Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto IV

The NZA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on PS3 right? I had a PC-nut workfriend come to me with such sadistic glee telling me about the inactivity, but as far as I can tell it hasn't happened to 360 users.

It's happened to some 360 users, just as it's happened to some PS3 users. I have the misfortune to be one of that small group. It's being blown up a lot, because it's more frequent on the PS3 and it's one of the first huge fuckups on a huge title for the system, which I welcome because it becomes more likely that my problem will be addressed.

Your workfriend sounds like they have some sort of retarded vendetta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently digging the shit out of The Ballad of Gay Tony, it finally adds two (of the many) things I missed from San Andreas: Tanks and Parachutes.

The tank isn't exactly your classic slow one-shot car exploding monstrosity, it takes about 4 shots to take out a car but they come at about the speed of an 8th note. Keep in mind that cars are a lot more resilient in GTA IV as well. It also swaps the treads for wheels, but that makes it much faster and more maneuverable (not taking into account the obscene speeds you could hit firing behind you in the previous games).

Skydiving is badass. A bit more like Just Cause, you have a lot of control. It's also featured extensively in the missions, which I don't really remember being the case in San Andreas. Then again I spent the majority of my time in SA avoiding the story missions like the plague. There's some cool moments. Assassinate a CEO in a skyscraper, then when security is coming jump out the window and land on the getaway truck driving down the road. Or while trying to "persuade" a reluctant gossip columnist in a helicopter with punches, wrap it up by pushing him out, then dive out and catch him on your way down.

The story is awesome and ties in beautifully with the main tale and The Lost and Damned, R* really thought this shit through. To get the full story, you have to play the DLC. This one starts with you on the ground being held at gunpoint in a bank being robbed by some very familiar Irishmen.

If you like GTA IV, you're doing yourself an injustice by not playing this (and TLAD).

P.S. Automatic Shotgun with explosive shells ftw.

• 1 year later...

never did get around to playing this one, but hot damn, this mod is unbelievable.

EZJHI.jpg

gtaivhigh5jrh.jpg

gtaiv2010-04-0320-03-1n8n5.jpg

gtaiv2010-04-0421-36-0qkjw.jpg

35a7f5a35d3fea954d825a206bbfd1fa95f8b8a0d90cf18a89c999f0a67d44666g.jpg

f7a12446bd6faefa4910f650f36a66997e041c2cc8fba142cb655350c2f637416g.jpg

885dd63e21bbd6232891329f1bf54b260b107487a843e3b1adb62b33bec0f5106g.jpg

8f1580ac03aa5fa9fdfc427d74e88f65f5e6417fb4c3090c27ed709abe7f50426g.jpg

gta4o.png

3.png

4.png

look at that shit. just look at it. it's what i want the next gen of consoles to look like, at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I hope this generation of games is significantly shorter. Looking at mods that make the graphics better makes folks like myself want a higher end option from Sony than what they're offering. Can you imagine the hardware in ps4 had it relatively been sold for $600 instead???.

Oh yea... I've been looking for an excuse to get GTA4 before 5 comes in. Is it still worth getting on console?

Edited by IceManML

:O .................................................

Holy shit. That's fookin AWESOME. I hope you get to upgrade bikes more in depth. All of a sudden I feel like getting my nomad out n playing a bit.

Or sum gta2. That's my fav 1 atm.