Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Comics and Game Of Thrones Spoilers

^^It could go either, way. I think it's a strong plot moment for Rick and I would like to see how they handle it. Plus drastic physical changes for protagonists are all the rage in TV-land now. (Eddard Stark anyone?) However, it'd also likely be one helluva expensive effect to put into every episode thereafter, so I can understand them writing it out for budgetary purposes.

Edited by alive she cried
Added Comics Spoilers

My current working theory based off of the comics + show is this:

Comics Spoilers

So we know Rick gets his hand cut off by the Sheriff or whatever. In the comics he pretty much did it because he was king of the douchebags. I think they are gonna take home slice who was trapped on the roof, make him sheriff and have him cut off the hand out of an act of revenge.

Thoughts?

Added Comics Spoilers

My current working theory based off of the comics + show is this:

Comics Spoilers

So we know Rick gets his hand cut off by the Sheriff or whatever. In the comics he pretty much did it because he was king of the douchebags. I think they are gonna take home slice who was trapped on the roof, make him sheriff and have him cut off the hand out of an act of revenge.

Thoughts?

Yup, my thought on the matter exactly.

Comics Spoilers

Although I wonder if Racist Rooker (homeslice from the roof) is still going to rape and torture Michonne like in the comic as well.

Added Comics Spoilers

Comics Spoilers

You talking about my Michonne spoiler, Panch? I agree it could definitely be a powerful thing on film, and it also gives her a personal motivation for killing him. But it'll be interesting to see where this show goes w/ the whole killing people vs killing zombies dilemma Rick's group goes through--especially given that Kirkman is focusing on this point specifically in the comic book at the moment. I wonder if the TV show discussions have influenced this in the books or vice versa?

So meta.

Added Comics Spoilers

wineo.gif ok so im reading your spoilers and shit, and i know they're not following the books like a verbatim script and shit BUT

Comics Spoilers

are you saying to keep rick's hand and replace the governor with that escaped roof-hick? cmon! the point of the whole jail arc then the other town and its evil leaders pulling the rug out from under you was the same point as like most zombie flicks: shit was under control, and humanity's the greater evil than any monster, etc...if you're like me and want to see rick broken down to molecules like the book does (and fucking PAINFULLY), this arc is essential.

am i missreading you guys? or are you saying take a shortcut to the same point? cause i cant endorse the latter; when we all know getting there could comfortably taken an entire season, even if future seasons are only 6 eps which is cool if you're british but goddammit i want a longer show in between the wait cause this shit was better than a lotta movies these days.

Added Comics Spoilers

I got the Blu-Ray last weekend and watched the whole season in one sitting (not that amazing a task, its still just 6 episodes) so its extremely fresh in my mind. What Bindy and Haku are suggesting might be dead on... as much as we might not like it. Next season will be a full 13 episodes. Plenty of time to get to the prison. I'm sure the writers see the potential to fuck with the viewers minds with this one (you have to assume they aren't writing for the fanboys). After seeing the end of season one... nothing seems sacred.

This season is 13 episodes, which is the standard # of ep. for all of amc's series.

Comics Spoilers

We're speculating that if a Governor type character does show up it'd be more likely in the series to be Redneck Rooker than a ttly new character. It'd definitely give more motivation than just being a psychopath.

If they did do The Governor storyline this season, I agree, it might be a bit rushed, but it depends on how it's handled. As long as the main points are there I'd be happy. For instance maybe the Governor forms his own little band of merry racist rednecks and they have a compound rather than a "town" like in the comics. Mich & Rick can still be put through all of the important character beats as the comic.

But Rick's hand is a legitimate source of speculation (see previous comments as to why) though. Not saying I'd want to NOT see it happen, but I wouldn't go into fanboy rage if he kept the hand either.

tl;dr: you misread me

Added Comics Spoilers

Comics Spoilers

looking back...both the books and the eps might be fresher in panch's mind. i know shit consolidated a # of issues, but does the prison arc really equate season 2? was there more story to tell? bear i mind, we spent like what, 2 eps on the side-story of the shelter just to illustrate the "there is no hope" point that kirkman quietly told in the background of more arcs?

Added Comics Spoilers

fuck those rhetorical questions, info-dump!

zV19Y.jpg

The 3-disc Special Edition will sport redesigned cover art and has been priced at $59.99.

New Special Features

Pilot Episode: Black and White Version

Audio Commentaries on All 6 episodes with Writer/Director Frank Darabont, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer/Writer Robert Kirkman, Producer Denise Huth, Actor Andrew Lincoln, Special Effects Make-Up Artist/Consulting Producer Greg Nicotero and more.

We Are The Walking Dead

Bring Out the Dead: KNB and the Art of Making Zombies

Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead

No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon

Adapting The Dead

Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero

jFYGy.jpg

The new Limited Edition Blu-ray has been priced at $89.99 and will come packaged in a collector's tin with 3 Blu-ray discs and a zombie mask designed by industry make-up guru Greg Nicotero.

pics from the set at comic-con

ZHbkF.jpg

aNbat.jpg

t5QmP.jpg

fc01v4.jpg

anyway, ASC-fan favorite Tim Bradstreet's season 2 poster

rMB9P.jpg

9 shots from the set

Kirkman talks about season 2 and how it will leave fans "completely shocked" (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

tweet with the new season start date!

The Walking Dead S2 will premiere Sunday, October 16th at 9pm! #SDCC

finally, season 2 trailer @ AMC, mirror link until YT finds it:

i love that john wayne shot at the end

also, Hershel's farm, ho!

ps WTF

First-Look-Walker-Woman-760.jpg

Nick, so right on that last shot of Rick's silhouette evoking Searchers. Totally badass. And I was coming in to post I just read Kirkman spilled some beans in an interview about the farm, but the trailer already revealed that. Also, he said this season definitely there is . . .

Comics Spoilers

No Governor! Damn. This doesn't mean there still can't be a Governor-esque story arc though involving Redneck Rooker.

Added Comics Spoilers

glad somebody else caught that.

and i dont know if i want that...

Comics Spoilers

the governor thing not only involves michonne put on edge, it's got tyrese exiting stage left outta fuckin nowhere. bigger than both of those things is the village and its dark secret, that "oh fuck" 28 days later moment when rick realizes there's more evil shit going on than the zombies outside. i think if we just skipped that and went straight to the governor, we'd lost much of the point - especially at the climax of having the prison taking out from under them.

not at all saying we need to (or have even tried, looking at it) stick to the books, but taking a shortcut like that feels like it's just trying to keep the shock of the governor in and leaving the point behind it out, for me.

Added Comics Spoilers

I really don't think you're concerns/fears for the plot will be made real--at least this season, NZA. I predict this season will likely...

Comics Spoilers

See some time @ Herschel's farm before moving on to the prison, mid-season or later in the season. Kirkman said there's a lot of stuff "in the woods" this season, so I don't think we'll be heading into the prison right away in S2. Also, I think we'll get Michonne introduced this season, but Kirkman is keeping buttoned-lipped on that one for now. I think she'll be another late season addition. Likely after Shane dies--and I do believe he will die. I we're lucky we'll get cut-away scenes showing her approach to the group, katana in hand and zombie-slave sin tow.

Added Comics Spoilers

You kids are adorable. If you hadn't learned from season 1 that the writers give not a fuck about your continuity expectations, the likes of Dexter & True Blood have set a well-recieved precedent of shaking things up to keep fans and new adopters on their toes. Throw your ideas around, just don't hope to see 'em on screen.

You kids are adorable. If you hadn't learned from season 1 that the writers give not a fuck about your continuity expectations, the likes of Dexter & True Blood have set a well-recieved precedent of shaking things up to keep fans and new adopters on their toes. Throw your ideas around, just don't hope to see 'em on screen.

"The writers," as in the creator of the source material?

I think Jay was just hoping for a motion comic with live actors instead of drawings. :2T:

Comics Spoilers

I hope Shane gets his brains blown out/throat ripped out

thats all I ask in terms of continuity to the book. Season 2 is looking fucking awesome!

Added Comics Spoilers

I hope Shane gets his brains blown out/throat ripped out

thats all I ask in terms of continuity to the book. Season 2 is looking fucking awesome!

I don't care as long as they don't pussy out on

Comics Spoilers

Carl shooting him

I predict that seeing the prison and it being like a light at the end of the tunnel will be the final shot in Season 2.

Added Comics Spoilers

I don't care as long as they don't pussy out on

Carl shooting him

I predict that seeing the prison and it being like a light at the end of the tunnel will be the final shot in Season 2.

Comics Spoilers

It's also imperative that he not get shot in the head. Once Rick and the group discover that any death will trigger infection, he drives out to where Shane is buried to 'finish him off'. That's something I'd like to see.

Added Comics Spoilers

Comics Spoilers

It's also imperative that he not get shot in the head. Once Rick and the group discover that any death will trigger infection, he drives out to where Shane is buried to 'finish him off'. That's something I'd like to see.

Huh, I don't remember that in the comic. I should go and re-read the first few arcs one day. But they've actually already "learned" that in the series already--THE scene w/ Andrea and her sister.

Added Comics Spoilers

Huh, I don't remember that in the comic. I should go and re-read the first few arcs one day. But they've actually already "learned" that in the series already--THE scene w/ Andrea and her sister.

Comics Spoilers

That haven't learned anything yet. Amy was bitten. It's during the prison arc when that psychopath inmate beheads the girls and their heads become zombified. That's when Rick realizes that death of any kind means zombie so he takes the motorcycle to dig up Shane and kill him proper.

Added Comics Spoilers