Hondo's Bar

Breaking Bad

The NZA

that's probably a 300+ hp sports car with rear wheel drive sliding sideways on the turns. a controlled drift at high speed is very difficult to control.

i still contend that this is not the brightest bunch. especially if they don't know what blue looks like. they are good at killing people. but who knows they might have some ex military in there. they got there pretty fast in their beat up pickup truck.

i doubt they knew who hank was or if they care about killing officers. they were in the way and logically it would be just easier to kill them and take out jesse. are they as smart as to go in, kill jesse and retrieve walt in one shot? highly doubtful, especially if these "cops" arent putting down their weapons.

if the writers make walt and jesse and hank all team up, they are taking the easy way out. and it will be all happy and rainbows will lead them to peace. no, it better not.

being the realist here but

Walt would have lost control of his car at the speed he was flying down the desert. It takes a professional driver to do what you saw last night.

Todd's gang don't seem that bright, so it would have taken them a lot longer to get to gps coordinates. Hell, I don't think anyone on here knows how to use gps coordinates without googling (myself included)

With the firepower that todd's boys had those two dea guys would have been cut down in an instant. realisticly, any cop would know (especially those two with a shotgun and an automatic sidearm) that they were outmatched and were out in the open with no cover when they were first encountered. They had at least 3 assault rifles and an aa12 shotgun, which is pretty much banned everywhere in the US and is $12,000 if I remember correctly. One guy was already aiming with the sights on his assault rifle. They would have been dead already is all im saying.

I kept thinking that Hank would have bullets ripping through him during his phone call.</p>

That gun. I mean...damn.

I'm with Jax. As soon as Hank said I love you to Marie on the phone I was sure he would be dead by the end of that episode. Could be the writers just fucking with us though. Jesse knew full well the Nazi gang would open fire so he's made his escape in the commotion.

As for deaths Gomez is dead for sure. I think we briefly glimpse him getting shot. Not sure if anyone else saw that. Hank maybe but seems too obvious. Jesse, no. He's made a run for it.

Edited by crimsonfire

Lyh4wae.jpg

Fc4x1ce.gif

That thing is an albatross if ever I did see one. Way too expensive ($224, marked down from $299) and it comes in one of those "this will never fit on your shelf" cases. You're saving money if you go by the cover price of the blu-ray sets, but who would pay $66 for a season of TV? Just buy the blu-rays and get you a Chicken Brothers apron off Etsy.

Looks like Saul Goodman's show is really happening!

After months of negotiations that occasionally left fans as ragged as some of the character’s recent combovers, AMC has announced via press release that it's reached a licensing agreement with Sony for a Breaking Bad spinoff centered on Saul Goodman, still tentatively titled Better Call Saul (as though it could be called anything else). That means it’s now one big step closer to getting an actual series order, an announcement that’s surely forthcoming as soon as deals are nailed down with Vince Gilligan, writer-producer Peter Gould, and Bob Odenkirk, and decisions are made about what kind of hairpiece the younger Saul should wear.

For those who were worried that confirmation of a spinoff would be a huge spoiler, don’t worry: As we alluded to, this show will be a prequel series focused on the “evolution” of the Goodman character before he ever got tangled up with Walter White, thus saying nothing either way about the character’s fate on Breaking Bad. (Also, Walt kills everyone before using the ricin to commit suicide, and then Walt Jr. uses his awesome Internet skills to become the new meth kingpin of New Mexico by selling meth waffles online. So that’s how Breaking Bad ends, so now we can all move on.)

Anyway, we now also know for sure that the show will be one-hour, and not the 30-minute comedy that was occasionally rumored. Though, if Vince Gilligan’s earlier remarks are to be believed, it will be more humorous and less “dark” than Breaking Bad, so maybe horrible things only happen once every three episodes.

It seems to me that the only people whose deaths would compel Walt to purchase an assault rifle, change his identity - and stop showering evidently - are anyone in his family (including Hank of course) or Jesse. That's a pretty limited shortlist. The writers have shown they're lateral thinkers so whatever happens, we will NOT see it coming.

A friend of mine suggested that Gomez will end up finishing the case. I'm not so sure Hanks a goner anymore though.

i was saying how, barring an act of god, hank & gomer are so dead...which i figured would push Walt into hiding/his family leaving once his actions did away with his brother in law, right? so kertins points out that he'd not be buying military hardware & going all gordon freeman against feds chasing him...it's gotta be the neo nazis wanting their end of the deal held up. think she might have something there

ps spiffy i negged you for being "that guy"...yes they're horrifically outgunned and wouldve been long dead after that first spray, but it's a show. also, it's not fucking Top Gear, so no one cares about how cars handle you weird Initial D watching bastard

LOL @ official episode description: "Everyone copes with radically changing circumstances."

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

What does it mean? Let's do a run down, for every major character.

WALT - Has to cope with me being the badass mastermind that brought down Hank and ended his servitude to this meth selling kingpin monster, thus freeing him to sell Jesse to....

JESSE - Has to cope with being sold into meth making slavery by Walt to the Nazi's

SKYLAR - Has to cope with the fact that she fucked Ted and has been repressing her guilt at destroying Walt's life

HANK - Has to cope with the bullet that has lodged in skull and splattered brain matter all over the desert

GOMIE - See above

SAUL - Has to cope with a spin-off series

HUELL - Has to cope with being left in some safehouse. Alone. Forever.

MARIE - Has to cope with the fact that her husband can't bail her out of her latest kleptomaniac episode due to death by firing squad

TODD - Has to cope with Lydia's rejection when their date goes all wrong when he shows her his collection of cups with her lipstick on them

LYDIA - Has to cope with, well, with just being Lydia

WALT JR. - Has to cope with the fact that his favourite cereal is sold out at the local supermarket. Which is b-b-bullshit.

tumblr_mr6sfaduDK1qmej1mo1_500.gif

yHkpBOO.gif

...goddamn, that was exhausting. it's all over now.

1) Hank's exit was masterful. pushed Walt into a corner of true helplessness - his words & money couldn't fix things - and he said exactly what i was thinking. the whole thing was just...damn.

2) turning Jesse in for torture + death, and his confession there...it's not just villainy, its the depth of his megalomania. Walt really thought "beating" (surviving) Tuco & others, outsmarting Gus etc made him an untouchable don. the "you're damn right" was practically iconic; he blames Jesse for what just happened because he can't even consider the possibility that this came about because of him. the cognitive dissonance & its cracks are just brutal, leading to

3) the conversation with Skylar - he really thought his family would go along, no questions asked, and that no one was owed the truth. of course he was gonna send holly back, but he had to get in some more emotional manipulation, however hollow, just to control something for a moment.

on the family note: points again to panch for highlighting the show's love for toying with cliches...how tense was watching walt, sklyar & almost jr fumbling with a dangerous knife, just to have nothing happen? i can't remember the last time a single episode of anything made me hold my breath for so many spurts.

so now we get nothing left to lose Freeman-Hank, and something to point the season opening's hardware at. this is gearing up to be the most brutal ending since the Shield, for me. however self-indulgent, the ep's intro flashback/cheesy transition to the present really drove home this actual crossing the rubicon moment after so many seasons of you thinking it was already being crossed...nothing quite like finally having the rug pulled out from under you when you'd felt it'd happened a few times before & somehow didn't think it was actually happening.