Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

The Room (2003 film)

Easily the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever.

You should watch the Rifftrax, I don't know that I could have done that movie without it. They didn't know what to do with the softcore scenes, but the rest was pretty funny...

Shudder Island... terrible, terrible movie.

about 4 days before that I saw Wolfman... even worse.

What didn't you like about Shutter Island? I loved it. Thought it was great classic Scorsese and Leo just keeps getting better as an actor...

In Theaters: Inglorious Bastards (I know I'm supposed to hate him, but Hans Landa is awesome.) later Watchmen (... I reserve comment.)

On DVD: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original from 1990. Still love this flick after all these years)

Aside from Dog Soldiers, Silver Bullet, The Wolf Man (original), An American Werewolf in London, and The Howling, werewolf movies are all absolute shit.

^This.

I knew that Wolfman flick would suck just from the previews. Friend of mine was hyped for it, saw it, came back and said "You were right. But it was WAY better than Werewolf" (Do not watch without your MST3K buddies or you could/will suffer from brain-cell death, blood in urine or a premature anal-evacuation due to irritation of the boules).

Besides, with the flicks mentioned by Iambaytor if you or I really want to watch a Werewolf movie, I just plug in one of those.

Edited by Genroh

You must be sad a lot. Aside from Dog Soldiers, Silver Bullet, The Wolf Man (original), An American Werewolf in London, and The Howling, werewolf movies are all absolute shit (though I hear good things about Bad Moon, I need to see that)

Yeah, I know. Heard good things about one of the Gingersnaps films, though (can't recall which one).

then again, i dont know when else he's done horror/suspense, offhand.

Cape Fear: Nick Nolte pre-DWI, Juliette Lewis playing yet another shy socially awkward girl that seems mildly retarded, and a pretty intimidating DeNiro. Not as good as the original, but as good as a remake of that movie reasonably could be.

Yeah, I know. Heard good things about one of the Gingersnaps films, though (can't recall which one).

I knew I was forgetting one! Ginger Snaps is the other good one, just don't bother with the sequels. I've heard a lot of people say Wolfen, but that's not a werewolf movie, it's a movie about magical spirit wolves living in the city that they think are werewolves at first. Not terrible though.

Edited by Iambaytor

Clearly you have not seen Eraserhead.

Last film I observed was "Tony"

He has an individual way of dealing with people he dislikes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1120945/

Read more.

d41d8087d2e1a87ff4264299ae875cae.jpg

Cover

http://rapidshare.com/files/354223223/Tony_up_by_Gardzij.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/354216313/Tony_up_by_Gardzij.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/354217479/Tony_up_by_Gardzij.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/354223574/Tony_up_by_Gardzij.part4.rar

Download.

Saw Alice last night. Liked it. Didn't love it, but enjoyed it very much. It was a little wrapped up in it's own aesthetic... I mean, how could it not have been, but still.

Also, it's official. I don't like Crispin Glover and never will. He's off-putting. And his animation was strange... which added to my discomfort with him.

Alan Rickman is great, as always. Was my favorite performance by far.

Hmm what else... no dark under eyes and cascading black hair for the cast. It seems Burton has given up the quest to always make Johnny Depp look like him in movies, in hopes that that makes him look like Johnny Depp.

It was very pretty. Costuming was gorgeous, very easy to spot new trends (for those who are interested).

The crowd was obnoxious. I mean, it's the midnight showing of a Tim Burton remake of Alice in Wonderland, of course it's gonna bring every emo kid in the area dressed up in their finest converse, frilly skirts, hoodies and cascading hair. I shouldn't have been surprised.

Saw Alice last night. Liked it. Didn't love it, but enjoyed it very much. It was a little wrapped up in it's own aesthetic... I mean, how could it not have been, but still.

Also, it's official. I don't like Crispin Glover and never will. He's off-putting. And his animation was strange... which added to my discomfort with him.

Alan Rickman is great, as always. Was my favorite performance by far.

Hmm what else... no dark under eyes and cascading black hair for the cast. It seems Burton has given up the quest to always make Johnny Depp look like him in movies, in hopes that that makes him look like Johnny Depp.

It was very pretty. Costuming was gorgeous, very easy to spot new trends (for those who are interested).

The crowd was obnoxious. I mean, it's the midnight showing of a Tim Burton remake of Alice in Wonderland, of course it's gonna bring every emo kid in the area dressed up in their finest converse, frilly skirts, hoodies and cascading hair. I shouldn't have been surprised.

LOL! You just saved me from writing my own review! I went to a 10pm IMAX 3D showing and was surprised to see people dressed up. Never crossed my mind this would be "one of those" kinds of films, but apparently I was wrong. The girl next to me wa sin a Mad Hatter top hat like the one Depp wore in the film. I guess it's been a while since I've been in a Hot Topic b/c I didn't know they were available for purchase.

Again, I agree w/ your assessment of the film, and if I felt like I was not the target demo for this film. I also think it'd be a very odd film to expose a child under 11 or 12 to.

A moat full of floating heads that Alice has to cross isn't something you'd want your six-year-old to see, right?

I disagree though, I thought the creepiness of Crispin Glover shined on beautifully as The Knave.

Also watched Whip It, better than I expected.

I probably will never watch that film, but I am goign to my third rollerderby bout tonight! Big Easy Roller Girls bring the pain!