Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

• 1 month later...

So for anyone not wanting to have post credits Captain America ruined, do not click.

There isn't just an easter egg, folks. There's a full goddamned TRAILER for The Avengers. Seen here in shaky handheld footage.

<object width="450" height="308"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42722"></param><param'>http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42722"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42722" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="308" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Possible super massive spoilers await. This is footage from a cancelled Avengers game, and it MAY reveal the antagonist, or it may just be what they gave the devs to work with. Fair warning. If it's been removed by the time you watch this, just search "cancelled avengers game" on youtube and sort by most recent. They're dropping like flies, but they go up constantly and it takes a bit to remove them.

What really gets me is that appears to be a 4 player co-op first person Avengers game, and it looks pretty badass (considering it's a really early build).

Why cancel this? Surely they aren't afraid of harming their pristine track record of licensed games based on movies. Do they suddenly care if a game is bad? No way. Something else must have been afoot.

Saw this on Kotaku too and agreed, a first person Avengers game would be so good. The footage I saw didn't have enough Cap or Hawkeye for my liking, but given how RPG-ish it looks Hulk would probably be my character of choice based on playstyle anyways.

And re possible spoilers- Anyone who's seen Thor or Cap's up to speed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Widow's hair got shorter and Thor's got longer. :pinch: And the guy from topless robot so nailed it--Mark Ruffaloo is totally doing "Blue Steel" down there in the bottom right.

avengersentertainmentweeklycover.jpg

New Cap outfit is less cool than in his film. If no broke why you try an' fix Marvel? :uhm:

Ah, to make a new action figure. That's it!

ewavengersstill1.jpg

I'm sure there will be piles of Skrull bodies on the green screen when the film is finished.

ewavengersstill2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

THATS NOT WHAT STEVE WAS ASKIN YOU, TONY :2T:

oh god its gonna be so hard going on a media blackout on this thing. this looks so amazing. i dont even know if lokie's leading the kree/skrulls or what they're up against but fuck it, hurry up may.

ps its so weird that i could only find a few shots from it.

quicktimeplayer2011-10mc9a.jpg

quicktimeplayer2011-10uch7.jpg

iZsJvYmiR42YF.gif

also, cap training for civil war

ibwhnTjID8Ags.gif

oh.Mah.GAH.

That trailer was outstanding. Thor looks ridiculous (get a haircut and put on a shirt w/ sleeves, hippy), Scar Jo's wig is second only to Halle Berry's first Storm wig in awful, and yet the trailer still kicks wholesale ass. RDJ looks as if he's going to own this movie. Sorry Favs, but Iron Man 3 can't get here fast enough.

Sorry, what was that? I was too busy looking at these to drool over a hot chick in a bad wig. . .

I was gonna change the link to the pictures of hot guys thread and say "edited for truth" but then the link just uploaded to a bunch of chubby goth chicks with red highlights and crappy tattoos and I just can't top that.

Also I'm pretty sure it's not a wig. It kinda looks like her regular hair except... red.