Hondo's Bar

Heroes

Lycaon

So what did people think?

Frankly, it would have been a real surprise if NYC had blown up, so that wasn't a concern. I had already guess that when it came to the moment of truth, it would be Peter that would come close to destroying NYC. I'm not sure if the regenerative ability he absorbed from Claire would help him over exploding from within. If someone could explain this though. What was the purpose of Nathan sacrificing himself to save th city. If Claire shot Peter it would have accomplished the same ends, minus Nathan dying. They obviously left it open, because Nathan could have dropped Peter in midair and flown away, so it's possible he's alive as well as Peter. It was fun to see Sylar survive, but I wonder if he survived because Claire got close to him when she came to shoot Peter. If so, he's got the invincibility now.

Still, the best part was the teaser for Volume Two.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two thoughts on

sacrifice. It either happened to get him out from under the control of his mother and the others... OR he didnt sacrifice himself per Jax thoughts and he will be in hiding, letting people think he is dead.

Edited by CjDucky

News on the second season:

It got renewed (duh!) for 24 episodes, but instead of airing reruns during the mid season break, it will air a six episode spin off miniseries called Heroes: Origins. Each of the six miniseries episodes will feature the origin story of a new hero, presumably not to tie in with the main story line or already established Heroes cast members. After it finishes airing, online voting for the favorite of the six will determine which new hero will get written into the third season.

Any thoughts on this? Sounds to me like NBC is making long term plans around Heroes, possibly trying to make it there flagship show. I hope they cast Nathan Fillion as one of the six Heroes. Give him a chance to be great TV show that isn't gonna get canceled a few weeks in.

Edited by Reverend Jax

So what did people think?

Frankly, it would have been a real surprise if NYC had blown up, so that wasn't a concern. I had already guess that when it came to the moment of truth, it would be Peter that would come close to destroying NYC. I'm not sure if the regenerative ability he absorbed from Claire would help him over exploding from within. If someone could explain this though. What was the purpose of Nathan sacrificing himself to save th city. If Claire shot Peter it would have accomplished the same ends, minus Nathan dying. They obviously left it open, because Nathan could have dropped Peter in midair and flown away, so it's possible he's alive as well as Peter. It was fun to see Sylar survive, but I wonder if he survived because Claire got close to him when she came to shoot Peter. If so, he's got the invincibility now.

Still, the best part was the teaser for Volume Two.

Sylar's powers don't work that way, Peter's do. Sylar has to "take their brain apart" or whatever to see how their powers work. I suspect that the someone worse that Molly was talking about may have interfered.

Otherwise, I liked it.

A bit of a Iron Giant-type ending,

but still good.

Yeah, seconded.

I always assumed Cylar was eating their brains, but taking them apart or whatever makes sense too. I kinda woulda dug it if NY blew up there but i guess it wasnt about to happen....well, we sorta got our teamup and at least the heroes are more or less united, or mebbe traded emails.

Dangling plotlines:

1) Obviously, which (if either) Patrelli brother survived.

2) what the fuck is peter/nathan's momma's power?

3) what happened with the last generation of heroes? Anyone else get the impression that Hiro's Dad, sick Black guy and Linderman and the others tried to save the world before but it went tits-up? I think they said as much at one point. Did the messiah-like Linderman betray their vision?

4) yeah, who was the ilttle girl referring to that was worse and could see her checking on him?

5) yeah, yeah, cylar looked dead but if its comic-like, you need a body. Dammit Hiro, you got the money shot, why not take his head off?!

...am i missing any others? you know, besides poor hiro stuck in edo period japan.

I like the origins idea, if youre planning on expanding the cast

(especially with having not really thinned it out much this season beyond "crackhead future painter guy")

, that doesnt make the show very approachable to latecomers with a dozen or more heads on board, and jax is right that it shows them in for the long haul...of course i 2nd the Fillon movement but im not hopeful, at this rate its almost like theyd cosmically be forced to cancel if he signed up.

2) what the fuck is peter/nathan's momma's power?

Aside from being a royal fucking bitch? Do we know for a fact that she has a power?

3) what happened with the last generation of heroes? Anyone else get the impression that Hiro's Dad, sick Black guy and Linderman and the others tried to save the world before but it went tits-up? I think they said as much at one point. Did the messiah-like Linderman betray their vision?

Now, that would be a hell of a story.

4) yeah, who was the ilttle girl referring to that was worse and could see her checking on him?

Isn't it obvious? :p The major villain for next season.

5) yeah, yeah, cylar looked dead but if its comic-like, you need a body. Dammit Hiro, you got the money shot, why not take his head off?!

Well there is the fact that he was knocked across the whole damn plaza and then time jumped to avoid hitting a wall.

of course i 2nd the Fillon movement but im not hopeful, at this rate its almost like theyd cosmically be forced to cancel if he signed up.

It would seem like it by this point, wouldn't it? At least if it were on Fox.

Sylar's powers don't work that way, Peter's do. Sylar has to "take their brain apart" or whatever to see how their powers work.

Duh. I saw that he got better an escaped and got confused. You're right.

Nathan and Peter's mom definitely has a power, we just don't know it. And it appeared that the older generation had a Xavier/Magneto type falling out, where different world views made them part ways. Still lots of territory to cover.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Duh. I saw that he got better an escaped and got confused. You're right.

Nathan and Peter's mom definitely has a power, we just don't know it. And it appeared that the older generation had a Xavier/Magneto type falling out, where different world views made them part ways. Still lots of territory to cover.

We sure it isn't being a bitch? 'Cause she's abnormally good at that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just caught the finale this morning and can take my seat at the big boy table now. It is my most fervent aim to understand and be one with bittorrent by the arrival of season 2. Everyone's already well-worn any points I wanted to bring up & discuss, so from here I guess I can just say "thumbs up!".

Oh for sure! I just figure, season 2 is gonna focus on

the unnamed badguy cited by Molly, maybe do a Spiderman 2 and show Sylar ascending in power again in time for Season 3- Maybe NBC could do another Origins Poll and have the least popular character rent limb-from-limb by Sylar as a solid season opener- I kinda see Sylar as how DC treated Dr Light in the advent of Identity Crisis(really couldn't tell you why).

I caught the rumblings of that in some form of media I forget where here* & liked it. While I'm not big on spin-offs in general, this gives the series a real touch of comic(we all know and love the limited series' of the 90's marvel'd publish), not to mention viewer feedback is always a kick. Like I said earlier I plan to be abreast every week this time, so hopefully I'll be able to vote and whatnot.

I hate the idea. It's the test-audience mentality gone mad. When I sit down to watch Heroes its because I trust the writers and I want to be entertained, I don't want any input on the show, I just want to keep on being entertained by the same people who've been making the show since the start (or at least a couple of the people, that's how things are in television)

It's all a racket to get revenue from phone-ins, mark my words.

Oh course... Let 'em make thier money and think we've some creative control. The more money they get the more they can spend on crazy regeneration shots of claire. One of these days she's gonna be caught not wearing diamond panties & bra and everything's gonna get seen. I've the Tivo ready.

I( just had a thought. Everyone who's seen the finale- there's a hinted at villian for Season 2, and his description/m.o matches an event that follows, someone who can

see Peter's astral projection- Simone's father seems like a good guy, but nothing's ever as it seems.

Any thoughts?