Hondo's Bar

Biggest Tearjerker Moments

Im watching Return of the King for about the hundredth time and the last 45 minutes is still just one tearjerker after another for me. Same with Forrest Gump when Jenny dies. Dammit gets me every time and totally emasculates me in front of whoever im watching it with.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah the end of ROTK was a big tear jerker for me, even though i knew what was coming.

The Wind That Shakes The Barley too, that just fucking gets me right there, the end of that film.

yeah The Wind That Shakes The Barley made me well up in parts. They were hard patriotic Man-tears though!

Armageddon get's me every time! Believe it or not, so does a scene in Spider-Man 2 (big surprise)! After Spidey saved everybody on that train and is carried back in JC style. Then those kids give him back his mask and tell him that his secret is safe with them! Oh man... it's hard to even think about... sniff...

Armageddon get's me every time! Believe it or not, so does a scene in Spider-Man 2 (big surprise)! After Spidey saved everybody on that train and is carried back in JC style. Then those kids give him back his mask and tell him that his secret is safe with them! Oh man... it's hard to even think about... sniff...

Yeah same with me. Spiderman and Armageddon "You go take care of my little girl now. That's your job. I always thought of you as a son. I'd be damn proud to have you marry Grace." :blink:

Jax nailed it, Braveheart alla way.

I recall What Dreams May Come being in this territory; for me, honestly, i dont think any love movie of any kind has ever come close in this dept as Eternal Sunshine, really had its moments towards the end there.

the green mile.

hah, told you, i always think of that one station i was at where every firefighter that passed by the TV with that on said the exact same thing "man, what a great movie, but no way i can watch it again, shit's harsh."

also, looking back, i really didnt like Passion, not just because its basically a snuff film, but its a horrible torture movie where a good story of jesus' life coulda been, strikes me as a kinda mean way to guilt catcholics into watching it several times, but that's just my take.

• 2 weeks later...
also, looking back, i really didnt like Passion, not just because its basically a snuff film, but its a horrible torture movie where a good story of jesus' life coulda been, strikes me as a kinda mean way to guilt catcholics into watching it several times, but that's just my take.

I absolutely agree. A word of warning though: Do not watch it stoned. It freaked me the fuck out.

hah, told you, i always think of that one station i was at where every firefighter that passed by the TV with that on said the exact same thing "man, what a great movie, but no way i can watch it again, shit's harsh."

Yeah the green mile had a pretty harsh ending

About the Passion, think it was a litte OTT but would the roman centurions et al have been courtious and not whipped as hard as they did, i don't think so... its all about restarted the Catholic Guilt thing though!

• 2 years later...

The end of Chasing Amy can get me a little blubbery, when he meets her again at the convention after fucking things up so bad.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was pretty misty.

Even though it was emotional dirty pool and came off as a little cheap to me, I couldn't help but get teary eyed at the beginning of Up.

Oh god. I cry at the drop of a fucking hat now. I used to never shed a tear while all of my other friends would be balling, but over the years I've become the one to start choking back the tears while watching a movie or television show. Fuck, even some commercials will make me tear up.

Some movies off the top of my head that make me cry everytime: The Fall, Pan's Labyrinth, Princess and The Warrior, Leon... I'll get scenes and more titles in here soon. I cry so much it's ridiculous.

Archived