Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

So one really cool thing has come out of Frank Miller's Spirit movie - Lionsgate's marketing department has reached out to art schools across the country to help design posters for the film. This first one was introduced at comicon and comes from the Art Institute of California-San Diego.

spiritneighwatch.jpg

God, for once I wish I was still in school... :(

No, sorry, it was just you two.

Actually, in the back of my head, I did know there was a "Beak" in the XMen universe, but since the one in the movie doesn't have bird-like features and has electrical powers instead of flight, I assumed it was an all-new character.

So one really cool thing has come out of Frank Miller's Spirit movie - Lionsgate's marketing department has reached out to art schools across the country to help design posters for the film. This first one was introduced at comicon and comes from the Art Institute of California-San Diego.

spiritneighwatch.jpg

God, for once I wish I was still in school... :(

Yeah, I miss Art School too, ah to have a week to finish a logo, that at the advertising firm I have to turn around in 2 hours! Oh well, anyway.

That poster, is the best thing I have seen regarding the Spirit, which is sad.

No, sorry, it was just you two.

Actually, in the back of my head, I did know there was a "Beak" in the XMen universe, but since the one in the movie doesn't have bird-like features and has electrical powers instead of flight, I assumed it was an all-new character.

Electrical-had boy is probably Agent Zero.

That is...remarkably...awful. And I was expecting awful but it still surprised me by its awfulness. I still say they got a great guy to play the Spirit but everything else about the film so far (except that first shot, that really is pure Eisner) is awful.

Was that...a gag reel or something?

I...I think it was an actual fight scene.

I'm guessing that video was real bad.

:pirate:

Punisher: War Zone Pursuing PG-13?

WTF Lionsgate! First the Lexi Alexander drama, and now rumors that arguably one of the most violent comics characters in history is shooting for a PG-13 rating.

Like nails being hammered into a coffin, every new piece of information we've been getting about Punisher: War Zone has been slowly but surely killing the movie's chances.

First, fan-oriented director Lexi Alexander, who promised us all a proper gorefest worthy of the character, was presumably kicked off the project. We're still unsure about what exactly happened. Her usually verbose and informative blog was wiped clean of anything to do with the movie when the rumor of her dumping hit the web, and previous Punisher content was replaced by the "see, hear, speak no evil" monkeys. The latest bit of news from Latino Review is that Lionsgate might edit the film for a PG-13 rating. They speculate that The Dark Knight’s lucrative showing was what made them think that PG-13 was better than R.

Downey Disses "The Dark Knight"

Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. has certainly pissed away any possible part playing a DC comics character with his recent remarks...

"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

No Downey Jr. has a good point. The Dark Knight does try to hard it's just if you go in knowing what you to expect it's good. This Batman movie wasn't really made for "general audiences." The plot that wasn't about Harvey Dent (which was far too much of the film) jumped around a lot and was a bit spastic and hard to follow.

And the ending did suck (and yes yes I've heard everyone's case for it but all it amounts to is Christopher Nolan didn't know if he would be doing a 3rd so he tied off all the plot threads like another director who gets shit for doing the exact same thing by the name of Sam Raimi)

I loved the Dark Knight but I'm not going to sit here looking down on people who didn't like it, the film certainly gives you several reasons to I just knew what I was expecting and pretty much got it.

Besides, what DC Character would Downey Jr. be good as? The Heckler?