Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

I don't like that the article there says that they were only a device to keep people excited. Hopefully they keep them in there for an actual reason, Avenger's sequel or something, like no actual shapeshifting til the end (credits?) I dunno. I know alot of folks were banking on Thanos for that though, which would still be cool.

'The Avengers' is a big tub of popcorn heaven. A huge grin on my face throughout and much applause from the crowd too. Well done Mr. Whedon
12 Apr 12

blastverticalsepia1_normal.jpg

brubaker

Avengers was awesome. Felt like Joss Whedon in all the right ways while still feeling like the best of Marvel. It's going to be really huge.

PrometheusHelmetVisorShotNEW2_normal.jpg

firstshowing

The Avengers - Epic. EPIC! Everyone fights everyone, but it does deliver. Marvel's movies get better every single one. Hulk! HULK!!

twittericon_normal.jpg

devincf

That'll do, Joss, that'll do.

wannaseesomethingreallyscarry_normal.jpg

mrbeaks

THE AVENGERS. Finally, a Marvel film with a rousing finish. I'll deal with the first two acts in my review.

image_normal.jpg

GermainLussier

I'd tweet about The Avengers but my body is still recovering from non-stop geeking out. So, so, so much fun (for the most part).

face_normal.jpg

zebwells

Finished watching
#Avengers
but can't get up on account of this visible erection.

c22_normal.jpg

Remender

Just got out of the Avengers premiere. My favorite superhero film ever, no hyperbole.

wannaseesomethingreallyscarry_normal.jpg

mrbeaks

And that third act is more than enough to make THE AVENGERS the best Marvel movie yet.

variety.me_normal.jpg

Variety_JLD

It's the bomb. I could not possibly say enough.

variety.me_normal.jpg

Variety_JLD

Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it.
#Avengers

peterdrawingslashfilm_normal.jpg

slashfilm

The Avengers is pretty epic. There is probably more action in this film's climax than all the other Marvel movie combines!

94620638-6adc-41c8-9f2e-b2c08a1a0696_normal.png

JennaBusch

Just saw
#Avengers
! Holy crap!!!
#HULKSMASH
!!!!

twitterme_normal.jpg

Breznican

Just got out of
#Avengers
premiere. Liked.

Zombatar_1_normal.jpg

cerebus19

I can't say much about The
#Avengers
, but, to Whedon fans and Marvel fans: You have NOTHING to worry about. So much awesome.

variety.me_normal.jpg

Variety_JLD

My god Joss Whedon is going to be breathtakingly rich.

otischomp2_normal.jpg

jenyamato

Avengers was big, messy, fun. More importantly there's now nothing but Hawkeye fanfic swimming around in my head.
#mmmrenner

298697_187620851322188_165862526831354_405624_527170750_n_normal.jpg

damianmcginty

The avengers was incredible. Blown away.

twittericon_normal.jpg

devincf

AVENGERS is good enough to make me forgive IRON MAN 2.

00_normal.jpg

SpencerBoldman

The Avengers was one of the coolest movies I've seen in a while

twitterme_normal.jpg

Breznican

Seriously, if comic book movies are your thing, you will be fully satisfied by the concoction Joss Whedob has fixed for you with
#AVENGERS

Untitled-1_normal.jpg

colliderfrosty

Absolutely loved THE AVENGERS. Was smiling from beginning to end. If you're a Marvel fan you're going to lose your shit in the theater.

Untitled-1_normal.jpg

colliderfrosty

Also, the two things that made
#THEAVENGERS
amazing: the Hulk and the humor. Joss Whedon gets a 10 out of 10 on both of those.

image_normal.jpg

SethGreen

So that was AMAZING. Like, double plus awesome. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving us all the
#Avengers
movie we deserve.
#OnlyYou

IMG955189_normal.jpg

ShaheemReid

Just getting out of "The Avengers" world premiere. Thought the film was major. LOT of action, laughs and surprises. Hulk stole the show.

IMG955189_normal.jpg

ShaheemReid

"The Avengers" has a Big surprise after the credits. Make sure you stay for it.

3Step_Oscars_normal.jpg

stepfredla

Just returned from world premiere of THE AVENGERS. Film is all that! 2 hrs & 20 minutes of pure fun! In theaters May 4th. I'm going again.

300591_144999958932503_100002674981587_200097_1092558631_n_normal.jpg

vegan_julia

I'm not big on comic book movies, but I did enjoy the screening of 'The Avengers' tonight. Despite it being 130 plus mins long. Lol

Phew.

Via comingsoon

In related news, we talked to Robert Downey Jr. today who dropped this bit: "We're actually not done shooting. We're shooting another scene tonight. I'm not kidding." The press got to see the film yesterday and there was an extra scene in the middle of the end credits, so this is presumably for a scene at the very end of the credits.

alright, that's enough positive press now. media blackout for me starts now, i don't need trailers, info, deleted anything - it's literally right around the corner, and sounds like it delivers. my body is ready.

I'm w/ ya. It seems like Marvel is releasing new snipits almost every day. Did someone post the uncut "head count" scene between Stark and Loki? It plays much different than in the trailer.

Anyway, in non-spoiler movie swag news, here are some cool tees.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck that's a lot of good press. Not a mixed feeling abound. I'm hoping this enthusiasm is tempered by some familiar cynicism before the weekend. I have a habit of hyping things up too much in my own head.

Nick - I feel you. Every urge is telling me to YouTube every piece of footage available right now but I must resist. Nothing better than going into something like this with a clean slate.

Dear motherfuckers,

I'm happy to say that I was lucky enough to attend the Irish premiere of 'The Avengers' last night (well, not last night, it was Monday, but I'm still feeling Tuesday). Although there were no cast members in attendence, let us all now shed a tear for Scarlett Johansson who was not lucky enough to get me to grab her off, I will go out on the line and say that it is the BEST MARVEL MOVIE SO FAR.

I'm not a Joss Whedon fan, in fairness I'm not really familiar with his work, but if they don't lock him down for more they're idiots. I wish I could rant more about the flick but I'd hate to ruin it for anyone. Forget what you've seen in the trailers (besides Cap's shitty helmet - it's fucking awful). I think it came in around two and a half hours but I didn't even notice.

It opens proper on Thursday and I will be there first in line to see this bad boy again.

Believe the hype.

Lots of love,

2t

• Upvote 2