Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, but the ones that look like theyd function but dont bug me, unless youve got a huge attatchment to the franchise of course. i mean, im not big on gears of war but that prop chainsaw gun thing sadly didnt work, but it looks cool as fuck.

the LE batarang might not cut you as bad as the ones we got from megacon would (theyre sharper than any knife i have, its fucking weird) but yeah, if they operate at any low-rez past being a veiwfinder, ill admit they're cool. hell, even that NBA 09 or whatever foot locker prop wasnt bad - dont get me wrong, even when its not a game/franchise i follow, im glad we're at a point that non-Working Designs companies are doing awesome LE's.

it only sucks when its a new IP and you dont know if its worth the extra scratch and then years later when its not as cool you gotta shamelessly steal some shit from a friend's house in brisbane or something.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot - Wakeboarding, Jetskiing/Waverunner, Basketball, Archery (awesome, a lot of fun) , Frisbee (toss to a dog and Frisbee Golf), Golf with more courses, Bowling with 3 versions, Sky Diving, Flying a plane with unlockable baloon popping mode, Table Tennis, Sword Fighting - 3 modes - duel, hack various objects, and fight your way through a bunch of opponents all at once, Cycling (I enjoyed this one. A lot more fun than I thought it would be.) And finally Canoeing which was also more fun than I thought it would be. Also comes with Wii Motion Plus, AKA Wii Condom Magnum. Makes your remote more accurate.

Yeah I noticed it in all but one or two games, but especially in golf. If you played the original Wii Sports, you just swing it like a club, but in Resort it makes sure you're keeping your wrist straight and everything.

Afro Samurai - like the demo, its a repetitive hack & slash. your enjoyment here, like many such titles lately, hinges on how much you dug the franchise.

which is to say, i really enjoyed this. Samuel Jackson as Ninja Ninja (afro's groupie) is meaner than in the series, and has some really great lines here, plays the blaxploitation thing up awesomely. dont get me wrong, the level design isnt bad, but nothing exceptional: the graphics are good & in line with the anime's style, but still not overly detailed/memorable, and the enemies are again repetitive, plus you open more skills as you go but there's only so many ways you can slice dudes up (i capped off around 1,300 heads), but for me, the RZA's accompanying soundtrack got me absolutely pumped at certain boss/gang fights and really helped seal the deal, this is one i wanna keep - but not for more than $20, as all ive left to do is go back & beat it on hard mode.

What it does do different, however, aside from go from dark epic to having fun with itself rather well (as the series did, i thought), is that by the endgame, it starts changing things up plotwise, and even catches itself right when its throwing you off-guard ("oh, you think you know how shit goes down 'cause you watched the TV show? well...that's TV. in real life, shit dont end so well."). its nothing mind-blowing, but a different take on the ending - which left me with questions, but afforded more face time with Ron Perlman as Justice, so id say it was a great decision for that.

First title ive rented in a while and been hesitant to see it go - moreso wanting to mop up the last hard achievements & share the title than for replay, but yeah, i dug it.

Gonna prolly try the single player campaign of Halo 3, mebbe Mirror's Edge for a bit now that Sam & Max is done ( :miksty: ) and im waiting on my next gamefly title, which fucking well better be either Call of Juarez or Blood on the Sand.

ps i really gotta do a thread for Scribblenauts, upcoming DS title that sounds awesome. one post/review from GAF:

I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.

fuck. if its the drive, its easy enough to handle....you call sony yet? i hear theyre good about this.

I'm going to see whats wrong first. Last thing I want to do is send my unit to sony.

Sony was never good about this sorta thing.

well..i mean, turnaround time's supposed to be good. if you got another SATA drive around or can borrow one (i think it has to be formatted?), you can check if its that. im always worried my 60 GB's gonna give.

whats happening when you start it up, exactly? are you getting an orange light?

Madness, I was talking to Axel today and his PS3 died too (that's why he hasn't been around). The light flashes at him, something about a failure concerning the HD connection.

I blame elves. Microsoft has clearly struck an alliance with them, they don't cobble shoes anymore. They break competing consoles in your sleep.

Madness, I was talking to Axel today and his PS3 died too (that's why he hasn't been around). The light flashes at him, something about a failure concerning the HD connection.

I blame elves. Microsoft has clearly struck an alliance with them, they don't cobble shoes anymore. They break competing consoles in your sleep.

PS3's are dying now??? I already got my red X box 360 (thnx microsuck!) and lucky me, i bought the extra warranty (yay for Best Buy!).

From the looks of things I know where I'm buying my ps3...

ah, wondering where that guy went. tell him he's been missed, too.

seriously, ive heard about the orange light thing, and a few people got their shit bricked by fimrware updates. the worst part is, ive gameshared like 5x so if i get a new one, i lose all those games, far as i know. im really rethinking my stance on service plans.

You cannot win a battle of exclusives.

I find this fascinating. must have taken an eternity to make. The longer I watch it, the better it gets. Until the end, where it gets all wonky. I think there were some copyright issues with the original version, so we get DDR mix!

Edited by Thelogan Prime