Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

I hope you trip and fall onto a bicycle. Get all caught up in there and everything.

post a review in the thread, whore.

Bein' so mean to me, I don't know why I should. :p

Plus, I waited in line for an hour and a half last week, only to have the line get cut off practically right in front of me, then wait 3 hours today in the fucking sun. I fucking earned this advance viewing.

POSTER%20Serbian%20film11.jpg

far more disturbing than i could have imagined. it cannot be unwatched. it's definitely not for the faint of anything.

i feel like this is a pretty accurate review without giving too much away.

seriously, shit's intense. if you decide to watch it, make sure you haven't eaten in a while.

Edited by La Lindsay
thanks, tim. is it fixed?

yeah, i'm embarrassed to say i'm not up on the history of serbia (except for the little i know about kosovo) but the content of that movie makes me want to read up on it to see what motivated a group of people to make such a movie. i was really surprised by the quality of the film making. very well done but rough to the very end. the climax (ugh...i wish there were a better word to use) was so chaotic and shocking that i couldn't process the horror fast enough. there are honestly two scenes that i wish i could scrub from my brain forever.

Edited by La Lindsay

yes, never again. and i honestly can't think of a single person who i could even recommend it to and feel good about it.

i don't know about you but

i had to keep rationalizing a lot of the scenes to stomach them, which was not working very well. for instance, i thought the baby looked like quatto from total recall but that still wasn't enough to detract from the core concept of the scene. also, i kept trying to remind myself that Milos was on uber drugs so it's not really his fault with what happened, but i was still totally rooting for his wife to kill him when she saw what was going on. you know shit's hardcore when a movie can make a mid-coitus decapitation seem like one of the more tame scenes in the movie.

Edited by La Lindsay
  • Upvote 1

what about salo? heard that movie supposed to be pretty traumatizing..

on a brighter note:

Watch-Shes-Out-of-My-League-Online-Movie.jpg

a diamond in the rough. no new ground covered here, but the characters are likable and a lot of funny moments. thumbs up!

kickass.jpg?w=300

yeah, i'm late to the party, but am pleasantly surprised in this simple, yet entertaining flick. root for the underdog! oh and normally i don't like to see little kids cursing and killing people, but i make an exception for hit girl. recommended viewing!

The+Losers+(2010).jpg

a movie that doesn't take itself seriously and neither should you. a good, funny popcorn movie with some ok action scenes. just plain cool.

brooklyns_finest.jpg

a fan of antoine fuqua, this is not shooter or training day (both milestones in cinema as far as i'm concerned). there are a lot of squibbs (overly done bullet damage) scenes though. i have a personal squabble with the plot because it's

somewhat implying that the hero was the one that didn't kill "innocents" and that the ones who did ended up dead.

but other than that, hats off to ethan hawke, don chadelle and richard gere to their performances. real good stuff. oh yeah. lots of cameos from former "the wire" actors! only recommend if you like these actors or into cop dramas.

Edited by spiffytee

On DVD I rented Kick Ass tonight. Saw a shitty bootleg of it months ago so seeing it legit was even better. Solid movie and chock full of deliciously nerdy tips of the hat.

In the movies I saw Inception for the second time around last week. My friend didn't like. Felt like hatcheting them to death right there in the cinema.

yeah, looking to see The Losers soon, might add that last one too (thanks spiffy). i'm gonna put the 36 Chambers trilogy to a disc for you soon, lemme know if you want any other older kung-fu flicks, ive been downloading a bunch of Shaw brothers stuff - you totally gotta see the 5 deadly venoms.

cool... thanks buddy, i will have to definately check out the 36 chambers. see what happens to the fish shop and gotta love those corny sound effects they have when metal weapons clash. lol

10648072-download-bounty-hunter.jpg

there should be a law limiting a movie to one Ke$ha song. just an ok movie.. a few obvious laughs but not really thought out plot or anything else. comon, be more creative guys! Gerard Butler, hang your head in shame.

the dolphin one?^ been meaning to check that one out, but I think I passed it up for Food, Inc. (which was all over the effin place at the same time of release I think). gonna have to check that out.

last thing I saw:

The-Other-Guys-Movie-Poster.jpg

much, much more hilarious than I thought it would be. Michael Keaton was pretty damn funny and Mark Wahlberg stole a few scenes actually. and there is a great opening to the movie with The Rock and Sam Jackson as stereotypical supercops. also Ice-T provides the narration which is awesome.

1214800610_banner240x400.jpg

great doc about midwifery and the medicalization of birth in the US (and subsequent dramatic decline in midwifery and home births in the US). i recommend it to anyone who wants to have a child in the future so you can weigh your options for delivery.

Edited by La Lindsay

the dolphin one?^ been meaning to check that one out, but I think I passed it up for Food, Inc. (which was all over the effin place at the same time of release I think). gonna have to check that out.

much, much more hilarious than I thought it would be. Michael Keaton was pretty damn funny and Mark Wahlberg stole a few scenes actually. and there is a great opening to the movie with The Rock and Sam Jackson as stereotypical supercops. also Ice-T provides the narration which is awesome.

Yeah, it is really depressing as well. I wasn't even aware that this was even going on.