Hondo's Bar

Heroes

Lycaon

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest problem with the show is that the characters are getting dumber. Claire and Peter in particular are just flaming idiots half of the time. The only once who have been consistently intelligent have been Noah and Sylar. Which is way too little of a giant cast. I don't buy Nathan's motives, Hiro has in no way advanced as a character since season 1, and Suresh, Parkman, and Nikki 3.0 are just boring as sin. I hope it picks up soon, the end of volume 3 was pretty good, but the series has gone nowhere since season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

gotta agree with bishop somewhat here... on the other hand season 1 is hard to beat. after that, i kind of lost track of what character did what, who knew what and where and how many times the ensemble cast actually met each other. it's hard to relate after. on a brighter note:

• 1 year later...
It's official. NBC has cancelled "Heroes."

The network seriously mulled bringing back "Heroes" for a shortened final season to wrap up the serialized show.

In the end, given the fairly high cost of the drama, the show's consistently declining ratings and the number of new hour-longs coming to NBC next season, the network decided the UMS-produced series wasn't worth an additional season. Sources say the network is still leaving the door open to conclude the show with a special or movie.

The show has long had a rocky relationship with its fans. Out of the gate, "Heroes" was a big hit for the network -- an ethnically diverse big-concept ensemble that performed well overseas. It was NBC's "Lost."

But the show's writers struggled to keep the show's twisting narrative on track. Characters were killed off and resurrected with regularity. Narrative threads were started, then abandoned. Unlike "Lost," there didn't seem to be series-long central questions driving the show that needed to be resolved with a final season.

Must admit i stopped watching after Season 2, pity it was quite enjoyable.

you actually stopped watching when it was still considered somewhat enjoyable. then they decided to focus on way too many characters at the same time and it got slow as shit. i, for one, am glad it's finally been put out of it's misery. they could never top the first season.

• 5 years later...

11222619_10153539689663189_503036609899601089_o.jpg

‘Heroes Reborn’ Creator Tim Kring On Why Some Characters Aren’t Returning

As was revealed previously, there are some signature alums from the original 2006-10 NBC show returning, read mindreader Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg), The Haitian (Jimmy Jean-Louis) and Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka). But some of the vital principals are absent — i.e. Claire (Hayden Panettierre), Sylar (Zachary Quinto) and Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) because “they didn’t have availability, it was out of our control,” acknowledged Kring, while also mentioning that bringing back the old guard also entailed “what the story dictated” on the new show.

Heroes Reborn takes place five years after the original series and takes its cue right from Claire’s big reveal that she’s a human full of super-talents (she always could put her broken bones back in place).In X-Men-like fashion, now all the heroes with superpowers are out and are poised to be exploited by the government. Claire, however, is dead in the new series.

post-53126-Bill-Murray-looks-at-camera-gi-68fK.gif

tumblr_ndb2e7u1va1tfj13io1_500.png