Hondo's Bar

Breaking Bad

The NZA

+1 to DoJ's comment on Jessie, and panch's first spoiler of the page was exactly mine/sen's thoughts at that moment too.

this is the best show on TV right now, might be the best thing since the Wire. 2 eps left in the season, and im inviting myself to panch & cathy's for the mid-season's finale, cause holy shit

after that glimpse in season 1, we know where walt's going (possibly to war with this rival faction?), but who's going with him? is he buying artillery up north on his own, without jessie and mike (assuming the latter yet lives), or is he stationed & living up there without his family? FUCK i have to know

ps this writer is so goddamn good with the subtlety. since early on, the one dangling plotline i wanted filled in was Grey Matter, and Walt basically fills in the only blanks - not in a dramatic flashback, but a bit've shared character info on why he's not letting go of this empire despite the danger. you don't agree with it, but shit finally clicks/makes sense and it's fucking compelling for me - "I sold my son's birthright for a few month's rent...that won't happen again."

+1 to DoJ's comment on Jessie, and panch's first spoiler of the page was exactly mine/sen's thoughts at that moment too.

this is the best show on TV right now, might be the best thing since the Wire. 2 eps left in the season, and im inviting myself to panch & cathy's for the mid-season's finale, cause holy shit

after that glimpse in season 1, we know where walt's going (possibly to war with this rival faction?), but who's going with him? is he buying artillery up north on his own, without jessie and mike (assuming the latter yet lives), or is he stationed & living up there without his family? FUCK i have to know

ps this writer is so goddamn good with the subtlety. since early on, the one dangling plotline i wanted filled in was Grey Matter, and Walt basically fills in the only blanks - not in a dramatic flashback, but a bit've shared character info on why he's not letting go of this empire despite the danger. you don't agree with it, but shit finally clicks/makes sense and it's fucking compelling for me - "I sold my son's birthright for a few month's rent...that won't happen again."

Agreed on Walt's explanation about his meth motives...

...which was a question that was in the back of my mind since since the series pilot. There was a lot inferred in S1 about his break from his millionaire (now we know BILLIONAIRE) friends but this is the first we know about it factually. I got from his implication that it was the woman that broke 'em up. I can see hothead Walt saying "FUCK U!" and storming off if his roommate stole his girl or the girl he liked/loved unrequitedly.

Anyway, masterful episode. The awkwardness at dinner was beautiful. And I wonder if he'll even get his empire up and going before he implodes Tony Montana style?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Say hello to my little firend!

S5E8: Gliding Over All

Sweet baby Moses on the river, that episode was magnificent. How do they top this? I mean, seriously. Give Cranston the Emmy now. Also, normally I'm not a big montage fan, but this episode had two of the best montage sequences in recent memory.

And that last scene of Hank on the toilet--the throne of revelation--was priceless. And what did y'all make of the fly motif? Walt was now a fly in a trap of his own making perhaps?

And how about that cancer check up--did Skylar get her wish? We know he makes it to 52 at least...

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

HOLY FUCK. All caught up!

Jesus Christ that ending. Fucking took Hank long enough!d

Can't help but feel bad for Jesse. Getting shit on the whole series pretty much, and the way Walt's been manipulating him is fucked up. Glad they kept him on though, I read they wanted him dead in season 1.

Sucks big time about Mike. He ended up being my favorite character up there til the end.

Also, fuck that new punk.

uWzLx.gif

damn, what a cliffhanger. @ your last image, axels -

i think that's the show in general, not just walt. you cant put tortuga, mexican don etc on walt right?

@ the book - cant believe walt left it there. kertins & i are stumped though: i remember the book at the scene of Gail's death, and i remember Schroeder reading copies of it - how did Walt get the original? keeping it in general seems particularly dumb though.

iJ7rIsSSHnovG.jpg

ihfLQ5YhmB7tI.jpg

wkli7.jpg

Dqrks.jpg

tumblr_m9yk6a28DF1qie0ivo1_1280.jpg

ibxqREB73ZL8Dq.png

ps

NypMT.jpg

Yeah I think you're right about the poster. The majority of those certainly can be tied back to Walt, but some of them definitely reach. I thought that Jane's dad would be on there, but I guess he didn't die from his attempted suicide?

As for the book I don't think that's what he saw at Gale's murder scene, I think it was another Whitman poem written in his notes, and Gale was just referencing Walt in both instances. Still dumb of Walt to leave that shit lying around like you said.

I had to read up on it, but it took me forever to finally realize his Denny's birthday wasn't a flashback. Shit's gonna get really interesting.

damn, what a cliffhanger. @ your last image, axels -

i think that's the show in general, not just walt. you cant put tortuga, mexican don etc on walt right?

@ the book - cant believe walt left it there. kertins & i are stumped though: i remember the book at the scene of Gail's death, and i remember Schroeder reading copies of it - how did Walt get the original? keeping it in general seems particularly dumb though.

Nah, you're confusing things about the book...

Hank first saw the initials "W.W." in Gale's crush journal notebook about his time w/ Walt. It was the notebook he kept all hsi notes on Walt's formula and stuff. The cops found that notebook in Gale's apartment and the initials "W.W." were all over it. That's how Hank first came across those initials.

In the most recent episode, Hank sees the initials in the copy of Whitman's Leaves of Grass, which Gale gave to Walt w/ the inscription. He puts the two togehter and literally has an "OH SHIT!" moment.

ahhhhhhhhhhh....right right right, thanks guys. i just marathoned this and totally forgot those were 2 different books/notebooks.

axles - yeah i guess i took that S05 intro (denny's b-day) like early cuts the show did, showing Walt, shaved head with a sack of Tuco's money in a bad neighborhood, long before he blew that shit up, like "how the fuck...?" so i took it like shit's gonna get real when Walt is working out of state and needing heavy artillery for something

so now - assuming Walt doesnt just slide through this shit like "I GUESS GAIL JUST ADMIRED MY TEACHING/GREY MATTER PATTENS LOL" are ya'll hedging your bets on Walt solo up north buying something to take out rivals, or what? kertins things some 5 star GTA shit like he needs to fight his way to the border or something, but i just cant see the show going No More Heroes like that. i gotta know what hair-having walt needs an M60 and shit for!!

*edit FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1OqO4.png

m94cK.gif

more stuff - onion article

1kKz9.jpg

gCHfs.gif

Hotrnl.png

WSTvu.jpg

iNkEMOH5Jmxyf.png

• Upvote 2