Hondo's Bar

Heroes

Lycaon

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you mean by that but... Most foriegners love our accents. We're the poor man's irish(who ironically, as a race are poor).

See I'm more interested in fast food, video games and comics, so I've always said, if I can find someone who likes mangos, tropical climates and drunken angry natives we should just swap citizenships ala The Parent Trap.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that but so, so true. Arch is the thick-skinned type though. He came out on my buck's night in a stars & stripes bandanna, longhorn t-shirt and belt buckle shaped like texas. He looked like the gayest pirate anyone ever saw.

So uhm, How bout them Heroes. :cheerleader:

Ah. Yes.

So when did Niki get the freeze power? Do all her alter egos have different powers? And if so, how is that possible since her body chemistry doesn't change, and that determines what your power is according to Mohinder?That was supposed to have those spoiler tags! Damn, how do I fix it?

Edited by CaterpillarScheme

Well as I may have stated above, I haven't seen it so I have no idea. All's I could theorise is that since(and PS-I've all but forgotten season 2 so I'm so behind) Nikki's alternate persona has enhanced strength which doesn't seem prevaltent otherwise, a psychological shift could unlock differing abilities(like people exhibiting extreme feats of strength by way of adrenaline when in extreme circumstances, or meditating to slow your heartbeat). That should prolly be in spoilers but really, I haven't seen the shit so it should be okay.

eh, they got nice dogs. real estate's reasonable too, out in the boonies. heh.

just finishing up episode 2 from last week...holy shit, they may very well be trying to win people back from the way season 2 ended up, indeed.

skeet - ill never know why you dont bittorent these things, you could watch em the very next day like i does

Ah. Yes.

So when did Niki get the freeze power? Do all her alter egos have different powers? And if so, how is that possible since her body chemistry doesn't change, and that determines what your power is according to Mohinder?That was supposed to have those spoiler tags! Damn, how do I fix it?

i was confused too...i thought maybe she had amnesia from the house exploding because but then the cryo thing really confused me. i was talking to my mom and she was wondering if this is possibly her twin sister somehow (i know they said in season 1 that she was choked to death by their father but, it's television so they can do whatever they want).

eh, they got nice dogs. real estate's reasonable too, out in the boonies. heh.

just finishing up episode 2 from last week...holy shit, they may very well be trying to win people back from the way season 2 ended up, indeed.

skeet - ill never know why you dont bittorent these things, you could watch em the very next day like i does

I told you, Bittorrent fails me. I can't get the mofo to work.

i was confused too...i thought maybe she had amnesia from the house exploding because but then the cryo thing really confused me. i was talking to my mom and she was wondering if this is possibly her twin sister somehow (i know they said in season 1 that she was choked to death by their father but, it's television so they can do whatever they want).

Yeah I had a thought about the sister too, but I really hope that isn't it. To have two twin sisters with multiple personalities is just too damn confusing! I figure they're bound to have a flashback episode like they did last season to explain all those little anomalies.

So who likes Claire better with dark hair??

dark-hair-hayden-panettiere0602.jpg

I mean I never really said I liked her character too much... First I commented on her hair which has nothing to do with her character, then I said I liked her storylines! :-P

That being said, Claire's not that bad. No worse than, say... Micah. He's just a kid, doesn't really contribute much character-wise and is basically a prop in Niki's storyline. But that doesn't mean you have to hate them. They're there for good reasons :-D

I'm sorry, I forgot that I'm not allowed to talk about something unless I'm praising it.

I like Noah, he hasn't gotten old. He's a company man through and through, no matter what he tries to be. I'm also interested to see where Nathan goes, whether his visions of Linderman are hallucinations or a manifestation.

But honestly? Not much. Season one was great, but here we are in season three, again watching as Hiro bumbles as stupidly as he did in the first season, again watching him try to stop a city from exploding, again watching as Mohinder narrates nonsensically. I'm watching them employ the concept of promicin, of clones, I'm watching as the power to paint like a single artist gets passed on nonsensically through headphones. The story starts someplace interesting - Sylar with Noah, Peter in a villain's body, Hiro suspicious of Ando - and watching as each of these plot lines get cut before they're even really explored. It's as if they don't want characters to grow from a series of experiences, but rather through leaps - Peter will learn from going to the future rather than inhabiting the body of a villain, Parkman will learn through visions rather than through exploring his own powers, Hiro obviously hasn't learned how to stop constantly fucking things up and seems to have forgotten about Ando's potential betrayal completely, Mohinder is going to be a different person because of an injection he just decided to do in an alley. The characters with character from season one are becoming one-dimensional cliches, and it pisses me off as a viewer.

This season started well, and for some reason took a turn here in the third. Maybe it'll make it up, it probably will, but I'm not seeing the same kind of writing and character building I did in the first season.