Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

AMC Theaters is putting together one crazy day of Marvel movies leading up to The Avengers. On May 3rd, you can watch Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor in 3D, Captain America in 3D, and then The Avengers in 3D at midnight. That's six mighty Marvel movies in one day, true believers. That's also three 3D movies in a row, which has been known to drive men insane, leave women barren, and render cow's milk undrinkable.

I've added up the run times for all these films that makes for 12 hours and 16 minutes if the movies were just played back-to-back. If you account for some breaks between films, you're looking at a 14-hour to 15-hour day.

I smell a challenge.

Tickets to this madness are on sale now at 10 theaters across the country.It looks like additional theaters participating in this deviltry will be announced on March 16th. I've included a list of first 10 theaters after the cut. In the gallery is the promo poster for the Ultimate Marvel Marathon.

Boston Common 19 - Boston, MA

Burbank 16 - Burbank, CA

Downtown Disney 12 - Anaheim, CA

Aventura 24 - Aventura, FL

Empire 25 - New York, NY

Garden State 16 - Paramus, NJ

Downtown Disney 24 - Lake Buena Vista, FL

Metreon 16 - San Francisco, CA

Alderwood 16 - Lynnwood, WA

Tysons Corner 16 - McLean, VA

I'm thinking of the cabin movie w/ that guy from Boy Meets World; not Fred Savage's freak of a brother, but the one who played his friend. Cabin Fever maybe? Terrible flick.

You are sub-human levels of retarded, I'm just going to start quoting every one of your posts and replacing the workds with a picture of Slowpoke in a scumbag Steve hat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Something that's been bothering me since the 2nd US trailer, and it's in this Japanese one too, is Black Widow's line "This is nothing we were ever trained for." I'm not sure if it's technically grammatically incorrect, it sound grates at my ears and sounds awkward. It should be "This is something were we never trained for" or "This is like nothing we were ever trained for" or something else. It would bother me less if she had a thick Russian accent, because then it's the forgivable awkwardness of a non-fluent speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

That's probably more likely than my idea, which was an army of undead Asgardian zombies under Loki's command.

I'm actually of the opinion that that's the most likely scenario. That was my knee jerk reaction, they look like they're dressed to fit the part. I'm just throwing shit out there.

I hadn't heard the Thanos shit since Thor. That excites me. Throw a brotha some links when you get a chance. We've seen a gauntlet and a cosmic cube in these movies so far, they could certainly be planting the seeds. If they could buy out the contracts those other production companies have for their characters and give us a cameo filled Infinity Gauntlet flick, I wouldn't complain too much.