Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

I wonder if Maggie is going to jump Glen's bones as fast as she did in the book, or if the show's going to wait a little while. Also, are we going to get the reveal that Lori is pregnant or not? Anyway, 2nd episode was solid. Hope this season keeps up the quality.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Heard a radio interview the actor that plays Shane gave at NYComic Con.

He seems tothink he'll be around for the rest of S2 at least. He also said both the Gov. and Michonne would "be addressed in some way" this season.

:excellent:

The TV series is moving at a fairly slow rate: Child actors GROW UP. How long can they keep the series going before we stop believing Carl is as young as he is?

Discuss.

A smart casting director would've cast a kid that has whatever growth stunting condition Cary Coleman and Emmanuel Lewis had.

Edited by The NZA
fuckin A, man

Totaly agree Jax, episode 3 was the best this season.

So Shane is becoming what we hoped he'd become by the looks of it. I'd say Season 2 will end the same way as book 1. I love the fact that we know what's happening, but then bam they change from what happened in the book (as an aside it's really fun watching Liam's reactions, as he's never read the books) Also loving Andrea getting her gun back, Maggie and Glen. God I love this show

so.... titsallgood?

I kinda hope that Sophia is dead now after her being gone so damn long. That or she's found next ep I guess... That needs to get wrapped up.

Darryl is getting more and more likable also.

He won't last the season

yeah, last episode was crazy-tense, and i agree with both of axel's points. i know we're all waiting for shane to eat it, but id still say my boondock saint is gonna go down before daryl, just because he's about the most useful of the bunch.

god knows if we could vote people off, it'd be lori. no need to wait till the prison.

As for hoping Sophia is dead:

I hope she's not, she not a super interesting character in the show or book, but in the books, it was helpful to have another kid for Carl to talk to in certain moments. And having Glenn and Maggie have to become parents overnight by adopting her as their own was great for their dynamic having to juggle being horny kids and parents at the same time. I do hope all these episodes she's been missing lead to something with a bigger payoff than "we found her!" But I think we found out what that payoff might be with the last part of episode 4's "Next Week on The Walking Dead" post show teaser. If they hadn't teased it, I never would have guessed.

I wonder if Maggie is going to jump Glen's bones as fast as she did in the book, or if the show's going to wait a little while. Also, are we going to get the reveal that Lori is pregnant or not?

I guess a few of my questions were answered.

This episode was surely slower than average, but good on drama and characterization, so it'll disappoint the crowd that's all "I only watch this show the see zombie heads explode, what's with all this talk about fathers not loving their sons and women crying about pregnancy tests and shit!? Maggie didn't even show her tits!" In other words, Jay can skip this episode.

^^

I'd say that reveal is definitely coming. Herschel also gave Maggie a look when Rick mentioned putting down Sofia if they find her bitten.

Honestly, how could they not see that coming?

I know! Did you see Talking Dead? They counted it twice: once for the lower extremity ripping of and another for T-Dog (God, what an awful name.) using the monkeywrench on the top half.

I know! Did you see Talking Dead? They counted it twice: once for the lower extremity ripping of and another for T-Dog (God, what an awful name.) using the monkeywrench on the top half.

No, I haven't watched that. I need to. Especially the one with Felicia Day.

• 2 weeks later...

New ep thoughts?

Saw Andrea and Shane fucking coming a mile away. That should make things more interesting if and when all of his horribleness comes to light.

Also

Fucking find Sophia already! alive, dead, undead, I could care less. that storyline has been dragged out long enough.

New ep thoughts?

Fucking find Sophia already! alive, dead, undead, I could care less. that storyline has been dragged out long enough.

Agreed. It was the first thing I bitched about after I saw it. I watch Dexter after and it really puts some perspective on things when you pay attention to the pacing of both.

I went from enjoying this show in the 1st season to hating them for fucking with the source material. I'm back to enjoying it now that I've gotten past that.

Agreed on Sophia. Although when White Power Bill or whatever his name is found that flower I assumed that whole scene was telling us she's toast?

yeah, they're dragging their nuts on the sofia thing (she's so dead), and im having a hard time not seeing the shane confrontation by the season's end, but i do dig the tension his presence creates - especially now that rick knows about him & lori, that was something

taking their time to make it seem like the farm is safe haven to start the tradition of pulling the rug out at the finale or so, no? if we're even loosely following the book, id guess a few eps on the road (isn that where michonne shows up?), before they find the magic that is the prison.

wiki says one more episode before the hiatus, then february...

Yeah, they're calling the next episode (S2E7) the mid-season finale. I can only guess the Sophia search & barn walkers will come to a head and be resolved one way or the other. The main thing that bugged me this last episode wasn't the ongoing fruitless search for Sophia, it was how Dale was handled. Anybody get the feeling he was coming across as overtly busy-bodyish or intrusive? Standing up to Shane like that took balls, though. Eh, maybe I just don't like seeing him passed over by Andrea. ..

Back to the plot of S2, I'm guessing this whole season so far has been, a week, two weeks tops, for the characters; so I can see how the writers might not think that's such a long time when plotting out the search for Sophia on paper. But you've got to consider, she was a minor/flat character, as is her mom. So having the search for her be the underlying motivation for the first part of the season can seem wearisome, but I think all the plots that've developed b/c of the search for her have been satisfying. Despite all the fanboy moaning (myself included), Sophia's disappearance has really been the lynchpin for all these other major character reveals and moments this season:

Carl's shooting-->Hershcel's farm-->Otis' Death-->Shane's true nature-->Glen & Maggie -->Daryl's fall-->Andrea's empowerment-->Herschel's view on walkers--> Laurie and Rick's confrontation at the end of S2E6--none of these moments would've occurred in the "show universe" without Sophia wondering off from that creek bed in S2E1.

And if I can talk comic vs show for a moment, anyone else wondering if we'll get a version of Tyreese & his kid Julia from the comic or is T-Dawg going to be our sole soul-bro for the foreseeable future? I'm guessing unless Shane goes away we won't see him. He kinda filled the role in the comic that Shane is filling in the series, i.e. Rick's #2. I'm thinking in particular how Tyreese will be missed when/if the

prison plot happens in the show. The suicide pact his daughter makes (and the fallout) at the prison was a particularly memorable plot from the series for me, and I'd hate to see it omitted from the show. Although, I suppose there are young adults on Herschel's farm on the show that haven't been explored yet. The writers could, in theory, transpose that event from Tyreese to Herschel, but it'd still likely be missing something in my estimation.

I hate trying to think of stuff in the book that hasn't happened that have timewise, cause I've accepted they are different versions.

However I really think we need tyrese. If the show does follow through with prison/governor stories, having tyrese there is crucial. I don't think they have omitted any major book characters yet, so hopefully he'll come in to play.

T-dog needs to die.

In the barn the whole goddamn time!

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. Seems obvious at this point though.

And there's no way that Shane will be allowed to live by the end of this season. Otis' death can't stay secret for long with Dale's nosy ass knowing about it.