Hondo's Bar

Emulator systems & hybrids - NES, SNES, Genesis etc

The NZA

Would you pay $50 for such a device?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

My Xbox runs Nintendo, Gameboy/GB color/GBA, SNES, (some) N64, and Sega games. The controls are a little funny for Sega and N64, but definitely playable. That said... I love waking up on a lazy Saturday morning and breaking my fast with some old school gaming. Last night, I got bored of playing the Punisher... and switched to Super Mario RPG. The Secret of the Seven Stars? It's good times, man.

Yeah, some guys i know out here rig their x-box's like that.....spiffy emulated an SNES on the dreamcast, but for some reason, it played choppy. Gyp-O, would you say the audio & gameplay are the exact same as they were on their respective consoles, just with a bulkier controller? cause if so, that's pretty cool shit. Just a shame no one's truly capitalizing on this market yet.

ps good choice of games there, too.

I dunno, I would kind of like something that would play the actual old cartridges too cause what we're talking about right now will still be no better than hooking up a decent gamepad to my computer. Emulation is great, but never perfect, especially the sound. I'm talking about official stuff too, like the sega smashpacks have relaly shitty sound. When you get an actual cartridge to work, it always blows away any emulator.

I co-sign that post. Junker's dead on, the only time i think it's been 100% accurate was the Sega Ages disc that came with the Sega CD way back in the day, because there was no loading time (that i can recall), and audio/gameplay were...well..using the same hardware, so fuck that example.

What with all the complaints about the Russian Roulette that is 2nd-hand or antique carts, the quick & easy remedy would simply be bring out the classics for respective console on the GC. Have like a NES Volume with all the Mario Bros, outbreak, Link, all that. Then a Snes vol, then a 64 vol. Easy to play, and all the consoles wrapped into one. Taht said, I'd still pay upwards of US$100 for this batard system we're talking about. I'm sick the fuck of getting the grey & black flashes whenever i try to play TMNT or Double Dragon II on NES.

Oh yeah Nick, I gotta mate that has a SNES emulator on his X-box & like 30 games or somethin'. Think I'ma haveta get one of those now...

Lemme know how it goes if ya do it.

And yeah, im a complete slut for old game collections, i got a thread around here somewhere for them....every Sonic Collection or Zelda bonus disc that comes out, i gotta find. Only ones im still missing that i want are Mega Man Collection and that awesome Midway Arcade hits one....they need to do another Mario All-Stars so i can play Mario 64 again. :D

• 3 months later...

that's every goddamn NES game ever made, minus maybe a dozen, and they sucked anyway. Plus, R.O.B. unit for those cool enough to remember that...and yet you people still bitch!

i dont see a game genie either, but you know what? if im ever stumped in one of these "too-damn-old-to-let-me-save-the-game" games, ima play another, there's only like a million.

• 3 years later...
It needs to work with game boy games to, but more importantly, Virtual Boy games!

There's already an SNES cartridge you can plug gameboy games into, does no one remember this?

Also: It would need ROB, fuck the virtual boy, if I want to play a virtual boy game I can just spin around in a swivel chair really fast 100 times and try and walk through the house.

There's already an SNES cartridge you can plug gameboy games into, does no one remember this?

Also: It would need ROB, fuck the virtual boy, if I want to play a virtual boy game I can just spin around in a swivel chair really fast 100 times and try and walk through the house.

Man, I used to play pokemon on the SNES all the time with that thing.

• 2 months later...

I just saw a video from the Irate Gamer about a really cool handheld version of the 8-bit NES System called the Retro Mini.

ba65_retro_mini_handheld_nes_system.jpg

It plays all of your 8-bit NES games portably, and you can hook it up via A/V cables to a TV set and it works on your TV just like a classic 8-bit NES Console!

Here's the actual video from the Irate Gamer talking about the Retro Mini:

Right now, you can only purchase it from the website ThinkGeek.com and it comes in two versions: the Retro Mini, and the Retro Mini X. Below are the direct link to the page where you can purchase them:

Retro Mini Page at ThinkGeek.com

Edited by Acalis

Nice! These guys are awesome.

I'm pretty enticed by the Pocket Retro Game Emulator. 4 GB is pretty damn nice , plus a mini SD card slot. Plus it reads video files and shit, that screen is a lot bigger than the one on my ipod.

I'm gonna wait a few days for someone to give me a good reason not to buy this, my finances are in your hands.