Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto IV

The NZA

Haven't gotten that far in, but 2 things I love most right now are 1) the in car b-button. Easy-peasy cinematic views are a whole lotta fun and 2) drink driving. Oh god, I swear I was swaying by the end of it. I felt like a champ for making it out alive.

And as I was telling Doj last night(poor guy)- high-speed impacts launch you straight out the windscreen! It's amazing!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as I was telling Doj last night(poor guy)- high-speed impacts launch you straight out the windscreen! It's amazing!

Really? I found that kinda annoying in True Crime: New York but then again, that game was shit. That was the one thing I liked about the GTA series was you could wreck the ever living fuck out of a car and still remain inside, in fact one of my hobbies was to try and get every single piece of paneling off of the care (including fenders, hood, trunk, doors, and both bumpers) off without blowing it up, so I would essentially be driving a frame around. I mean this just sounds like being thrown off the bikes which was to put it quite simply, cool the first couple times but annoying as shit after that.

Also I've not seen the vehicle listing, are the bikes back or did they pull a GTA 2 and say "Bikes? What bikes? There were never any bikes."

Yeah there's bikes(they're in the artbook and a lotta promo shots) but I haven't seen one yet. I never played true crime, but I heard it was horrible. Let's make no more comparisons shall we? :P

There really are no comparisons, unless GTA has a level that involves kung-fu fighting zombies, shotting at floating demonic skulls, beating the fuck out of two demon hookers, and then shooting down a dragon in a fight with nothing but two pistols that do less damage than actually taking the bullets out of your gun and throwing them at your enemy whilst it flies around. (Jesus Christ I wish I was making this up) not even Christopher Walkin was able to save that game. And I'm ashamed to admit that I beat the game and got all 3 endings. :D

one of my hobbies was to try and get every single piece of paneling off of the care (including fenders, hood, trunk, doors, and both bumpers) off without blowing it up, so I would essentially be driving a frame around.

ha, i used to do that too.

man i'm seriously considering spending 1/5 of all the money i have in the world on this game.

Republican Space Defenders or whatever was grand, but the "They're RICH" show (sp?) was a highlight.

Panch has me intrigued; id like to see if the game's plot would truly keep me involved & not lost in the immersion of too much to do. Seriously, Oblivion's never gonna be finished, i accepted this.

Well, beat this bitch yesterday. Decent ending (haven't gotten both yet.). Overall I loved the game, but it is amazing how the fell, and overall fun of the game let me overlook some pretty glaring flaws that I readily acknowledge exist, especially concering how some missions are just a little too scripted. In one I had to kill a dude, so I shot him with a rocket launcher. He was only down to half of his life, apparently he was invincible until I killed all of his buddies. Chase scenes could get that way too, with invincible guys that you have to follow to a particular place. These things stand out even more considering all the amazing world-sim stuff that GTA IV does so well.

Also, the lack of checkpoints, not cool, having to drive across all three islands just to die at the same point 5 times in a row BLOWS.

But god, I really do love this game, with warts and all, it just does a hell of a job putting you in the shoes of Nico, in Liberty City, and it really is a hell of a good time.