Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

"wow" is pretty much the only word to describe Antichrist. It has to be all lowercase too, not "Wow" or "WOW" or even "wOW". An acceptable description may also include an ellipsis, either preceding or following, as in "wow..." or "...wow".

I saw it about a month ago, and I stilll catch myself staring off into space occasionally, expression blank. Someone will come up and say "Hey Jon, what's up?" to which I reply "Nah, just thinking about some movie I saw, Antichrist...........wow."

Last night I watched Pontypool with panch and my brother. It kinda has a "War of the Worlds" with zombies feel. Really plays on the horror of NOT seeing, letting your imagination fill in the blanks. Was absolutely loving it, and I mean LOVING IT, up until the last twenty minutes or so. Got a tad...strange.

pontypool.jpg

PS - CHAOS REIGNS!!!!

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Last night I watched Pontypool with panch and my brother. It kinda has a "War of the Worlds" with zombies feel. Really plays on the horror of NOT seeing, letting your imagination fill in the blanks. Was absolutely loving it, and I mean LOVING IT, up until the last twenty minutes or so. Got a tad...strange.

pontypool.jpg

PS - CHAOS REIGNS!!!!

Just watched Pontypool last night and I wholeheartedly agree. All things considered it was entertaining the hell out of me. Much better than I expected. Ending was shit tho.

Agreed with everything said about Pontypool. Cool flick. Bizarre end.

But the last film I saw was Park Chan-Wook's vampire movie Thirst. This dude can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. It's about a priest that turns into a vampire via a blood transfusion. I think the star from The Host plays the main character. Anyway it was an awesome movie :???:

Thirst-us-poster.jpg

• 1 month later...

hangover-poster.jpg

Refreshing spin to your typical silly "dude where's my car" movie. basically told in the we forgot what happened fashion, it doesn't go overboard with stupidity and keeps it interesting logically. it actually makes it fun to find out what happened. so in stupidity sense, it's not as bad as powerball or zoolander, but definately dumber than burn after reading and sideways (which by the way is a super funny movie).

The%20Lovely%20Bones%20movie%20poster%20Peter%20Jackson.jpg

The Lovely Bones

just like the book. Only with less. the ending may piss you off, and does not deviate from the book (which pissed me off). Mark was Mark, Susan was awesome, the girl who plays Suzie is awesome. Peter made more awesome visual effects, and it's worth seeing for that. I'm sort of pissed about the lack of charecter develpoment with some of the 'background' charecters (like the little brother) and an entire back story is left out

(the mother cheats on the husband with the investigator and the other sister finds out which leads to her (the sister)sudden interest in the killer and the mother skipping town a VERY important background story in the book which is not all conveyed in the movie)

. However, it was still visually astounding (no Avatar for sure but still good to see on the big screen) and a total tear jerker at times.

and no it's not out yet, and if you would like to inquire please PM me.

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

• 1 month later...

Maybe that's the problem. you were watching some POS movie called shudder island. I went to see a psychological thriller called Shutter Island. And loved it.

Last movie I watched was Unleashed though. Jet Li + half a british gangster movie - funny language + Bob Hoskins = win

Shudder Island... terrible, terrible movie.

about 4 days before that I saw Wolfman... even worse.

Aww... bad werewolf movies make me sad. Was it at least amusing because of the badness?

Maybe that's the problem. you were watching some POS movie called shudder island. I went to see a psychological thriller called Shutter Island. And loved it.

Last movie I watched was Unleashed though. Jet Li + half a british gangster movie - funny language + Bob Hoskins = win

I liked Unleashed. ^_^

Last movie I saw was Blind Side.