Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto IV

The NZA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we can't all be sell-out "I can't stand GoW 'cause there's no Kobe Bryants to remind me of my errant youth" peesashits like yourself, sir.

6 am my time if you do four from now.

I guess i could wake up for a few rounds then go back to sleep.

S'alright though mate. What's your weekend schedule like?

Don't say GTA SA to mean South America. SA is for San Andres. In GTAWorld, Miami is Vice City, South Cali is San Andres and Liberty City is NYC. Detroit would probably be something like Motor City. New Orleans would be Leveeville or something. DC would be Capitol City. East St Louis would be, uh, I don't know.

Oh come on, Saint Louis is an easy one, Gateway City!

P.S. Wasn't Capitol City the name for DC in Destroy All Humans? Am I imagining this?

• 3 months later...

well rockstar said that GTA4 won't come out till February thru April. This is fairly large news as it A) hurts everyone but nintendo and B) slows down the start of next gen till next year since there are alot of players gta4 would bring in. Off the bat this hurts MS the most, they paid alot of money to not only get content exclusive to them(also will likely be delayed) but I'm sure also to make sure the 360 version lanuchs at the same time as the ps3 one. this also give sony a fairly nice line up early in the year, msg4, gta4 and something like little big planet (further delays not withstanding.)

Yeah, lotta folks were pissy about this one. "Q1 2008 is the new Q4 2007!", there's other games i was recently seeing getting pushed back too; normally, i dont mind these things as i dont want my games rushed, but personally, current offerings for all 3 next-gen systems are pretty bare. Rockstar knows this is a system-seller too, and at least the MS content will be out while the game's still relevant, so it might help them in the long run, we'll see if it was a worthwhilse investment in april, i guess.

Still, at least theyve both got some exciting games coming for the holidays, so i see where its bad but its by far not the only good-looking title, you know?

damn shame far-shores isnt covering this!

• 7 months later...

yeah, you are, but im starting to see why.

I sat on the Bioshock LE and you saw what happened. Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed, same thing. I kinda wish idve gone with the PS3 Stranglehold one, but at least i wont miss MGS4.

This is gonna be another game i end up borrowing when someone's done with it, cause i dont seem to finish sandbox games myself, fun though they may be. Point is, from now on, any game im halfway considering buying, i'ma pull a skeet and go special edition.

Welcome to the fold. There was a special ed of mass effect? Shit, looking at it now I never saw this shit in Oz, damnit. well I got the preorder DVD at least, and later on bought the artbook+guide, so I guess in the end I have it all, except for the 36 page citadel timeline fic. So no preorders left for GTAIV collector's there?

skeet: i think the mass effect LE was online only, and i forget, mighta had the novel or something, more "making of" DVDs that look great but i honestly rarely watch 'em, so dont feel too bad.

I think we can still get GTA IV SE pre-ordered (ive got a solid gamestop hookup im trying to get onto this site), but like i said, ill end up just borrowing this game personally.

SoF - i picked up No More Heroes, Zack & Wiki and Smash Bros this year alone for the Wii, so its really getting its money's worth. Unless Mario Kart ends up knocking reviewers socks off, lemme know what you think, cause im debating sitting this one out and just sticking to Double Dash, whenever i get that one back.

DoJ - Yeah, i didnt pre-order before either 'cause the big box retail stores usually have what i want in stock, but some stuff i wanted was more obscure, plus again, guy from gamestop is cool & hooks me up with swag, so i kinda help out his pre-order quota these days, otherwise i woudlnt do it either. But again, im all but garunteed a MGS 4 special edition that includes a private invite to a closed beta for the Online game next month, and i needs that in my life, so he's like my new best friend.

man, can you believe retailers down under are only just getting in the swing of incentive schemes?!

Nick- I'm doubting the CE of ME came with an online component, that'd just piss folks(who missed out) off. And like I said, I have the preorder dvd which has the making of, a few themes and gamer pics, etc, but I wonder if the CE came in a tin case of nice big fold-out cardstock like Two worlds. Sure they're a pain in the arse but presentation can't be beat. All's I'm missing is that novella with the citadel timeline. Shit, I coulda sworn i wrote this almost word-for-word in my last post. did you even see that?!

oh, shit. uh, dont tell skeet, but...

Good news, Australian gaming citizens. You're getting a very special edition of Grand Theft Auto IV, one bereft of content that the Office of Film and Literature Classification considers beyond what would be acceptable as an MA15+rated game. What's changed? Rockstar isn't saying, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. It's still packed with "strong violence, strong coarse language, drug and sexual references", but it's clear something has been cut.

Hopefully, our brothers and sisters south of the equator will be able to import from regions far and wide to enjoy all of the original naughtiness. For a quick history lesson on the content edited history of Grand Theft Auto in Australia, hit up the source.

GTA IV edited for Australia [sydney Morning Herald's Screen Play]