Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point in time I'm going to Jack someones 360 just to play ME2.

at some point in time I'm going to Jack someones GC just to play Zelda, Eternal Darkness & Metroid Prime. step into my office...

ps a dollar says that h-game LE was a bashcraft post on kotaku.

at some point in time I'm going to Jack someones GC just to play Zelda, Eternal Darkness & Metroid Prime. step into my office...

ps a dollar says that h-game LE was a bashcraft post on kotaku.

Didn't you get the GC from Tim yet?

It was Fahey not bashcraft. I am now a dollar richer.

we can meet up & trade stuff, but not games/systems yet. im still hoping for that VGA box (wait, do you have GC on component? please say yes), plus no ME2 yet. was gonna wait for bish to get it & be done with it (argh but then gun, joel etc might be in queue), ah, do you want me to "acquire" a "legitimate copy" from "the internet", then?

we can meet up & trade stuff, but not games/systems yet. im still hoping for that VGA box (wait, do you have GC on component? please say yes), plus no ME2 yet. was gonna wait for bish to get it & be done with it (argh but then gun, joel etc might be in queue), ah, do you want me to "acquire" a "legitimate copy" from "the internet", then?

No component and Bish said I can have the game when he's done.

Released on the Xbox 360 in October 2009, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is coming to the PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows - LIVE.

Episodes from Liberty City is a compilation of the episodic downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV and includes expansion packs The Lost and Damned (originally released on Xbox LIVE in February 2009) and The Ballad of Gay Tony (originally released in October 2009).

"It's been a long time coming, but we are proud to finally deliver Episodes From Liberty City for the PC and PlayStation 3," said Sam Houser. "We appreciate the patience of our PlayStation 3 and PC fans worldwide, and we look forward to putting the games in your hands this March."

Both episodes will be available together on one disc on March 30 or individually available on the PlayStation Network and Games for Windows.

According to the title's publisher, Games for Windows - LIVE players can enjoy 32-player multiplayer matches and an advanced video editor, and all fans will experience new songs on the updated soundtrack as featured across Liberty City's 13 diverse radio stations, alongside in-game television and Liberty City's own internet.

you know...this gen's been showing us how rising production costs means exclusives (unless you paid for a part of them to be made) = dead. i didnt know it applied to DLC now too, but that was the big one, however delayed.

it's all fair game now, folks.

you know...this gen's been showing us how rising production costs means exclusives (unless you paid for a part of them to be made) = dead. i didnt know it applied to DLC now too, but that was the big one, however delayed.

it's all fair game now, folks.

I think the PS3 is the only console getting Last Guardian, which is a total bummer, I want to play it as soon as it comes out, but I'll have to get a PS3 for it. Wasn't planning on spending that much on a game, but I'll be able to play Little Big Planet as well.

At the moment, Australia's classification laws are stuck in the stone age. There's support for changes from gamers, of course, but hardcore gamers don't have much in the way of political clout. Multinational companies, however, do.

EB Games Australia announced today that it's throwing its weight behind the push for an R18+ classification (ie adults only rating ) for video games in Australia.

Every single store in the country will now be carrying promotional material for the campaign, as well as asking consumers to sign a petition aimed at lobbying the government for changes.

"With the release of the Government's discussion paper, we knew as a company that we needed to act on this issue as it continues to cripple our industry and cost local jobs", EB Games Australia's Managing Director Steve Wilson says. "We did however want to be sure that our customers were as passionate about the matter as we are."

That's exactly the kind of high-profile lobbying that's needed to get the political freight train moving. Complaining about gore and drugs won't win over out-of-touch politicians. But mention local jobs under threat and you'll get their attention. Even if the jobs ultimately report to an American company...

I totally forgot those were exclusives. Glad you guys get to check them out, they're both awesome. Higher production value than most full retail games.

I got around to playing X-Men Origins: Wolverine and I'm going to make a statement. I'm going to savor this, because it is exceptionally rare that I ever get to say it honestly. Ready? Here we go (dramatic inhale)

MOVIE GAME > ACTUAL MOVIE

yessssssssssssssssss ps we need a grasshopper studios thread, even if its just me there

yamaoka.jpg

Silent Hill's Akira Yamaoka Finds New Home At Grasshopper Manufacture

Akira Yamoaka, famous for his musical and directorial contributions to Silent Hill, recently ended his longtime employment at Konami. That publisher's loss is quirky developer Grasshopper Manufacture's gain, as Yamaoka has signed on with Goichi Suda's studio, according to Famitsu. According to 1UP's account of Famitsu's interview with Suda and Yamaoka, the musician will be put to work on the horror game Grasshopper is developing for Electronic Arts, the one headed by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami. (Mikami also has another game in the works, Vanquish for Platinum Games/Sega.)

Yamaoka also indicates that, while his current tasks involve helping Grasshopper on the musical side, he would like to use all of his game production talents at some point. We'd also like that, thank you very much.

Silent Hill Director Joins Grasshopper Manufacture [1UP]

none of suda's horror games make it over here. after his last idea for the wii vitality senor - "make a horror level where players cant escape unless their heart rate is calm enough" etc - i just cant wait to see what comes of this pair. i wanna say he was talking about a project with Mikami (RE director).