Hondo's Bar

Street Fighter IV

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Yeah, saw that this morning. Here's a scoop for you, a blurry screenshot of the suspect in question:

sf4rosehy1.jpg

As for turbo stuff, Udon put out an official trailer for the game (a very corny one). It's coming out sometime this month (finally):

But hey, Street Fighter is the best around~

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did the per-order thing.

ps3.jpg

1. The game (duh)

2. A limited-edition (ie., not sold anywhere else) figurine – Ryu in the PS3 box.

3. Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind: a 65 minute anime movie — created by Studio 4C — that sets up the story of SFIV by explaining events post-SFII. BluRay disc in the PS3 box!

4. A mini-strategy guide from Prima, written by the same people doing the full-on guide and illustrated by Udon Comics

5. CD soundtrack. Rock SFIV stage chunez in your car!

6. …Plus some secret additional downloadable content that we’re not quite ready to reveal at this point. Look for more announcements soon!

Not as awesome as the European and Australian set :(

sfivcollectors.jpg

reason im not that impressed iz guz this kinda looks like rival schools 2 meets sf ex so.. usually when u make a step like a non-spinoff sequel to a huge game like this theres GOTTA be sumthin innovative thatll change fighting games forever rite?!?! (sf2 started free movement sprites, sf3 parrying and so on)

maybe im just being ignorant and just need to look a lil more.. it is capcom we're talkin about here :shady:

ps did they like ignore sf3 btw? where are da sf3 chars???????? cuz chars like rose don even belong in da original series o_O (she was supposed to have been killed by bison along w adon and co. in da alpha series)

sf alpha series (story wise) is supposed to be between sf1 and sf2. hence y folkz like rose and adon fight ridiculous opponents they couldnt have possibly have beaten in their endings (bison alpha1 and akuma alpha2). Thats y i never understood y alpha 2 was created besides the obviously overwhelming popularity. That is until alpha 3 was made which escalated the entire series beyond sf2 then the hole in da plot is larger than yo grandmama's panty hoes.

How do I know all of this? 1 simple fact is the backbone of these other silly facts...

Charlie is still alive -_-; (im kinda glad cuz i like him way better than guile; capcom vs snk 1 is my fav fighting game to play btw altho not my best)

• 4 weeks later...

SF IV's tutorial mode sounds like a much-needed option, i cant wait to try this.

abel-character-street-fight.jpg

While tutorials are not new, the SFIV tutorial is all-encompassing. As Capcom's Street Fighter expert Seth Killian explains, "It begins with normal moves, then it goes on to specials, supers, ultras, two-in-one combos, chains into specials, links into specials and then finally, how to put it all together. We teach you what the pros refer to as 'bread-and-butter' combos, as well as focus cancel techniques that are useful to your particular character."

Each character has six levels of trials in the tutorial. Those familiar with the game could expect the fourth level to be challenging says Killian, and the last two trials will test skilled players.

Capcom's guarantee: "Anyone who completes trial mode will be a legitimate threat in competition. That is my promise. I guarantee that, at the very least, you'll be able to squash your friends."

• 1 month later...

Holy god this game is awesome!!!! Capcom seriously outdid themselves with this one, it plays great, is easy to pick up and looks and sounds amazing. Not to mention my stick seems to work better on this than it does on SSF2T:HDR. If you guys like Street Fighter at all be sure to pick this one up, seriously this is going to be a revolution. The king is back!

Sorry I couldn't buy the copy from you Bish. I told my little bro about it, but he seemed to have snatched it early.

And yes, Street Fighter IV is excellent. I'm going through the challenge modes and I am half-way done with that. Online is also quite excellent when I play fights with only 3 bars and it feels like the dude is right next to me. On top of that, I play on a wireless connection on my PS3. That's how good online is. But above all that, it brings a smile to my face to see someone who wasn't a year old when Street Fighter II came out play this game for 14 hours straight. I think my little brother is enjoying it far more than I am. :love:

Almost done unlocking all of the characters, just need to beat the game with Sagat, Vega, Rose, and Zangeif. Been playing the hell out of this thing, it really does rock my socks. I think the best part of it is that it is probably more accessible than any Street Fighter since 2. However, it still has a hell of a lot of depth, and looks great. Anyone else jump on this yet? I hear it's been selling gangbusters.

Played the PS3 version at Jon's house... WOW! Great fucking game. Played online with my girl Chun-Li and didn't win a match (lot's of cheap cheaters). Frustrated, I went to the challenge mode and sharpened up and came back... and could only win a round. I didn't care! That game is great! While it is close to SF2, it's something new, too (I learned I'm not that good and need practice). Anyways, the only complaint I got is that it took me forever to find a match. I'd have to choose, refresh, choose, refresh and on and on.

Adon is dead?! :wink:

Actually, he is alive, he has a cameo in the game.

Man, fuck challenge mode, I don't mind learning tough combos, but I hate having to be incredibly specific with them, there is one that is Ryu doing a jumping roundhouse -> standing h. punch -> Shoryuken -> Shinpuu Hadoken. If it was a crouching fierce, then i would have no problems, I do that combo all the time, but it being a standing one fucks with everything. Sigh.

Getting better at the game though, I think, Ryu is my current main, but I'm getting to like Honda in this one too. Bison is also a beast.

Anyone else have this for 360? We should have a match or two.

I think now's the time to unveil whilke I'm slightly tipsy and everyone's touting this game as the one-shot cure for canver and aids:

SF2 while being appealing as an ideal, is about as accesible as a hot retarded girl with overportective parents.

ive only gotten to see people pay it so far, looked good.

Skeet: really? there were 6 buttons, with varying levels of speed/strength for punches and kicks. it operated in 2D, and had limited special moves with no fatalities and it took people a long time to pull off good combos. compared to 3D fighters now, SFII comes off way more accessible, why would you say otherwise?

Archived