Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Waitaminute, so in the Hakuverse He's Just Not That Into You > Wings of Desire

GTFO! I can never trust anything you say ever again. :ghost:

edited to refine the quote

Yeah, on the surface I can see how that might seem wrong, and Nick used a similar argument to berate me for my ratings of John Woo films. So if you're a surface kinda guy, then you're right. I got nothin' for ya.

However, if you go beyond the clever quips, you'll see those films are two totally different genres and audiences go into both expecting very different things. Based on what I read from your and other reviews I went into Wings of Desire expecting a grand cinematic odyssey, an emotionally challenging examination of the human condition heretofore unparalleled by any other film. I didn't get that so much.

He's Just Not That Into You I went in expecting to want to kill myself by the first 15 minutes. Instead a got a good rom-com that really hit the nail on the head for me in several aspects romantic relationships. Apples & oranges. In my book He's Just Not That Into You was B+ orange while Wings of Desire was a B apple.

i cant say for certain, but if we're listing some rom-coms you were forced to see, i dare you to beat Simply Irresistible. i was a better man before watching that...City of Angels, Serendipity, What Women Want, The Family Man...i watched a lot of these for her, but none nearly that awful.

i dont even remember Untamed Heart, likely a coping mechanism.

There was this classic moment at work a couple of years back, right when P.S. I Love You was about to come out. There was this couple and the woman said something like

"Oh, lets get P.S. I Love You"

and the guy just looked at her, deadly serious, and said

"Bitch, I will punch you right in your fucking eye"

He's just not that into you is in a list of about 4-5 films that I've been made watch, and felt the need to bleach my eyes after watching. PS I Love You is another. Antichrist too.

The fuck man?

after hearing so much about antichrist, i am kind of scared to watch it. no one has really said anything good about it. bleaching eyes does not sound like something i'd enjoy.

If you're giving me an open market, I don't see why I should refuse really... Can I get a list?

Let's be straight. I find this offensive and am considering putting you on my ignore list along with R2S and D8. If you don't give a shit or this is what you are going for, by all means continue.