Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

I very much doubt you'll like it, I just thought it was awesome. Mostly because of how not good it was. Kinda like the room.

Did you end up getting around to The Hurt Locker Haku?

Yeah, I actually saw it this summer. I thought I posted a mini-review of it, but apparently not. . .so I just put it in my latest batch of reviews. I rate it a solid "B."

I would've went with a more neutral rating like a C+ but I pretty much agree. It's a rarely inoffensive vehicle for an SNL cast member that ranks somewhere between Joe Dirt and Wedding Crashers on the scale of funny enjoyable movies. Pretty forgettable but not terrible.

Saw Clash of the Titans with Pedro and Amber. Pedro said it was pretty bad, Amber said it was almost as bad as Kull the Conqueror (Harsh).

Me, maybe it's just because I love the original movie so much, but I saw nothing especially wrong with it. It was what the original one was, a string of monster battles with a bunch of boring talky parts in-between. It was very much in the spirit of a Ray Harryhausen movie and everything was pretty much the same even if the sub-plot about Persius hating the gods was unnecessary as well as a few other things (what are Djinns doing in a movie about Greek mythology?) and Sam Worthington is about 1/100th the actor that Harry Hamlin is. It certainly wasn't all that great but a lot better than most of the big budget fantasy cash-ins over the last few years (Beowulf comes to mind.)

Yeah, but wasn't having a Norse mythological creature (played by the Cloverfield monster: good to see that guy getting other work) enough of a detraction from right? Did they have to go dragging Islamic mythological creatures in as well? Fuck it, lets bring in some Anubites and Onis, make this shit really epic.