Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Loved Tennenbaums & Life Aquatic. Give Darjeeling Limited a watch as well, Jay. I need to DL Gomorra.

I recently watched

51kML+fqEFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It was outstanding in Blu-Ray. The jungle looked beautiful and the scenes where they enter the

Mayan city with all the sacrifices

were especially outstanding. Although the scene w/

the jaguar

looked especially CGI on Blu-Ray and I don't remember it looking as blatantly CGI when I saw it on DVD.

Toy Story 3 :yup:

Toward the end, i thought they had hired Joss Whedon to write again. Also, Mr. Tortilla Head and Buzz en castellano were my favorites.

Agreed.

I sobbed during the fire scene...

I also saw Eclipse this week...it was my least favorite of the books, and seems like its the same with the movies

i have also been in a foreign film mood so:

the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo2.jpg

i haven't read the book but i thought the movie was pretty good. it was a little long and the point was a little heavy handed (the translated title "men who hate women" doesn't really beat around the bush) but it was a decent mystery. i'd give it 3.8/5.

and

Antibodies_.jpg

i guess yesterday just turned out to be a foreign serial killer night for me. this was pretty decent but i felt that

the end punked out

so i was a little disappointed. i don't know whether to call it an homage or borrowing heavily but there was definitely a lot of silence of the lambs in there, but they at least acknowledged it at one point. 3.2/5

off to watch more foreign films!

Edited by La Lindsay

• 2 weeks later...