Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

I also think the Tim Roth sequence at the university in the last Hulk movie was more badass and like Captain America than almost everything that was in the Captain America movie. I hope we get something along those lines this time around.

Amen! There was lots of good in that last Hulk movie. Lets see more o' that!!

(I just hate the Kirby brow...)

costume's gonna work, let it go. Logan's don't know about no caps but if he/one of ya'll could link to the scene he's talking about as a refresher, that'd be alright too.

was that dragon-like thing at the end supposed to be a kree/skrull warship? anyway, april can't come fast enough.

The worse part is that it looked (in my opinion) so much cooler than it had any right to look in his own flick. I thought "Wow, they actually took a red, white and blue American flag costume and made it look almost practical and not laughable in live action! What a triumph for Marvel to have one of their star characters overcome one of his biggest challenges to making the leap to the big screen!" And having already scaled that mountain, they just leapt off the cliffside and threw all the hard work away. Regardless, the trailer looks good.

Johansson is featured more heavy in this trailer than the first. I wonder if that's because they've trying to appeal more to females now that it seems fair to say that a considerable number of males are pot-committed and are definitely on board to see this opening weekend, or is her greater presence in the trailer reflective of her having a bigger role in this flick than we thought? Whedon has a history of not marginalizing female characters in an ensemble casts to one-dimensional second banana roles, and he did write the screenplay as well as co-write the story, so there is good reason to believe his influence will be felt in the film, even though Marvel would obviously not hand him over complete control of a project this big and this important and this long in the work, especially when his record of actual financial success is not great, regardless of his fanboy cred. Thoughts?

I still can't believe that Marvel gave the reins to a project THIS HUGE to Whedon when you look at his financial record. Yay for Marvel, yay for Whedon, yay for us, let's hope it pays off!

It makes me wonder how much creative flexibility he was actually given, and how much came from the top. You don't get complete creative control over a franchise film unless you're a Spielberg, Lucas, Cameron. On a smaller properties, a Bay, Verbinski, Jackson, Nolan might get complete control and final cut (Nickelodeon wanted a big name to helm The Last Airbender so much, they gave final cut to Shyamalan, and that was clearly a mistake).

Re: New Cap Costume

You're right, Jax. The basic problem w/ the new costume is that it looks too much like a damn costume. The costume in the movie was much more functional and mor elike a tricked out uniform, which really suits the character.

And while we're on costume changes, not too crazy about sleeveless Hawkeye and Thor. Yet Black Widow is totally covered. Huh. It's almost like Joss Whedon knew this was gonna happen...

So since we don't have Wasp, Black Widow is the only female character, and Whedon likes the ladies, does that mean I have to rule out a scene where she's straddling Tony and turns into a Skrull? Or murders Hawkeye's family? Or both?

Probably, huh? Curses.

throwin these up for folks that missed them or haven't checked them out yet.

/><a href="
target="_blank">The Consultant (Marvel short film)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Flixgr" target="_blank">Flixgr</a></i>

Whedon was at SxSW this weekend and emphatically stated that the aliens in the film aren't Skrulls or Kree, and that there are no references to his other work in the film. Which blows my backup Breakworlders theory.

I'm a bit surprised they've been able to keep it under wraps this far out.

Wow, considering the leaked, behind the scenes photo with the alien guns, I thought it was, like, practically confirmed that it was either skulls or kree, considering this a Marvel Studios movie, not made by a Fox or Sony or New Line, whom sometimes seem to treat the comics canon as a jumping-off point or a suggestion. The Marvel Studios movies have seemed to want to honor the comics' legacy.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Whedon was at SxSW this weekend and emphatically stated that the aliens in the film aren't Skrulls or Kree, and that there are no references to his other work in the film. Which blows my backup Breakworlders theory.

I'm a bit surprised they've been able to keep it under wraps this far out.

Either he's pulling a Micheal Bay and just flat out lying to keep his film spoiler-free or Marvel has already leased the rights to the Kree and Skrulls to another studio like they did the FF & X-Verse. Or, and this is quite possible, Marvel wants to intro a new race for the Avenger films and save Skrulls/Kree for the inevitable Marvel Film-verse re-boot in 5-10 years...

We need to recall that this is Joss Whedon, the guy who purposely leaked false casting and storyline information on Cabin in the Woods to keep the plot more mysterious.

Do we really need to recall anything about Cabin In the Woods? So you're leaning more towards the denial is a tactic to, "Keep it secret. Keep it safe."