Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

I had no idea this even existed. It sounds awesome and the cover looks great. Nice get, Nemo. I picked up the new Ecto-1 Lego set on sale today along w/ some other stuff for Prime Day.

Good to know Platinum Ed. of the Looney-Tunes collections do indeed include additional features to what's already on Gold Ed. Cheers.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Ha! Naw, I ordered that stuff online yesterday. It won't even get to my place until tomorrow night. I do put most of the LEGO sets together, but I own about 3 Star Wars sets I did not put together b/c I haven't the display room. I see some of these reviewers online who put together so many sets they have to deconstruct them for storage. I don't know if I could do that after spending all the time putting it together.

Jealous of that Ecto-1! Newt actually snagged the original LEGO ECTO-1 set for me online two years ago,which I do display. However, I always wanted a more movie accurate model. You buying any of these Diamond or Mattel figures out now, Nemo? And what is that firehouse in the background w/ the Real Ghostbusters on it? It looks too small to be the playset from back in the day. Is it a model or something?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

WHOOOOA! That's awesome! (applauds) I totally want that. That is awesome, NZA - like, dayum. That is sum hot property - wow.

Dude, Hakujin - LOL - that is the one reason I don't collect Lego sets: the space. I've been on the verge of getting started collecting some Simpson stuff but I need some dedicated space for a LEGO collection - and my place is already set-up like the 40 year-old virgin. It is busting - I need a bigger place, I really don't want to just start stacking unopened boxes. Dude, post a pic when you get it, though - or if you decide to put it together - totally interested in seeing what it looks like.

The firehouse? Oh, ho-ho...check it:

tumblr_oaa6urBEEG1vndct2o1_540.jpg

That logo is lenticular.

giphy.gif

tumblr_oaa6w1lzCe1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Slimer's also lenticular.

tumblr_oaa6wwMY4D1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oaa6xsiebM1vndct2o1_540.jpg

BAM!

tumblr_oaa6ypsEAm1vndct2o1_540.jpg

It is absolutely definitive. TLC on this is set to: maximum. The special features are UTTER madness. This is FULL of docs / featurettes, interviews, artwork...even picture-in-picture commentary on select episodes w/ writers n' directors. It is everything you could possibly ask for in a Complete Series Set of the Real Ghostbusters. It is for the fans and the effort to honor / celebrate the show n' the GB legacy in general - really shows. The set-box on it's own is a thing of beauty.

Dunno if the firehouse-set has been discontinued - I picked it up years ago for 'bout $70. I do know the series has recently been re-released for the first time as seasons - in 'collector's tins'. The individual seasons' special features are intact, but the firehouse came w/ a bonus disc that was filled w/ extended interviews and as an extra, extra bonus - had the original promo pilot. Dunno how they'd work that into the recent 'season' releases. If you find this on the cheap - totally worth a spot in the ol' cartoon section. Totally impressive set.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Target today and was pleased to find all four of my 2016 Ghostbusters in the toy section. They were marked down from $19.99 to $13.99 despite Mattel claiming sales are exceeding expectations. I took advantage and picked up a Holtzmann figure! I wanna get all four eventually and piece together Rowan when I have more regular disposable income. smile.png

p8YsSH1.jpg

teOhYEX.jpg

Also, I was trying to decide whether to keep Holtzy at my place or NZA's and he reminded me that if I took her home, she could help Spengler try to capture Boo.

cZcZjBc.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nice get, Donatella - the figure actually doesn't look bad. I think Holtzmann definitely has the coolest and most interesting look (not just her figure - but the character's whole design).

Wait, if she's w/ NZA's Egon - then who's Spengler is dat trying to catch a Boo? You both got an Egon? (shrugs) As long as Egon has back-up...and someone is making sure he doesn't try to drill a hole in his head. Plus One for Awesome Mix Vol. 1!

guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix-vol-1-soundtrack-complete-song-list-chris-pratt-james-gunn.gif

Mo91CgI.gif

anigif_enhanced-593-1416180332-1.gif

Panch, do the original GB you picked up have that same kinda build / articulation? Like, I'm imagining it's the same line, since they got the same packaging? I haven't bumped into any GB figures in stores, so - oh, and - which ones did you get?! Pics! LOL!

Nice get, Donatella - the figure actually doesn't look bad. I think Holtzmann definitely has the coolest and most interesting look (not just her figure - but the character's whole design).

Wait, if she's w/ NZA's Egon - then who's Spengler is dat trying to catch a Boo? You both got an Egon? (shrugs) As long as Egon has back-up...and someone is making sure he doesn't try to drill a hole in his head. Plus One for Awesome Mix Vol. 1!

We both have a Spengler! They were on sale at Gamestop weeks ago for like 7-8 bucks so we both picked one up (we don't live together so there's one at each of our places)! Only mine is busting a boo though. smile.png Also, I was wondering if anyone would catch my Awesome Mix Vol. 1! That was a lucky find for me! They sold the GotG soundtrack on cassette during Record Store Day in 2015 but I was in Key Largo that weekend with no record stores around! I was so bummed, thinking it was sold out everywhere. But a week later I happened to be near my favorite local record shop and I went in just to look at vinyl and instead found ONE copy of the Awesome Mix in their cassette section! I love it! Don't have a cassette player, though. lol Thankfully it came with a digital download as well.

PFejfAp.jpg

Edited by Donatella

• 2 weeks later...

she will, ive been scouting goodwills/etc for a good one to hook into my receiver. i'd be down for a big ol' boombox too but those seem scarce lately!

and nice haul hakus, as a huge fan of Ran ive been meaning to watch Throne of Blood forever, Lady Snowblood as well.