Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Good call mr Hakujin, i will pay close attention to your thread also. will also try to get around to finally watching high fidelity.

gotta disagree with public enemies though, kinda a disappointment if you are thinking you're watching an action movie. i think it's more of a time period movie focusing on john, john, and more john. a lot of him chasing the girl and being with the girl... mabye i'd give it a C.

And paranormal activity!!! sorry buddy, love your recommendations but i gotta say... paranormal activity was worse than each of those rom-coms i just posted... er, actually peter and vandy and julia and julie are pretty close. why the hell do the critics like that crap?!?

....... and i give moon an A! :yup:

basically wanted to get some romantic comedies on here so all the other guys can sit out the ones i wasted my time on.

Finally saw Sherlock Holmes. FREAKIN' AWESOME! :yup:

Great choice of Lord Blackwood as the main villain instead of Moriarty. Jude Law was a awesome Dr. Watson (more closer to the books than most other versions). Robert Downy Jr.'s portrayal of Holmes was refreshing while still remaining loyal to the books.

Can't wait for the sequel with Prof. Moriarty.

Saw A Serious Man, I forsee a lot of arguments with a lot of people on why it was amazing and not shit in the future. Easily on par with No Country For Old Men.

I also so Still Waiting because we were looking for a dollar rental and the next best thing we could find was Sharks in Venice (that should give you an indication on how shitty our choices were.) Still Waiting is my generation's Caddyshack 2.

I loved A Serious Man... one of the funniest things I've seen lately, and I love that special brand of Coen Brothers humor. The ending made my brain fall out of my head for a few minutes, but once I regained my power of speech long enough to say more than "They didn't really just end it. No. There's no way that could have just ended.", I realized how much I had liked it.

Was Survival Of The Dead any good?

It was good but something felt... off. There were only a few moments where it felt like a George A. Romero movie, which is not to say the rest was bad it just didn't have the atmosphere I'm used to. It seems like he's building these movies as a prequel to Land of the Dead.

I looked it up on IMDB...dang, it sounded interesting...

To give this a little point of reference, the story Button Button by Richard Matheson on which the movie is based is roughly ten pages long and takes place entirely in the couple's apartment with only the mysterious stranger appearing as another character who is not deformed and just drops the box off and leaves.

Just saw Jennifer's Body, given the overwhelming amount of shit that has been hurled at this movie I was surprised to find a relatively smart dark comedic horror movie with believable characters, good effects, and a decent story. Also Megan Fox manages to be really fucking creepy.