Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Joystiq

L.A. Noire no longer PS3 exclusive, also on Xbox 360, Game Informer says

At long last, the never-ending mystery of whether Rockstar's "gritty detective tale," L.A. Noire, will be a multiplatform release has ... well, ended. And in a pretty unspectacular way, to boot -- in the comments section of a Game Informer post teasing the magazine's in-depth print preview of L.A. Noire, editor Matthew Kato explained, "It's not a PS3-exclusive," later adding, "it was at one point, but it's coming out for the PS3 and 360." (We've contacted Rockstar to verify this apparent reveal.)

Now, we won't know whether this news is worth getting excited about until Game Informer's preview hits newsstands. We're getting tentatively pumped, though -- but that's only because of our pure, unswerving love of fedoras. Seriously, we can't get enough of 'em.

anytime i hear news at all about that game, im just kinda surprised im hearing news at all about that game. thsi gen, more than the ones prior, has me thinking any game that doesnt get talked about for a few years most likely = vaporware. The fact that Afrika made it out the door and Alan Wake (might) be this year also fascinate me.

While I never did play with my 360 very often and didn't care for most of the exclusive games on it.

I for whatever reason do miss having that system.

What's L.A. Noire about? I think this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

Kind of a mixture of GTA and Phoenix Wright set in a historically accurate 1940's. Supposed to be more investigation and interrogation than shooting.

edit: Lost Odyssey is one of the best RPG's this console generation. I propose an end to fanboys.

Edited by Thelogan Prime

Kind of a mixture of GTA and Phoenix Wright set in a historically accurate 1940's. Supposed to be more investigation and interrogation than shooting.

edit: Lost Odyssey is one of the best RPG's this console generation. I propose an end to fanboys.

Another game to add my buy list.

I wanted to love Lost Odyssey but I just couldn't get into it.

L A Noire could be great.

about LO - im taking it very slowly. i dont like the grind much, but the game's beautiful and the dream sequences are so, so good, i wish more games tried things like that. that sole element keeps me going through tired gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...
Own The Xbox 360 That Helped Kick the Mayor of Baltimore Out of Office

500x_custom_1268157499796_evidence.jpg

Want to own a piece of Baltimore history, a bit of gaming that helped unseat a mayor of the east coast city?

The city is auctioning off an Xbox 360 that prosecutors say then-mayor Sheila Dixon purchased with gift cards meant for the poor.

The Xbox 360, and a single controller and copy of Need for Speed Carbon, are up for bid on eBay right now, with the price already hovering at $500. Proceeds from the sale will go to Youthworks of Baltimore.

The 360 was seized from Dixon's home in 2008 after allegations of embezzlement surfaced against the mayor. A jury later found Dixon guilty and she resigned from office on Feb. 4 and was ordered to perform 500 hours of community service.

She also had to give up the Xbox 360.

Dixon's Xbox up for sale on eBay [baltimore Sun]

that's some shit right out of The Wire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...