Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

WOW!!! Now this is something worth watching. Japanese Spiderman

This video goes out to archangel and MusicManiac. Dick Cheney’s Got A Gun

Back in the day, Fred and Barney were brought to you by the fine folks at Winston. Flintstones Smoking

Did you miss the Oscars? Not to worry, here are the best parts of the whole damn show. John Stewarts At The Oscars

11.jpg

Zack: Forget that quote, here is the most informative quote from that page: "Keith has 0 friends."

Dr. Thorpe: Keith has 0 friends because he looks exactly like a koopa from Super Mario Brothers.

Zack: This is what accountants look like in most of Eastern Europe.

Dr. Thorpe: Prospective friends are intimidated at the prospect that he might touch them, therefore killing them instantly. Either that, or they're waiting to get Blue Yoshi so they can fly if they eat him.

Good Luck Barry, and Thanks for all the Memories Bullshit.

BDD_barry_dd.jpg

Granted, you’d had to have been living in a cave the past eight years to be shocked -- shocked -- to learn that Barry Bonds took illegal (and let’s remember this term kids, it’ll be on the quiz later) steroids starting in 1998, as the forthcoming book, “Game of Shadows” reports in great detail, but this is still a big deal.

No, not for baseball. I think we’ve long realized by now that Donald Fehr heads a much-too-powerful union for Major League Baseball to ever implement any sort of scheduled steroid and HGH testing. And you could argue that the random testing system that is currently in place worked even somewhat last season. It brought down Rafael Palmeiro, who dared to wave his finger at Congress months earlier in refuting his drug use. But this may be the end for Barry Bonds. You have to wonder if even he can staunchly pursue his home run record on a nightly basis now that everybody knows, not highly suspects, what he did.

He cheated. Himself, the fans, the game and its history.

bonds_wheaties_box.jpg

That is, unfortunately, the truth. Not because there is no way to specifically nail him, but because most of the general public doesn’t care.

The one excuse I love is, “But steroids weren’t illegal in baseball.” Great. Neither was brandishing a machete out to left field and threatening the groundskeeper, but you think a court of law might have a problem with that? Attempted murder isn’t in the baseball rulebook as a no-no? Oh, well then it’s fine.

"I won't even look at it. For what? There's no need to," Bonds told the Chronicle yesterday.

Giants pitcher Jason Schmidt also won’t be among those reading.

“Who cares?” he said. “It's so old right now. This is what, the third year of it? You've got to let it rest. If I'm a fan, I'm tired hearing about it. I want to turn the page. It's the same story every day. How many twists can you put on the same story? That's the way I look at it. Let's just play baseball.”

It’s so old. Nice.

Yes, it’s so old that one of baseball’s most hallowed marks has been topped, twice, by cheaters

BDD_sterry_barry.jpg

What’s good for the game now? Bonds needs to walk away. He, nor McGwire or Palmeiro, can ever make the Hall. That’s the final stamp baseball needs on the steroid era. They can asterisk the stats all they want, but they’ll still be there. Cheaters need to pay.

Captain Lunatic: It's time for you to come out of weed heaven and Potville for a second and give me a little informationi, a little Captain Lunatic time!

Bong Boy: Hey, let me down!

Captain Lunatic: Now, what do you know about this missing McMadison girl?

Bong Boy: Oh yeah. Last night I saw her and her husband.

Captain Lunatic: Husband?

Bong Boy: Yeah. He was drunk and his face was all pixilated. Wait a second. That might have been on Cops last night.

Captain Lunatic: You wanna play games, huh? Old Lunatic's got a game for you, called junkie quit hitting yourself!

[makes him hit himself]

Bong Boy: Ahh! Ahh! Make me stop!

Captain Lunatic: I can't make you stop! You're the one doing it!

Bong Boy: Ow! Make me want to stop!

Captain Lunatic: Oh no. What does this look like?

[pretends to steal his nose]

Bong Boy: That's my nose!

Captain Lunatic: I got your damn nose, punk! You ain't ever ever gonna see this nose again!

[swallows his "nose"]

Bong Boy: Ahh! I need one of those.

Captain Lunatic: Aw, God. I could go to hell for this. Get down. Hold the gun.

Bong Boy: Huh?

Captain Lunatic: What does this feel like?

[pretends to crack an egg over his head]

Bong Boy: Ahhh! That's an egg!

Captain Lunatic: That's an egg!

[pretends to break another egg]

Bong Boy: Oh, no!

Captain Lunatic: That's another. That's two friggin' eggs! You look ridiculous!

I wish I could find my fucking Upright Citizen's Brigade dvd's.

Pure class.

From Dictionary.com

crapulous \KRAP-yuh-lus\, adjective:

1. Suffering the effects of, or derived from, or suggestive of

gross intemperance, especially in drinking; as, a crapulous

stomach.

2. Marked by gross intemperance, especially in drinking; as, a

crapulous old [1]reprobate.