Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sum DVD upgrades.

tumblr_onqlfujWrM1vndct2o1_540.jpg

They had a LOZ section set up @ Best Buy ohface.gif - legit sculpts, Amiibo (I want that Bokoblin!), tshirts...and they had that Dark Horse 'Arts and Artifiacts' book. It. is. MASSIVE. It was going for $40 - did a quick google search...$23 bucks on Amazon. 'Hard Cover - New'. Heads up for whoever's interested: You're gonna be paying double 'off the shelf'. It really hurt to put it back down.

I'm not sure if I ever got around to seeing the sequel to The Never Ending Story. I'll have to check for that on Netflix or AZN Prime. Are you selling your DVDs as you upgrade, Nemo? I was doing the whole upgrade thing for a while, then stopped since streaming quality got better and I wasn't watching the special features as much.

Speaking of blu-rays, I had to run into my local Dollar General for the first time in a long time, and I noticed they had blu-rays for sale. Picked up Life of Pi and The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-sec for $5 ea. Really looking forward to watching the latter as I didn't even know it existed until I spotted it in the bin.

The sequel is inferior to the first one, but they had more money: Better film stock n' FX / props / costumes / sets...the blu has a killer transfer. It all looks great - but it's an inferior film...worth a look for the ol' skoo' fx. The original, tho - has a great featurette on the restoration work they did for the blu transfer. Yet, the sequel transfer looks light-years beyond the blu-transfer the first one got. Pisses me off. (shrugs)

I did sum research on how to bank on my DVD dups (I had hundreds) - DVDs go for like, 50 cents @ pawn shops. Moviestop doesn't exist anymore. Like, days before my last trip to MIA - I saw this doc on 'Minimalism' on Netflix (Panch, we discussed this briefly @ ur house) It pushed me over the edge on what I knew I had to do for a long time - I pulled all the cool art sleeves outta every DVD - and just Goodwill'd all my DVD dups. Hundreds of 'em.

I was just hoarding 'em - they were obsolete and they weren't 'giving me joy'...I was holding on to 'em 'cuz they seriously cost me solid money when I got 'em - but they were just taking up legit space and they weren't being used...and had no use. The only ones I ended up keeping were mega-collectible editions and sum that had special features that didn't carry over to blu.

I'm a collector (of all kinds of stuff) - so it was painful, but a relief @ the same time. I paid $30 for sum DVDs when they first came out! $5 on blu. I have to hold on to 'em for the rest of my life? I'd give 'em to friends...if I had any that were into collecting movies...or even any friends.

342f10975f1eeaeddc7a07003bd01d3e.jpg

LOL!

I did sum research on how to bank on my DVD dups (I had hundreds) - DVDs go for like, 50 cents @ pawn shops. Moviestop doesn't exist anymore. Like, days before my last trip to MIA - I saw this doc on 'Minimalism' on Netflix (Panch, we discussed this briefly @ ur house) It pushed me over the edge on what I knew I had to do for a long time - I pulled all the cool art sleeves outta every DVD - and just Goodwill'd all my DVD dups. Hundreds of 'em.

Baby steps, bro. ;)

I'm in a similar spot though. I could minimize as well. I feel dirty talking about this in here though. This thread is about the antithesis of minimalism.

20170404_225034_zps1fg0ocqc.jpg

Persona 5: Take Your Heart edition, Snatcher Vinyl and the Mondo release of Castlevania III on Vinyl.

20170404_225132_zps7lbksiyh.jpg

20170404_225151_zpsg2silvxv.jpg

Dracula's Curse doesn't have as many memorable tracks for me as I or Simon's Quest (never had III as a kid), but god damn did they hit it out of the park with the album art....

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY
  • Upvote 2