Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

Is Hawkeye from The Avengers the world’s worst archer? No. Hawkeye is a badass. A more appropriate title would be "Does Jeremy Renner Know What The Hell He's Doing?" to which the answer is clearly "Not really". Just thought it was interesting.

Since I've taken up archery I've listened to a lot of people chat about what they've seen of Clint and what they think about his skills. The best one I've heard so far is from my archery partner who said: "Hawkeye is going to look like people THINK archers look like, and when you're making the Avengers that's all that matters."

I think that's a pretty solid statement. Most people have an inaccurate perception as to how archers look and act, blame Hollywood.

tumblr_m1tj563qIH1qb86cao1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1tj563qIH1qb86cao2_500.jpg

That being said, with Thanos being my favorite baddie ever, I will ejaculate on the person in front of me in the movie theater if he shows up.

Edited by Bindusara

Man, they need an Infinity Gauntlet movie with every marvel movie character somewhere at some point. Plot cohesion be damned. Blade, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Howard the fuckin' DUCK.

Hell, none of those would be an issue forma live action film as Marvel owns the film rights to them all. We'd be missing Spidey, Xavier's bunch, and the FF though. One day if we're lucky though we'll maybe a straight to video animated feature length version.

That being said, with Thanos being my favorite baddie ever, I will ejaculate on the person in front of me in the movie theater if he shows up.

Silly, Bindy. You act as if we don't know you always ejaculate on the person in front of you in the theater.

Hell, none of those would be an issue forma live action film as Marvel owns the film rights to them all.

When did Fox lose the rights to Daredevil and when did Sony lose the rights to Ghost Rider? I know Punisher and Blade are now under Marvel Studios' control, and frankly I have no idea about who owns the rights to Howard the Duck on celuloid.

I would seriously be psyched for a Daredevil reboot on par with Marvel Studios' quality of work so far.

Edited by Reverend Jax

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm here for The Hulk. I'm living in fear that he will get very little screen time.

I think it was me and Jax on the first page that were suggesting that they were likely to do an Avatar type mocap thing with Ruffalo, and that his Hulkish face may be part of the reason he was cast. I believe it was NZA who scoffed at the notion, because Banner and Hulk never needed to look alike before (when, really, they probably kinda should).

If there was ever any doubt:

IbjAY.jpg

I like the Avengers one best.

The following is speaking purely on aesthetics.

2008 Hulk had his moments, but it was inconsistent. By and large, he was too slim. He had lots of veins with tight, rippling musculature. I want Hulk to be a comically big bulky monster. 2008 Hulk was mostly just really tall and too Liefeldian for my tastes.

2003 Hulk got the proportions better, but he was too pretty. The face seemed out of place, like there was too much focus on making sure he was a sympathetic character to the audience. There were parts of that movie that really nailed the movement, namely the giant leaps with arms flailing wildly (the Ultimate Destruction game did it better though).

I pulled this from TMZ (?!?), not as good as ASC's pics, but here it is anyway

KNhhg.jpg

Figure 1 really seems to have the best of all the others (except he doesn't have Ferigno's fabulous hair). I like the shade too. The 2008 Hulk in figure 2 also seems larger than almost every appearance he had in the movie. I guess we can nail this on his mass changing in proportion to rage (and he certainly isn't consistent in comics either), but it's probably just clumsiness.

Agreed on your comments about 2003 Hulk, Logan. And seeing them all like that together, I never realized how similar the Ang Lee Hulk's shade of green was to the TV series. I like the coloring a lot less compared to Avengers Hulk.

Speaking of which, why was Lou F. not the model for CGI Avengers Hulk? Blow up proportions on Lou's body then combine Ruffalo and Lou's face and slap it on for uber-fanboy-Hulk. What am I talking about--I'm sure there's a .gif of that exact thing already on the Net. Logans, NZA: make me proud.