described is what the trailer led me to believe I'd see, but I just don't feel it delivered. I liked the premise of...

Sweringen running a "hitman hotel" and there being an assassins code. But I felt opportunities were missed. And the big boss fight at the end was just tedious. :/

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I was painfully underwhelmed by the plot of The Babadook or Tortured Metaphor: The Movie

"Hello mom, how's your desire to murder me out of resentment for my father's death on the day of my birth?" "Oh, it's fine, I fed it a bowl of worms. Let's celebrate your birthday and the fact that I didn't stab you last night!"

• 4 weeks later...