Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

The only thing wrong with Apocalypse Now is the assholes who did the complete Dossier version decided to put the movie on two disks. Good movie. Go with peace.

I told you not to say... It had been years since I seen the Redux and I forgot about that shitty part with the french plantation. Interesting scene but completely fucked with the pacing. Much like putting it on two disks would I imagine.

I told you not to say... It had been years since I seen the Redux and I forgot about that shitty part with the french plantation. Interesting scene but completely fucked with the pacing. Much like putting it on two disks would I imagine.

It just pisses me off because I know they could've fit that shit on one disk and the Redux version on the other and halved the special features among the two. Switching disks is a relic of the bygone VHS era and it pissed me the fuck off. Strangely the french plantation didn't bother me, though it really did break flow like no other.

you're just now seeing this!?!? :sad:

better late than never. this ties w/ amelie as my favorite jeunet film. you're right, it's a very cool movie.

yeah, i know...i was already chastized by a friend for not having seen it. i was probably 13 when it came out so i missed it then and i would hear about it here and there. it was sort of one of those movies that i knew i would get around to seeing eventually. but i'm glad i finally did.

I watched Earth on Bluray, it's so gorgeous that I feared my eyes would melt. This is coming from someone who avoids practically anything that's Disney like the fucking plague. It's a pretty amazing movie. Some of the shots they got are just jaw droppingly awesome, 5 years of filming pays off with some of the coolest slo-mo nature shots I've ever seen. For anyone with a bluray player and a fine TV, this would be an excellent showcase of it's powers.

I'm convinced Disney uses some kind of subliminal messaging, I don't generally give a shit about seeing a carnivore do what it does, but I got all choked up watching a baby caribou desperately trying to outrun a very hungry wolf. I'm highly suspicious.

I think it all seemed even more beautiful than it normally would for me, considering I had just finished watching Salo.

The juxtaposition does wonders.

yeah, i know...i was already chastized by a friend for not having seen it. i was probably 13 when it came out so i missed it then and i would hear about it here and there. it was sort of one of those movies that i knew i would get around to seeing eventually. but i'm glad i finally did.

your friend sounds like a good person. :sad: i shouldn't really talk smack though. some friends and i were in a blockbuster back in like '99 or 2000 when one stumbled across it by accident--none of us had heard of it at that time. i loved it so much though that the next day i ordered it on amazon.

Thelogan - Isn't Disney's Earth mostly just re-cut footage from the BBC miniseries Planet Earth? I've got the latter on DVD and it's stunning. I can only imagine how it looks in BluRay. Hopefully by this Christmas I won't have to imagine any longer though...

I just watched the documentary Look, Up In The Sky about Superman. It's basically a chronology of him in other media besides comics. However, it does touch briefly on the milestones in the comics world like Byrne's re-boot, marriage to Lois, and the death and resurrection storylines. The biggest revelation to me as a comic book fan was how big a part the 1940s radio drama played in adding to the mythos of the comics. It also really made me hungry for a new Superman movie. I didn't realize it's been 3 years since the last one.

The Hurt Locker. Words cant really describe the tension built up in this film, well, words other than WOW and holy shit.

I hear nothing but good things about this movie, but unfortunately it came and went from the theaters here before I got a chance to see it. Have to wait for DVD or a torrent link.

went on a movie and tv series marathon (that i'm sure isn't quite over) this weekend:

District 9- fucking awesome...i want a sequel

Adventureland- loved it. very sweet. i hope jesse eisenberg finally breaks out in zombieland. he's great.

state of play- good enough, i suppose.

some episodes of season 2 of breaking bad- in-fucking-credible.

angels and demons - ew. avoid at all costs.

to be continued...

went on a movie and tv series marathon (that i'm sure isn't quite over) this weekend:

District 9- fucking awesome...i want a sequel

Adventureland- loved it. very sweet. i hope jesse eisenberg finally breaks out in zombieland. he's great.

state of play- good enough, i suppose.

some episodes of season 2 of breaking bad- in-fucking-credible.

angels and demons - ew. avoid at all costs.

to be continued...

Did you see the episode where Jesse

squashed a meth-head's head w/ a stolen ATM machine?

Also the one where the big

south-west drug guy is revealed to be a chicken-franchise owner is pretty great.

As well as the one where Tortuga, well you get the idea.

continued...

drag me to hell...awesome!

halloween 2(+16)...i'm ashamed to have paid money to see it.

and finished up s2 of breaking bad....wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww. intense.

i haven't seen zombie's HII yet, but man oh man is everyone shitting all over this film. makes me sad as i really liked his reboot.