Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto IV

The NZA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Steve told me today that IGN(whatever that is) gave it a perfect 10, which apparently has only happened previously for Zelda on the 64 and one of the soul caliburs.

He then went on to tell me I'd overhyped Rock Band though and that it was going to fall well shirt of expectation, so fuck him.

heh. really though, its guitar hero with more instruments, what's not to love?!

im really thinking i share PA's feelings on sandbox games; im just not compelled to get back to business and stop beating hookers. i hope the plot/engine of this one shuts my smarmy mouth like panch wants to happen, so very badly.

Heh. Yeah it looks that way. SO has anyone else given this a proper play yet? I tried to load up after 1030 last night(when the neighbors can call the cops because their neighbor won't stop playing with a stupid fake drumkit) but ended up passing out.

Well, several hours in already and this game is fucking crack! Seriously, great gameplay, cool story, and an amazing world to fuck around in. I've never been a huge GTA guy, but this one is just amazing so far. Can't wait to try some multi-player. To anyone on the fence I definitely recommend it!

I got meself a freezing console! BOO!

PS3 or 360? Was told this morning by a friend I work with that a few people have found the game freezes on the start-up screen.

Bish-Our online times don't tend to coincide so much except for weekends, but I'm definitely down whenever you are!

So here's the number one question on my mind. Does it tie in with the whole GTA3 saga (Meaning GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, and Advanced) in any way? I mean are there any familiar characters or locations? I hear they have the ruins of Salvatore's mansion in one mission but beyond that is there anything? Please tell me Phil Cassidy at least has a small cameo.

P.S. even the haters gotta love this one.

Edited by Iambaytor

SHit, I remember playing the other night and I came across something in the city and thought 'FUCK! Haven't thought about that since...' And I can't even remember what it back-referenced. GOd I love this game though. It's gonna be great for when I eventually get off Rock Band's nuts. Meanwhile I have one mate staring goggle-eyed at my domestic 360 and library of games slowly gathering dust and the other who has a 360 salivating over my copy of GTA 4. But he's damaged and lost way too many of my games to even get a look-in