Hondo's Bar

Breaking Bad

The NZA

It seems like with each season, it keeps getting less and less grounded (in a good way). You have that perfect plane crash, Lost style over Walt's house just by chance, Walt plowing over Gus's guys in one on of the most exciting scenes in the show, then Gus walking out of a room with his face blown off while he adjusts his tie. It's getting crazier and crazier and I wouldn't rule out Heisenberg going out like Scarface, bigger than Scarface. That said, I really think it'll be smarter about how it plays out in the end. I've heard talks of a movie when the show's over so Walt may come out of this alive as I'm still kinda rooting for him. Kinda.

Regarding the S5E8 "Oh Shit!" moment and the "flashforward" w/ Walt in S5E1, the show's creator commented on it in one of the behind the scenes vids on the AMC website. Possible spoilers for the rest of S5 . . .

Some people on the Net have speculated that Walt's admission to Skylar that he was "out" of the meth business was just another WW manipulation/ploy. However, the show's creator implied that Walt looking on that storage locker full of cash was a legit moment of satisfaction and WW would indeed be quitting the meth biz.

It seems the rest of S5 will center around Hank vs Walt and how all that will go down. I'm assuming it's not drug dealers but the cops that are coming for Walt, and that's why he needs the Scarface gear in the "52" flashforward. He's gonna go out w/ a bang.

Or maybe Walt will be able to convince Hank after an episode or two to not pursue Heisenberg anymore. After all, Walt's drug money paid for Hank's PT rehab, and it would NOT bode well for Hnak's career or freedom if his brother-in-law was revealed to be the criminal mastermind Hank built his career on. So maybe it is drug dealers or Lydia coming after Walt. Sucks we gotta wait until 2013 to find out.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

yeah, good points. haku's take seems more plausible to me right now.

KjjsY.png

I didn't buy it either, but he's tying up some loose ends so maybe he is trying to leave? one of the pics i just posted back there made it look like he's sitting on north of 25 million, goddamn

...*edit FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

more stuff - onion article

Hotrnl.png

WSTvu.jpg

Yeah, I see that spoiler as a real possibility. Walt could give that speech to Hank but then the cost of his freedom would be exile, hence his move up North. That's really plausible.

And you earned your +1 w/ the Aaron Paul "prequel" tweet and that GOT comment. Well played.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I'm not ruling out Jesse trying to go after Walt either. Between him poisoning that kid and killing Mike, Jesse has got to find out eventually.

at this point, sure...Walt cant seem to keep a secret to save his life. before the mid-season finale id've said he only runs his mouth when drunk/drugged/etc, which is still the only way Jessie'd find out...unless Walt's ego flares up and he says something really, really dumb.

i mean, literally - there's no viable way i can think of that Jessie'd sort out either his druggie chick dying or the poisoning was Walt. Mike on the other hand...i liked how, after hearing about the prisoners, Jessie had a gun ready on Walt, and was clearly shook. that bit...if he digs deeper, he might put 2 and 2 together.

Yeah, all three of those fan tribute/recaps were great, but you're right about the first being platinum to the other two's gold. It reminded me of just how good that first season was, of how far Walt's come and how much his motives have changed. I still think it's crazy all five seasons thus far have spanned only about 1.5 years in "story time."

YESYESYESYESYES.

That poster alone makes me wanna go back and watch it all form the beginning. It puts Hank in a whole new light, I mean we kinda knew this is what it was leading up to, but now you know, he's changed also. He went from this goofy ass cop, to this goofy ass cop who is also a major badass. Real life (well closest to real life) versions of the makings of a supervillain/hero. Still kinda rooting for Walt though.

So, I just finished watching S05E08 (not including the time I took to read all 11 pages of this thread). This show deserves all the hype it gets. Bryan Cranston has been given a role that every actor that cares about their craft dreams of. And Aaron Paul has impressed several times in this series in ways I wasn't expecting based on the early episodes. I still think the plane crash feels out of place and shoe horned in, but that is really the only thing I've feel that way about.

Aw, I like that the donate link goes to the National Cancer Coalition.

Anyway, I don't think this has been discussed much, so...the big question: Who thinks Walt dies at the end of this season?

Smaller question:

During his 52nd birthday flash forward at the beginning of season 5, who was already dead? Hank? Walt Jr? Skylar? Jesse?

you're a monster for wishing death on Walt Jr

id sooner bet on Hank's death being what pushes Walt to get that heavy artillery or something - and no way Jesse bites it till the finale, if then...man id be shocked if it went down otherwise

ps while i appreciate what that half life comic was going for, it's atrocious in its execution