Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto IV

The NZA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I understand, is the 40gig version of PS3 has no immulation/modifications/security blocks in it. So the 40-PS3 you buy here is the same as there and everywheres...

the 60-PS3 and 80-PS3 had all sorts of different mod shit done to it so they might be regionized. What do I know though???

This might not soften the blow, but..

Rockstar Speaks On Australia GTA IV Edits, R18+ Classification

The Australian version of Grand Theft Auto IV was rated by the OFLC in December 2007 as MA15+. Unlike the US and Europe, Australia still lacks an R18+ rating for video games and as a result many games are edited for release in Australia, including most previous Grand Theft Auto releases.

While there are some minor differences between the Australian and US/EU versions, they are not significant and we do not believe they take away from the level of scope and detail that make GTA IV such an incredible experience. We would not release the game in Australia if we believed these differences compromised the quality of the game in any way.

We strongly support the OLFC and will continue to work within their guidelines; however we believe the government needs to bring games in line with other media by introducing an R18+ rating, or edits to games will continue to be necessary. We encourage consumers to let their politicians know that they support an R18+ rating for games

to elaborate on that, some specifics:

Okay guys, I have some news for you regarding what was edited from the AU release. I just gave Take2 a call (a friggin expensive 1902 number!) and this is exactly what I was told:

"Well in regards to what Rockstar have removed for the Australian release, as far as we're aware there was only one sexually violent cut-scene which Rockstar felt would cause the game to be Refused Classification. Unfortunately we're not able to go into specifics until after the game has been released but I can tell you that the scene involves a weapon being inserted into an enemies private area during a mission where Niko is taking revenge after one of his close friends was forced into sexual intercourse during his stay in prison."

Seriously I thought he was joking ....I was like LOL you're joking right? He says "No. This is what Rockstar felt needed to be removed from the game for it's Australian release. We were recently given permission to release this information because as we understand, Rockstar originally made a press release stating that the game would be released uncut world wide. We felt it would be misleading not to release the information".

sorta, uh, clears that up. :proof:

• 2 weeks later...

So, what console are you gonna buy this for? Xbox or PS3? im curious because this game+new job = My long dream of buying a PS or an XBox. And since you can play it online with your friend, Id realyy like to play with you guys.

Its a weird country the one you live on Skeet, my friend.

Edited by Boogie

Back to GTA, the launch was fun. A majority of the crowd were clearly fucking tourists and had no idea of launch etiquette/common sense(in one special case a guy forgot his preorder slip, but then so did most of the crowd despite the midnight launch being explained as 'doors opening at 11 so folks can pay before midnight, take a ticket and at midnight be promptly served and get the fuck out', but this guy, forgets his slip, kicks and screams because he didn't preorder the collector's and then when he gets one, after three failed credit/savings attempts and rummaging around in his wallet, realises he doesn't have the money for either edition. The guy behind the counter(or any one of the customers waiting behind him) throwing him through a window would've made my night if the game hadn't), but compared to the botched Halo 3 launch this was a lot smoother.

The collector's edition- Mint. The lockbox is enormous and sturdy, the keyring's a nice brushed metal, artbook and soundtrack are cool(I like what i've heard in game so far), and the bag is of much better quality than I expected. Like, I'm actually using it it's pretty nicely made.

The game- First twenty minutes the graphics won't dazzle, but once you get past cinematics the in-game is that lovely subtle cell-shading like the posters and looks great. The cars handle a lot more realistically and it (for me) felt like I'd never handled a car before, but not in a bad way. Combat has evolved past the X-button melee of old, and it's all pretty cool, haven't gotten to handle gunplay yet though. I wasn't especially psyched about the release since Rock Band this arrives this week and by comparison, I've obviously hyped it more, but I gotta say: I'm not entirely confident I'll be able to put this down once RB arrives.

Back to GTA, the launch was fun. A majority of the crowd were clearly fucking tourists and had no idea of launch etiquette/common sense(in one special case a guy forgot his preorder slip, but then so did most of the crowd despite the midnight launch being explained as 'doors opening at 11 so folks can pay before midnight, take a ticket and at midnight be promptly served and get the fuck out', but this guy, forgets his slip, kicks and screams because he didn't preorder the collector's and then when he gets one, after three failed credit/savings attempts and rummaging around in his wallet, realises he doesn't have the money for either edition. The guy behind the counter(or any one of the customers waiting behind him) throwing him through a window would've made my night if the game hadn't), but compared to the botched Halo 3 launch this was a lot smoother.

The collector's edition- Mint. The lockbox is enormous and sturdy, the keyring's a nice brushed metal, artbook and soundtrack are cool(I like what i've heard in game so far), and the bag is of much better quality than I expected. Like, I'm actually using it it's pretty nicely made.

The game- First twenty minutes the graphics won't dazzle, but once you get past cinematics the in-game is that lovely subtle cell-shading like the posters and looks great. The cars handle a lot more realistically and it (for me) felt like I'd never handled a car before, but not in a bad way. Combat has evolved past the X-button melee of old, and it's all pretty cool, haven't gotten to handle gunplay yet though. I wasn't especially psyched about the release since Rock Band this arrives this week and by comparison, I've obviously hyped it more, but I gotta say: I'm not entirely confident I'll be able to put this down once RB arrives.

Skeet which system did you get it for?

I'm debating seeing if I can get in on a midnight launch at a nearby store, they ususally don't have that many people waiting for these things.

Also to the system war side of things, the PS3 one runs at a lower res, is supposedly a little bit better looking, and loads a bit faster. the 360 supposedly has better colors, and will have exclusive DLC coming down the line. Supposedly the DLC should be pretty sweet, but we don't know much about it yet. Talk has it like Liberty city Stories size or some shit like that.

DIdn't get a good look at the map, but it apparently analogues NY perfectly, just renaming everything from Star Junction to the STatue of Happiness(lamest name ever), so it realistically can't be any bigger than something like the GodFather or any other sandbox game that maps NY. GOt it for 360(as the only one I own), and yeah, the lanyard I got with it says there'll be new episodes to buy on live later on. Fuck I wish I'd gotten some gunplay going on before my 2am bedtime. :(

DIdn't get a good look at the map, but it apparently analogues NY perfectly, just renaming everything from Star Junction to the STatue of Happiness(lamest name ever), so it realistically can't be any bigger than something like the GodFather or any other sandbox game that maps NY. GOt it for 360(as the only one I own), and yeah, the lanyard I got with it says there'll be new episodes to buy on live later on. Fuck I wish I'd gotten some gunplay going on before my 2am bedtime. :(

Be getting it in a couple of hours. Pretty nice that the store by my house isn't that popular, so I'm like #30 in line, we don't even have to get there before midninght, I already have my #, so I can just chill until then. Hopefully if enough hondonians get this we can get a huge MP game going.

I coulda had that fucker last Thursday (the joys of working retail) but alas my 360 died a death some months ago and well, it's NTSC anyways so a PAL copy of GTA IV wouldn't have been worth a damn. Gonna pick up a PS3 avec GTA IV on Thursday payday though. As much as I love the sexbox it'd break my heart to get a new one. It'd be like if little Skippy died getting a Rover to take his place. Sure he'd be fun and all but it'd never be good ol' Skippy. Plus Booray won so I'm getting down with the times.