Hondo's Bar

Breaking Bad

The NZA

Jesse's not good. That's why it's botherin me that he's being so whiney about Brock. Dude has done, cooked and sold meth for years. He's killed a person. Covered up killings. Come on, now you have a conscious?

Sure, now you want to turn your life around? Cool. Pissed Mr. White has been manipulating you? Just kill him, snitch or get over it.

A good episode, but not quite as "full throttle" as the previous three. . .

The ending to the episode was indeed a big moment for Walt, but foreseeable. And for a brief moment there at Hank's dinner table I thought Hank was going to talk Jesse out of turning on Walt when Hank was explaining the only reason Jesse is still alive is that Walt loves him. I think Walt has come to look upon Jesse as his--well, "son" is too strong (or wrong) of a word, but his legacy in many ways. Walt sees his meth as his greatest creation and the only way that lives on is through Jesse. And that makes Jesse precious to Walt. Todd was taught the cook but never perfected it, never got the cook to true Heisenberg quality.

I was thinking back to the episode and remembering Walt's and Walter Jr's emotional scene. Walt is a fucking dick. They have this amazing moment where his son is terrified about loosing his dad and all Walt can think to do is call Jesse. Of everything Walt's done, THAT is the moment that makes me want him to end up dead.

#daddyissues

• Downvote 1

RIP in peace Jesse, big-head Todd & the goon squad are moving AS WE SPEAK

also it was nice seeing none of Walt's family believe him, wondeirng how much longer we have till gordon freeman walt kicks in

ps anyone else got a feeling that Hank's buddy might hijack the case?

Knew Hank and Jesse would end up in cahoots sooner or later. I'm totally rooting for them at this stage. Walt can go to hell. Skylar is becoming more "mob wife" with each episode too heh. My moneys on Hank getting what he needs and the Heisenbergs hightailing it into hiding.

Edited by crimsonfire

Jesse's not good. That's why it's botherin me that he's being so whiney about Brock. Dude has done, cooked and sold meth for years. He's killed a person. Covered up killings. Come on, now you have a conscious?

Sure, now you want to turn your life around? Cool. Pissed Mr. White has been manipulating you? Just kill him, snitch or get over it.

<p>Nah, Jesse made some bad decisions, negatively impacted a lot of lives, but he was never a stone cold killer. Killing Gale fucked him up. He never would have done if not for Walter. </p><p><br></p><p></p>

In other news

159-1.jpg

Renewed Calls For ‘The Wire’ Repeats Following Surge in Pompous Breaking Bad Fans

BY COLM WILLIAMSON · AUGUST 13, 2013 ENTERTAINMENT ·

mcnulty-.jpg

THE NATIONS television viewers have called for reruns of the television drama ‘The Wire’ following a massive surge in pompous Breaking Bad fans this week, it has emerged today.

Thousands of people flooded national broadcasters with requests to repeat the popular TV show, in a bid to quell the tide of bullshit surrounding the final season of BB.

“I’m just sick of it now.” said TV boffin, Michael Clancy. “I think RTE or TG4 really need to step in here and air the wire, just to balance out the scales a bit.”

Mr. Clancy pointed out that The Wire fans were nowhere near as pompous as `the current generation of television drama cultists’.

“The Wire fans are more secretive when it comes to pitching the show.” he added. “They keep to themselves and only bring up the program in conversation when asked.”

“The McNulty’s are definitely less throat cramming than the Walter Whites.”

Meanwhile, the internet is said to be currently saturated with Breaking Bad parodies and comical memes relating to the Vince Gilligan finale.

“Aw man, there is so much cool Breaking B stuff floating about the last month.” said long fan of the show Gerry Maher. “Its just a shame that all these newbies have jumped on the band wagon.”

“I’m just glad I can say that I watched it from there from the start dawg!”

He did it to save someone's life though. From the beginning it's shown consistently that Walter only protects those that are a use to them, and I think Hank recently nailed why Jesse is "special" to Walter. Just look at the first real major kill each character has done, Jesse kills Gale to save Walter's life, Walter can't bring himself to kill Crazy 8 until the man is an actual physical threat to him. Jesse kills someone who poses no threat to him to save Walter, Walter kills someone only when his life is threatened. The only time Jesses was ever earnest about killing was when it was to get revenge for the death of a child. Jesse isn't meant to be squeaky clean but his character is shown to be the only one of the two leads who has any chance at redemption.

I don't disagree with that, but Jesse has become this kid with major mood swings. One minute he's catatonic, the next flying off the handle and finally all clear and shit. Dude knows what the fuck the deal is. Why is he making it so much more difficult? Get outta town, kill Walter White or get over it all. I don't dislike Jesse, he's just become Skylar from a couple seasons ago.

Jesse has done bad things but its obvious he doesn't have the same ability to cope as Walt does. Walt justified every killing as protecting his family then protecting himself and finally protecting his empire. Jesse just throws a guilt-ridden shit fit, does lots of drugs and/or cries. Perhaps it's Walts calculating nature or the fact he's older and more jaded but he doesn't feel a damn shred of remorse while Jesse is only a hairs breadth from cranking up the My Chemical Romance and posting moody black and white close-ups on Tumblr.

Ergo Jesse is a shitty person but one who deep down wants to be decent. Walt is past giving a fuck. Even when being ruthless to protect his kids you can tell he takes pleasure in it on some level.

Hank is dead.

I wouldn't count Hank out just yet. Todd's uncle's gang can apparently make short work of a bunch of drug dealers but a fat, bald cop seemed to be a real problem for them. I can't wait to see how this all plays out next week.

Now I'm thinking that machine gun from S5E1 was for Todd and/or Todd's uncle.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Seems like these machine gun toting neo-nazis are playing with their food like great white sharks often do with seals. I think that this hubris will be the reason Walt and friends make it out alive. Not without casualties, though. I say Gomez bites the big one.

And I agree that the enemy has shifted to Todd's crew. And future Walt is strappin up in prep for them.

being the realist here but

Walt would have lost control of his car at the speed he was flying down the desert. It takes a professional driver to do what you saw last night.

Todd's gang don't seem that bright, so it would have taken them a lot longer to get to gps coordinates. Hell, I don't think anyone on here knows how to use gps coordinates without googling (myself included)

With the firepower that todd's boys had those two dea guys would have been cut down in an instant. realisticly, any cop would know (especially those two with a shotgun and an automatic sidearm) that they were outmatched and were out in the open with no cover when they were first encountered. They had at least 3 assault rifles and an aa12 shotgun, which is pretty much banned everywhere in the US and is $12,000 if I remember correctly. One guy was already aiming with the sights on his assault rifle. They would have been dead already is all im saying.

I kept thinking that Hank would have bullets ripping through him during his phone call.</p>

Edited by spiffytee
  • Downvote 1

First. Professional driver? No. Experienced driver? Sure. I've driven in the desert when stationed overseas and it's not as bad as you think. Snow is worse.

Second. Todd's gang not bright? No. They're assassins. Granted, not the suit wearing or ninja kind, but they've made a pretty good living for themselves as hired guns. Just because they're brutish doesn't mean they're dumb. They're hired killers and older, I'm sure they know coordinates. Some might even be ex-military. Also, Todd's lack of tact doesn't make him dumb, either. Dude learned to cook crystal meth from scratch and has been the best since Walt "retired". Also, he was smart enough to "see" blue in his cook cause he knows his uncle is nuts.

Lastly. I meantioned in my last post that these guys were playing with Hank and Gomez. Intentionally not sending kill shots because they're arrogant. They know they have the numbers. They know they have this fight won. The fact that they were told to stay away, but came anyway shows they're trigger happy.

Lyh4wae.jpg

It's packaged in a black plastic barrel emblazoned with the show's logo, and includes "over 55 hours of special features from all seasons." In addition, if you've ever desire a Los Pollos Hermanos apron but couldn't find one on Etsy, this belong on your wish list. (There's also something called a "commemorative challenge coin designed by Vince Gilligan," but I don't know what that means.)

Fc4x1ce.gif