Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

they do sell games for the ps3, as well. many of the same ones, now that i think about it.

Yeah but somehow, the sames don't look as good on PS3 as they do on 360, with key exceptions of course. Given how much more expensive & heavier the PS3 is, this of course baffles me. :???:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the game (most nowadays are almost identical, ghostbuster's about the only one this year i saw looking obviously worse off), but its all about the lead platform the game was designed on, and just like last gen, MS basically put PC parts in and Sony opted for rubix cube bits.

I don't think many developers have taken advantage of the PS3's firepower, especially with cross platform shit. PS3 gets the 360 version, just not optimized for the system a lot of the time, or the same. Rarely better.

Making a good game takes a while tho, I think around next year or so we're gonna start seeing PS3 games that know how to utilize the hardware to it's full potential. I don't think I've seen anything do that yet.

It was the same problem the XBOX had last generation. It was more expensive, far less games. But it had a built in HD and potential. At the end of it's life cycle everything on the XBOX was better than it's equivalent on PS2. There is no way a PS2 could push Escape From Butcher Bay.

I think we're gonna see the same thing here, 360 will have to compete by having a bunch of bells, whistles, gee-gaws and games, because it just aint gonna be as pretty.

Wii just doesn't give a shit. They stomp them all without even trying. If sales start to slip, they'll just bundle a new controller with a bunch of mini-games and sell 4 billion units.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Have:

Oblivion (PS3 - all PS3 unless otherwise stated)

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Resistance: Fall of Man

Def Jam Icon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1

Rock Band (360)

Unreal Championship 2 (xbox)

Wants:

Uncharted 2.

will trade basically any combination of above titles for it! PM me if interested, they're old but you know, you're done with UC2 anyway.

Do I ever feel sorry for you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I grabbed Sacred 2 yesterday because, uh, it's an RPG I haven't played. I'm starting a game, looking thru the class/races that are available. Pretty typical fantasy fare: Human, Undead Human, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf and...ROBOTIC JACKAL WITH SAMAS ARAN ARM BLASTER! Well shit, that makes my character selection process pretty easy, but still...

WTF?!?

That almost reaches lofty levels of absurdity populated by Roo the boxing kangaroo from Streets of Rage 3 and Yappy the chihuahua from Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Darkside.

So I grabbed Sacred 2 yesterday because, uh, it's an RPG I haven't played. I'm starting a game, looking thru the class/races that are available. Pretty typical fantasy fare: Human, Undead Human, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf and...ROBOTIC JACKAL WITH SAMAS ARAN ARM BLASTER! Well shit, that makes my character selection process pretty easy, but still...

WTF?!?

That almost reaches lofty levels of absurdity populated by Roo the boxing kangaroo from Streets of Rage 3 and Yappy the chihuahua from Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Darkside.

I suddenly want to play this game now.

• 2 weeks later...