Hondo's Bar

Heroes

Lycaon

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

ok, i finally gotta catchup. bish swears i dropped off right before the shark-jumping began, and that it was only redeemed in the last 2 episodes. he's also overjoyed that jeph loeb' soff the writing team, which i gotta say, after Ultimates v3 dude's not on a roll.

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got all caught up to this (yay! for netflix instant watch!) and although I've had some issues, (it seems like more and more of a soap opera with each season) I find it very entertaining. Season two was by far the worst. Although the 'cliffhanger' for this last season was better, it feels like the writers are borrowing from another well known superhero storyline for this upcomming season.

There's no way I'll be able to watch the new season a week at a time, So I'll wait until it comes out on netflix or dvd before watching it.

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

• 1 month later...

Alan Moore's thoughts on Heroes: (If you haven't seen season 1, skip the chunk of text below.)

"I saw the last episode of Season One where the flying superhero and his brother, the exploding superhero, have a little moment and a bit of a hug and then the flying guy takes the exploding guy up into the atmosphere above New York where he undergoes a nuclear explosion to the great relief of all the spectators. You know, again, it wouldn't have taken much. All you'd have had to do, as I understand it, and I speak as somebody who doesn't actually have an internet connection and has very little idea what an Internet connection is, but I understand there is this thing called "Google" and that apparently you just have to put a couple of words into it and magically it will provide all your reference for you. You don't even have to get up out of your seat. If you'd have just put, 'nuclear explosion,' say, into Google then I'm sure that somewhere in that it would have explained that an air burst is much, much, much, much, much, much, much worse than than a ground burst. I hope that if that unlikely situation should ever come about, I hope that the superpowered beings who will presumably be around to save us from it are perhaps a bit more intelligent, otherwise we're doomed. So no, I'm not a big fan of 'Heroes,' got to say."

That made me giggle. And it's a great point that never occurred to me. I dug the 1st season quite a bit, the 2nd season made me shrug and go "meh". It had it's moments but it was a mess towards the end imo. I'm waiting for the 3rd to come out on dvd/blu-ray because my tiny brain does better watching things in marathon sessions rather than spaced out an episode every week (or longer).

I'm glad Loeb's off the writing staff now. Did that happen before or after his namedrop in the ep Jax mentioned above?

Season 3 started out awesome but lost a fair bit of momentum toward the end. Was great seeing

everyone lose their powers for the duration of the eclipse

, the speedy chick(Brea Grant) is by far the most compelling character of this series.

I don't know...he could have killed him several different times now, perhaps

he's looking for an actual friend? Did Hiro actually get his powers back? becuase he hasn't used them yet (i know he just barely got them back but still... I am wicked pissed that matt's girlfriend is no longer on the show. She was a great charecter, so hopefully it's not forever, especially now that Hiro may have his powers back, i can see him going back in time and finding a way to save her. I can't wait to find out who 'Rebel' is, I think it would be a cool twist to have it be Claire's dad.

Anyways, the next episode looks promising. Also rumor has it that the daughter (claire) and the father in the show are dating in real life. Kinda skeeves me out a bit. I know they are just acting but having to call your S.O. Dad all day and then screw him later...eeesh.

I have two episodes backed up on my queue at Hulu, and every time I try to watch them I get bored just clicking on the link. It makes me sad, I used to love this show so much. It feels like the writers have no idea where they're going, just kinda making it up as they go and the things they do have are liable to change whenever the fuck they feel like it. Characters, story lines, nothing follows a normal progression, I always feel like they're stretching things, and I haven't just relaxed and gotten into an episode without thinking about the writers and actors more than the stories and characters in way too many episodes.

Oh well. It had a good season in there. Feels silly to mourn for lost potential.