Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

i saw parts of this when i was younger, i wanna see the whole thing now. that's an awesome cast.

I've seen Color of Money 3 or 4 time on TV over the years and loved it. So I was always interested in this prequel. Newman's character is very similar to Cruise's in his hubris and talent, but despite the thread of pool they're fairly different films. At least from what I can remember of Color of Money. I have to go buy Color of Money now b/c this film gives so much more depth to Newman's character in that film.

amazing that all this time, i had no idea those movies connected. it seemed obvious but i wasnt sure.

sen & i were halfway through The Big Sleep when she had to get going, really looking forward to the rest of that. Speaking of actors you cant go wrong with, Bogey was top of his game but Lauren Bacall also never disappoints.

I forgot they made that many Bandit films. Gleason was pretty good as the sheriff in the 1st one.

Well Smokey and the Bandit 3 can best be summed up as this. Burt Reynold's character is off having the exciting adventure while Jerry Reed's character is having a slightly exciting but mostly mundane time of playing decoy for Jackie Gleason. Guess which one we watch the whole fucking movie? Here's a hint, it's not Burt Reynolds.

Then of course, Burt shows up at the end and flips his hat all but saying "Hope you all had fun watching this stupid fucking bullshit while I was off being in a great movie you'll never see. Fuck you all!"

The second Smokey and the Bandit wasn't too bad: Gleason, Reynolds, and Reed still rocked the house; Sally Field was tolerable; and it was really only the inclusion of Dom DeLuise and an elephant that ruined it for everybody.

The Uninvited...really good movie. I liked it a lot. I wish Eli hadn't gotten it mixed up with the Unborn. We could've saved a lot of eye-bleeding and cancer-getting.

Black Sheep....FUN!!!! I didn't think I would enjoy seeing sheep attack people so much.

wait, i think i remember seeing something about Uninvited, what was that about again? and im guessing this wasnt the chris farley black sheep.

also, mine:

The Hulk - this was good. way, way better than the previous one. lotta fun marvel references too.

The Punisher - this was ok. not as bad as some here said, certainly better than the Jane one anyway. whoever told the black guy to talk irish, and my irish boy from The Wire to talk Italian, oughta get slapped though.

District 9 - yeah, you guys talked about it plenty, so i figure im adding nothing here. shit was good, though.

Yeah, according to them they're one of only a couple hundred nationwide... down from several thousand in the 50s and 60s. They even have the old boxes you can use, although they kinda suck. It's better to use the radio, let your battery die and get a jump when you have to leave. In the intermission they have a ten minute long ad for the snack bar full of dancing hot dogs, in all its vintage glory. It's pretty cool.

wait, i think i remember seeing something about Uninvited, what was that about again? and im guessing this wasnt the chris farley black sheep.

the uninvited is about a teenaged girl who gets released from a psychiatric hospital (she tried attempting suicide following the death of her mother) only to find that her dad has shacked up with his new girlfriend and then some freaky shit starts happening at home.

no, not the farley black sheep. this is actually about sheep. killer sheep.

Heck and tarnation! My drug addict of a niece is on my back again. "Why don't you review some new films?" she scowled. "No one is interested in your descriptions of Hoot Gibson westerns you half-remember from sixty years ago," she saucily replied.

Well, I can take a hint. So what've I done? Only gone and seen some of the most recent hottest releases, that's what.

CEREMONIOUS INTENTIONS ®

Am I missing something or what? This was showing on that new-fangled pay-per-view. So I set that crazy VCR to catch it and I got to bed. When I wake up, what I got is about half-an-hour of static, and then a Matlock episode that looked mighty familiar to me. In fact, I could swear I watched it just last week! How does Hollywood expect to get away with this? My niece told me I "set the VCR wrong." I told her to stop doing so many drugs!

21ST CENTURY CARWASH (PG-13)

I noticed this playing in a drive-in near where I get sandwiches, so I went there the other day. Boy-oh-boy, that whole experience has changed. I went into a tunnel where there was all kinds of soap and brushes kept splashing all over my car. It was realistic, I guess, but where was the great acting? Three thumbs down!

My niece told me I'd "gone to a real car wash by mistake." "I'm not the one doing all the drugs!" I told her feistily.

RAPTORS IN THE RAFTERS ®

Well, I wanted to show Queen Fancy-Pants I'm not scared of your new super-thrillers, and my heart ain't neither! So I actually went to see this in the brand new super-megaplex! That's right! But it was just another stinker. The noisetrack features a lotta screechings and screamings and hissings, and yellings and shoutings, with plenty of blowings-up. But the picture part weren't like that at all! It was just a bunch of greasy, slack-jawed moron people, staring into space while most of them ate in a disgusting, noisy fashion. Ten thumbs down!

My niece told me I'd been "facing the wrong direction." I decided to show her-I called the police, and reported her for using drugs!

Awwww, chicken-spit! Looks like a just died of some old person disease and won't ever be able to type in this here computin' box ever again. I would like to say that it's been fun, but it's been real confusing and made me sweat a lot. Remember me.