Hondo's Bar

What was the first film you saw in the cinema

Yeah, seeing as Home Alone 2 featured a similar tommy gun scene, I'm betting the gangster scene was done just for Home Alone.

First movie I ever saw at a cinema was either Jaws 2 or Star Wars. Can't remember which was first, but they managed to make it to Guyana by the time I was about five.

Saw The Love Bug soon after that. Then Abbot and Costello in Jack and the Beanstalk.

Then the movie theatres in Guyana became real seedy and my family stopped going.

First movie I went to on my own was ID4 I think, in highschool, since the cinemas had improved back to tolerable levels by then.

----------------------------------

It's not a real film. It was just made for Home Alone, which by the way they recently rereleased with a commentary ft. Mac Cul. Sadly he didn't get into llama rides and jesus juice.

Really, thats class... it was quite authentic!

That was a great film, well, it seemd that way when i was younger, i haven't seen it in years.

Water on the stairs... freezing, great stuff altogether.

I'll never forget this 'cause when I was a kid I hung the ad up on my wall and it stayed there for many years, but one time for some reason we had a French newspaper and they had an ad up for "Ghostbusters 2", or rather "SOS Fantomes"....

In UK/Ireland "Saving Silverman" is called "Evil Woman", "Formula 51" is called "The 51st State" and "The Rundown" is called "Welcome to the Jungle".

They killed our lord. Fuck 'em. We'd take our movies with extra-Mel please.

Another change in Ireland/UK was "Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies", presumably because White Castle hasn't made its way to Europe, which is a damn shame. Actually are there any White Castles in Florida? I haven't seen any. Or a Popeyes. I'm going back to the hood. There's always a White Castle and a Popeyes in the hood. :muahaha:

• 8 years later...

I vividly remember the first movie I saw at the theater. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 1988. Le Jeune Cinema 6. I was 7 years old. I remember walking out of the theater, and y'know those posters they have outside? I remember just staring at the movie poster absolutely spellbound. My remember my mom having to pull me away. The movie blew my mind.

Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-Movie-Poster-Internet-Movie-Poster-Awards-Gallery-G_2012-07-25_11-321.png

The first film I have a very vivid memory of seeing in a theater is. . .

2880-1w.jpg

I was probably four or five years old and I distinctly remember thinking their kitchen was so cool because it kind of reminded me of a Pizza Hut. My uncle got me a bootleg copy of it on VHS for my birthday not long after. Ah, the 80s.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
VHS

*sigh*

phenomenon-movie-poster-1996-1020256512.jpg

It was my best friend's tenth birthday, and we all couldn't wait to go to the cinema. We'd been looking forward for weeks, not to see Phenomenon though, another film was also released that week....Independence Day. So I'm dropped off at my friend's house, the four of us bubbling with excitement, when his mother comes out and says that we can't go see Independence Day, my friend's aunt had told his mother that, you can't take a group of ten year old's to see that "violent, scary" film. And as my friend's mother didn't want to potentially upset any of our parents, instead of seeing explosions, alien invasions, and rousing speeches, we saw a romantic drama starring John fucking Travolta.