Hondo's Bar

Breaking Bad

The NZA

Almost all of that occurs after she's becoming likeable again. In fact most of her horrible moments happen before she finds out he's making meth. If she would have confronted him early on like she does when he finally confesses she might have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Hell, once she starts finding out details she just seems even more into him. That's the point of breaking bad, almost everybody is horrible in some way. Walt is prideful, skyler's manipulative, Marie's a kleptomaniac attention whore, hank is a racist they're all in love with dying and they're doing it in texas

Skyler's actions are understandable to a point but she takes being horrible like Walt takes to crime which speaks tons about the person she is beneath the surface.

Lori and Andrea are just terrible selfish people. (no one is worse than Janet Gavin, though.)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

T-Dawg was pretty fucking obnoxious, and yes I'm setting aside the blazing resentment that he wasn't Tyreese and assessing him purely on his own merit.

Did anyone else see and possibly shack my last post here about rewatching the series and what a sterling cunt Marie is? That was one of my finest fucking moments and admittedly all you guys would have read was blahblahcuntblahsomething I'm a little disappointed that it either took place in my own head or simply didn't hit 'post' the requisite number of times.

Anyway, on Season 5 of my rewatch and Marie is still just the worst fucking thing to take up real estate on a TV screen. Ross makes a fine advocacy for Skylar, but by the same token some actions were needlessly cuntish. Marie though. My fucking god Marie. The worst.

My fucking god Marie. The worst.

Her kleptomania is an interesting character trait, and in that great scene where the realtor straight up ripped her purse out from her w/ all the stolen goods from the open house I felt a moment of real sympathy for Marie. And she did become more likable in taking care of an infirmed Hank. Yet, you're so right. She's a harpie. Woe to the father that had to live in that house w/ Skylar & Marie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I actually do feel for Walt...my uncle is a brilliant man who reminds me a great deal of Walt. He's a microbiologist/chemist with two degrees and the man is selling vacuum cleaners because he can't get a job. Could he make meth? Sure could! Though, his speciality is food stuffs. Think non-nutritive food coating. Point though: I feel for Walt. What this is is a more in depth Scarface. We have a relatively mild-mannered individual that because of desperate circumstances becomes someone we should hate, but instead our heart tends to go out to him because we have witnessed it all.

If she would have confronted him early on like she does when he finally confesses she might have saved everyone a lot of trouble

I agree. She should have given him the ultimatum some much sooner. Also...what wife wouldn't? I found it strange that it went on as long as it did. I really don't know any woman/wife/girlfriend that would deal with evasiveness for long. Bitches be nosey. And the cheating...ergh...that was sadly a very vindictive, believable thing that did not endear her. She had so many more weapons at her disposal.

Edited by FireDownBelow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My prediction for the finale that won't happen:

Walt is killed, gunned down. But BUT, in a quick, before the credits tease, we see the back of Heisenberg, his hat, bald head. But just the back. He is making a drug deal with a crime boss. "What's your name?" asks the crime boss. The camera, slowly pans around the black clad figure when it reveals OMG HANK'S FACE. "Heisenberg" cut to black. credits. fin.

I can't see whatever it is you poasted since I am at work, or I might respond...but let me say this:

I no longer have any sympathy for Walt. At first I understood the motivation of death but then it became about pride. His story is anagalous to Scarface or any other empire builder. He's left blood and death in his wake. I really find him contemptible now.

I don't think i have loved/hated such a character before in my life.