Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

watchmen_comp_big.jpg

No doubt a Terry Gilliam Watchmen would've been sufficently twisted(I'm thinking a cinematic Milligan/Allred XForce), but Robin Williams & Hot Costner? Jeesus that's a terrifying thought for all the wrong reasons. Pearlman as the Comedian though... Woooh

Random......

m_b66684f3474f32bfadbf02ec063cf73d.jpg

Welcome Back MM. As you can prolly see by now 06 is completely forgotten and we've gone all DBZ with the upscaling of villians(there was DA8 after you and now Lorilei who's a terribly charming paedophile with a cross between tourette's & Autism). How's life?

I was at a stoplight on Bird & US1 on Monday. There's always a homeless person with a sign asking for money...but on Monday the person was a young guy...looked like his late teens/early twenties...know what his sign said?

"Parents killed by ninja's. Need money for Kung Fu lessons"...

Had I any form of physical cash on me, I'd've given him some just for the sign...

Not sure how accurate this is, i stumbled it.

Wal-Mart Intercom Pranks

Wal-Mart stores can be so big and the workers seem so bored and the customers seem so harried and annoying. It seems like the perfect fertile ground to have a little fun at Walt's expense. Sometimes I just want to jump on the intercom and say something. But how does one get access?

Planet Wally found the answer. You can use the intercom from any one of the many telephones Wal-Mart provides around the sales floor. Even better, we know the code! Here is how you use the intercom at Wal-Mart:

• Pick up the phone

• Dial #96

You're now on the store intercom!

The proper way to use the store intercom, I mean, apart from the fact it is only supposed to be used by Wal-Mart employees, is to declare the code and the location. For instance, "Code White in Automotive". Here are a few helpful things you can do with the Intercom.

Intercom Codes:

INTERCOM HOLD: Sometimes silence is golden. So if you pick up the phone, dial #96 and then hit hold, nobody can use the intercom until they figure out which phone is on hold.

CODE 1: This code is used for SHOPLIFTING!

CODE 10: Dry Spill.

CODE 20: Wet Spill.

CODE 90: Management Needed. That sounds useless.

CODE 99: This code implies that there is an emergency and all male employees are to immediately stop what they are doing and move to the announced location.

CODE 300: Security Needed. For grins, call Code 300 to the location you are currently at.

CODE ADAM: Code Adam is used to report a lost child. Technically, the store is supposed to shut all doors until the lost child is found. This sounds like fun until you realize that you are going to be trapped in a Wal-Mart for hours while they attempt to locate a missing child.

CODE BLACK: This code is used for severe weather. It's only used if something severe is happening such as tornadoes are bearing down on the store. All employees are supposed to immediately head to the fitting rooms at the center of the store. Wal-Mart doesn't like to use this code because it quite frankly, when the employees all leave, it leads to looting.

CODE BLUE A bomb scare.

CODE C: Customer service. A customer needs help in a location like housewares.

CODE GREEN: This code is used when there is a hostage in the store. Ask yourself, do you really want to shop at a store that needs to have a special code for a hostage situation?

CODE ORANGE: This is for a chemical spill. Water is a chemical.

CODE RED: This is used in case of a fire!

CODE WHITE: is used for an injury.

With knowledge comes power and responsibility. Use it wisely.

Not sure how accurate this is, i stumbled it.

Wal-Mart Intercom Pranks

Wal-Mart stores can be so big and the workers seem so bored and the customers seem so harried and annoying. It seems like the perfect fertile ground to have a little fun at Walt's expense. Sometimes I just want to jump on the intercom and say something. But how does one get access?

Planet Wally found the answer. You can use the intercom from any one of the many telephones Wal-Mart provides around the sales floor. Even better, we know the code! Here is how you use the intercom at Wal-Mart:

• Pick up the phone

• Dial #96

You're now on the store intercom!

The proper way to use the store intercom, I mean, apart from the fact it is only supposed to be used by Wal-Mart employees, is to declare the code and the location. For instance, "Code White in Automotive". Here are a few helpful things you can do with the Intercom.

Intercom Codes:

INTERCOM HOLD: Sometimes silence is golden. So if you pick up the phone, dial #96 and then hit hold, nobody can use the intercom until they figure out which phone is on hold.

CODE 1: This code is used for SHOPLIFTING!

CODE 10: Dry Spill.

CODE 20: Wet Spill.

CODE 90: Management Needed. That sounds useless.

CODE 99: This code implies that there is an emergency and all male employees are to immediately stop what they are doing and move to the announced location.

CODE 300: Security Needed. For grins, call Code 300 to the location you are currently at.

CODE ADAM: Code Adam is used to report a lost child. Technically, the store is supposed to shut all doors until the lost child is found. This sounds like fun until you realize that you are going to be trapped in a Wal-Mart for hours while they attempt to locate a missing child.

CODE BLACK: This code is used for severe weather. It's only used if something severe is happening such as tornadoes are bearing down on the store. All employees are supposed to immediately head to the fitting rooms at the center of the store. Wal-Mart doesn't like to use this code because it quite frankly, when the employees all leave, it leads to looting.

CODE BLUE A bomb scare.

CODE C: Customer service. A customer needs help in a location like housewares.

CODE GREEN: This code is used when there is a hostage in the store. Ask yourself, do you really want to shop at a store that needs to have a special code for a hostage situation?

CODE ORANGE: This is for a chemical spill. Water is a chemical.

CODE RED: This is used in case of a fire!

CODE WHITE: is used for an injury.

With knowledge comes power and responsibility. Use it wisely.

That's pretty close! I don't know about Benny or any other unfortunate souls that have worked/are working there, but I know at my store the Code#'s were different. Manager was Code100, Stealing was Code800, Wet spill was Code3, etc. I think those vary from store to store. The colors are universal I'm pretty sure. The ones I remember off the top of my head are the same there.

Depending on where you're at, they've banned overhead paging. The Walmart in Hurst where I worked in the optometrist office made it to where you had to call the operator and they would either radio someone or make the call to page or not.

Not banned in Florida or New Hampshire. I used to joke that if I farted I'd tell nearby co-workers I had just "CODE BROWN'ED" Not over the over head obviously. The real CODE BROWN is a shooting situation. All the other color codes are correct. I had never heard of number codes, but the color codes are all correct.

The only code -lve actually heard before is White - Injury. Broken glass will do that.

Also there's a whole Emergency Manual that covers other situations. I think just about every situation possible. Even nuclear radiation/meltdown nearby : shut off the A/C, fans, close all doors and windows, and call the emergency line or something like that.