Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

Fakk!!! Going around the orange bowl twice is killer! but I'm gonna try to go around 3 times tomorrow. :ifyouknowwhatimean:

that's awesome! I'm proud of you Los! I'm serious, if anyone can do what they set their mind to, it's you bro. Everyday you do it, it'll become easier and easier... you'll feel reall good and accomplished about yourself after everytime. Also make sure you at least eat a banana or an apple half an hour prior to your run, it gives you a good energy boost. :cheerleader:

Just something that I found kind of...crazy.

Tough questions

Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already,

three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis; would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before scrolling down to the

answer of this one........

Question 2: It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts.

Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt

Candidate B is Winston Churchill

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

And by the way: Answer to the abortion question …..if you said yes, you just killed Beethoven..

Pretty interesting isn't it. Makes a person think, before judging someone.

Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS

DATA SHEET

ANALYSIS

Element: Woman

Symbol:

Discoverer: Adam

Atomic Mass: Accepted as 55kg, but known to vary from 45kg to 225kg

Occurrence: Found in large quantities in urban areas with trace elements in outlying regions

Physical Properties

1. Surface normally covered with film of powder and paint.

2. Boils at absolutely nothing, freezes for no apparent reason.

3. Melts if given special treatment.

4. Bitter if used incorrectly.

5. Found in various grades ranging from virgin material to common ore.

6. Yields to pressure if expertly applied.

Chemical Properties

1. Affinity to gold, silver, platinum and all precious stones.

2. Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances.

3. Explodes spontaneously without reason or warning.

4. Greatly increased activity when saturated with alcohol.

5. The most powerful money reducing agent known to man.

Common Use

1. Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars.

2. Can be a great aid to relaxation.

3. Can be a very effective cleaning agent.

Tests

1. Pure specimens turn bright pink when found in their natural state.

2. Turns green when placed alongside a superior specimen.

Hazards:

1. Highly dangerous except in experienced hands.

2. Illegal to possess more than one, although several can be maintained at different locations as long as specimens do not come in direct contact with each other

"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and confine man in the bonds of Hell."

- St. Augustine

*edit*

arch pointed out that is an incorrect quote.

please disregard

Edited by alive she cried

"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and confine man in the bonds of Hell."

- St. Augustine

De Genesi ad Litteram

• Quapropter bono christiano, sive mathematici, sive quilibet impie divinantium, maxime dicentes vera, cavendi sunt, ne consortio daemoniorum animam deceptam, pacto quodam societatis irretiant.

Translation published in Mathematics in Western Culture (1953): The good Christian should beware the mathematician and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of hell.

Modern translation by J.H. Taylor in Ancient Christian Writers (1982): Hence, a devout Christian must avoid astrologers and all impious soothsayers, especially when they tell the truth, for fear of leading his soul into error by consorting with demons and entangling himself with the bonds of such association.

Note: The well known, but incorrect English translation was published on page 3 of Morris Kline's Mathematics in Western Culture (1953). This book is a favorite with math students and is still in print. The Latin word mathematici derives from the Greek meaning of "something learned" and refers mainly to astrologers. This was the chief branch of mathematics at the time but has been replaced in modern times by a plethora of other branches. According to the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 3rd edition, the word "mathemetician" still meant astrologer as late as 1710.

I'm not a big fan of St. Augustine...but I'm also not a big fan of misinformation...I know it was by mistake, but I've encountered it before. Just a head's up