Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

• 2 months later...

So Marvel has released a teaser to its Super Bowl trailer.

I find it interesting that the panning shot we saw in the first trailer now has CGI flying shooter things flying overhead, which admittedly makes the scene make more sense, I just think it's were they included a scene like that without the CGI in the first trailer. I guess that thought it was strong with or without the CGI.

Looking good. RDJ is going to steal the show.

I still wish they'd keep the muted blue costume for Cap from his movie last year. I think the hood looks silly too, but I could forgive it if the blues weren't so carttony bright.

This

Captain-America_510.jpg

is so much better than this

0816-chris-evans-captain-america-avengers-16-435x580.jpg

Edited by Reverend Jax

So, since Jax and Logans are stating the obvious (Cap movie costume > Avengers costume, Hawkeye < Most Every Other Avenger) I'll join in as well: looks like Loki is commanding an army of aliens: couldn't really tell if they were Skrulls, but they did look green and have on armor that seemed to resemble Skrull armor--at least what I could see from the paused second or so they appeared in the extended SB ad.

I don't get your 'Superbowels' so didn't get to see said teaser. Newt's gif excites me a little though.

*edit: I am also retard. Didn't see Axel's post somehow. Can't tell if those beings are Chitauri or something Asgardian(armour looks needlessly embellished)- I posit that they're somehow going to work the Skrulls/Chitauri into Asgardian mythology somehow, and this is how the God of Mischief commands or allies himself with an army of shapeshifters.

Also- A -1 isn't good enough for you, Loggins.

iamdisappoing230wl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by The JZA

Hawkeye < Most Every Other Avenger

iz6JdhzEIGVkd.gif

you guys don't read Avengers, right? that's the only way you're reaching this conclusion.

but you're a animated/movie-bats fan, and logans is like the only fan of Iceman, so it's not like you both don't have precedent for cutting slack to a team's weaker characters.

fair, but even in Ultimates the WW II cap costume was a bit sharper, i thought.

hopefully it transfers better on film?

Yes, I am aware that Cap's costume changes from WWII to modern-era in Ultimates, that doesn't justify this aesthetic choice. It looks like a Halloween costume. I looks better in other stills we've seen where it's dirtied up a bit, presumably from expositions and such, but it still gets 3.7 out of 10 bat-nipples for a costume I couldn't take seriously. Shaq's Steel outfit looks cooler than this thing.

As for Clint Barton, it's easy for a second-tier character's personality to get lost in all the madness that should be going on in this movie, and if his personality doesn't come though, then yeah, Hawkeye's powers don't really stand out in this crowd. We got no sense of his personality being translated over in Thor (because he was there for like 10 seconds) nor have we seen it in any teasers or trailers. Fortunately, Joss Whedon is good at developing distinct characters in large ensemble casts (Buffy, Firefly, presumably Angel, hardly watched any of it, even Dr. Horrible), but the pacing of TV makes that easier to do. I could so see Hawkeye having little to no distinct personality in this kind of huge event movie, in which case it would have been a waste.

Shaq's Steel outfit looks cooler than this thing.

Oh come one, now. Yes it's bright but that could just be chalked up to it being built for him to be iconic, we don't know that this is how it's going to remain throughout the movie. Shit he had 3 different ones in his own movie. Two it looks like the costume from the comics and I think it looks good, translated far better than any Batman costume I've seen outside of fan movies that arbitrarily involve Alien and Predator.

• Downvote 1