Hondo's Bar

Heroes

Lycaon

ps whats that heroes one bout? someone make a thread.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/

From creator/writer Tim Kring (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") comes "Heroes," an epic drama that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

As a total eclipse casts its shadow across the globe, a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy, "Blind Guy Driving") in India is led by father's disappearance to uncover a secret theory -- there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia, "Gilmore Girls") tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar, "Judging Amy") that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere, "Ice Princess") learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas stripper (Ali Larter, "Final Destination"), struggling to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey, "My Wife & Kids"), discovers that her mirror image has a secret. A fugitive from justice (Leonard Roberts, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") continues to baffle authorities who twice have been unable to contain him. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera, "Empire"), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress, NBC's "Third Watch"), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck Los Angeles beat cop (Greg Grunberg, "Alias") can hear people's thoughts, which puts him on the trail of an elusive serial killer. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka, NBC's "Scrubs") develops a way to stop time through sheer will power. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world…

Joining Kring as executive producer are Dennis Hammer (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") and Allan Arkush (NBC's "Crossing Jordan"). David Semel ("House") executive-produced and directed the pilot. The drama is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio.

If you missed the premiere last night there's a scheduled rebroadcast tonight at 8/7c, a download on the NBC weblink above, and probably torrents.

I haven't watched it yet (taped it), what did yall think about it?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the whole thing, and I was annoyed by the first episode's total lack of closure. They did not go for the rushed origin story so as to have a brand new adventure for episode 2. Other than that, it was awesome. The story is starting off really interesting, and I recommend to anyone who likes superhero comics (particularly x-men or the ultimates or watchmen) to check out teh encore presentation.

• 2 weeks later...

So its almost at tht third epsiode now, and I'm enjoying it. :)

Anyone else? If you still haven't seen it, I believe the first two epsiodes are available on the NBC site llisted at the first post of this thread. There's also been a small comic that's been going around the last two DCP torrents about this series (I believe its also available on the NBC site). So... talk amongst yourselves.

maaaaaaaannnnnnn. thank god for my mom tivoing everything in existence. my friend was going all spastic on the phone with me a couple of days ago, telling me i had to watch it. shit's really good. i'm hooked. i love love love the japanese guy, hiro. he's fucking awesome.

Indeed. Can't wait for the next episode, especially after what happened at the end of this week's.

...are we watching the same show? that pilot was weak. I cant see how this is getting compared to Watchment or any book like it.

How many episodes past that is it? Are the characters somehow less generic later on?

Weak? Yo' mamma's weak...

It's about three epsiodes in thus far. Just give it a chance, please?

Yeah that quarterback needs a serious beatin'.