Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

axel's image got me.

thinking more and more that if the theme to season 1 was "no hope" (CDC making that clear), this one seems to be unifying - but they're playing up the rifts as they grow.

i can almost dig what andrea was going for, but she went about it retarded and is really dumb if she's not getting why the other hens are salty, though she did get points for basically calling lori a cunt. "why aren't you doing laundry with us?!", ugh.

i really liked rick taking it to shane like that, didn't dig the way he didn't get a response but this week's preview seemed to imply shane's still got some bitch in him, can't image it not coming to a head by the season's end.

nick, agreed on all your spoiler points. while i agree w/ her theory on the matter of maggie's sis--retarded move by andrea was retarded. i hear there's gonna be a MAJOR death in the family next episode. although...

...at first i thought it was gonna be shane, but now that seems too obvious. is herschel gonna be the one? he was MIA all of episode 10. also, i wonder what's gonna become of fence-post kid.

So did they confirm that scratches causes zombie-ism in addition to bites? Shouldn't they all be zombies by now?! Nerd plothole nitpicking aside, I dunno why, but I never liked the whole scratch-turns-you-into-a-zombie thing. It was my running zombie. Bites is where it's at. If the zombies in this show suddenly started sprinting, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but some strange plot point at the end of season 2 that is just now addressing scratches annoys me. If that is indeed the case, Maggie's sister should definitely be a goner cause she got scratched all to hell after the barn.

It's in the prison right? Provided that even happens, at the rate the show is going it might be a ways, then again who really know right? They may have Michonne show up in an episode then die at the end of the same one! If they really wanna fuck with fans Carl will be shooting Rick instead of Shane.

I'm still hoping for Tyrese to show up at some point. Idris Elba gets my vote to play him if he does.

220px-Idris_Elba.jpg

Casting Idris Elba's as Tyrese would be so full of win. Not sure if AMC could afford him though. His BBC show is called Luther/ It's been in my Netflix queue for a while, but I'm knee deep in Justified right now.

Anyway, Kirkman has all but said Tyrese and Michonne will be showing up. I think Michonne is actually supposed to appear this season, which means it should be rather soon. And I think it's fairly obvious a move of Herschel's is coming sooner rather than later. Can't wait to see whether or not the prison will be the next stop.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Anyway, Kirkman has all but said Tyrese and Michonne will be showing up. I think Michonne is actually supposed to appear this season, which means it should be rather soon. And I think it's fairly obvious a move of Herschel's is coming sooner rather than later. Can't wait to see whether or not the prison will be the next stop.

He hasn't "all but said it," he has said they were coming, but not at the end of season 2, he said season 3, at least he said season 3 for Michonne. Tyrese has been com firmed by him, but not sure if he said it would be season 3.

I have the episode downloaded and from the looks of this thread, I gots to get on that.

Affirmative, Panch. WTF all day on that. Ditto for Cee-Lo's sentiments, Sin.

They had me so ready to believe the Andrea/Dale relationship was gonna blossom then--MOO! Walker bait. Rick is just pussying out all over the place on pulling the trigger. I'm convinced the show writers and Kirkman are just giddy w/ themselves over this one. I now think they live to fuck w/ the comic's continuity.

Jax, whatevs. As long as we get her and the casting is done right. That and she has the same entrance as the comic. That would be so sweet!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I'm not trusting these guys to do anything like the comic anymore. I ain't complaining (I fucking love the show), but I'm gonna do what I should have done from the beginning (you know, to avoid having my heart ripped out of me... again), I'm gonna pretend I never read shit and treat the show like its own entity.

Edited by Panch

From here on out I'm going to listen to my own advice regarding spoilers, and I'm going to precede spoilers which talk about the comic with CBS (Comic Book Spoilers).

CBS

Yeah, seriously, what the fuck? This episode just sealed the fact that we (those who have read the comic) don't know shit when it comes to the show, which I fucking love. Although Panch, I disagree with you regarding forgetting the comic, I think because we know that Dale survives until about season 6? that he can't be dead until...wow, they just killed Dale, this changes so so much of what "should" happen. The TV show is Ultimate The Walking Dead, and I'm loving every second of it.

Also yeah I was initially surprised that Rick pussied out twice this episode, but then Rick had to fail for Shane to make a move on him, and Carl had to learn a valuable lesson about playing with Walkers maybe one that helps put him in a place mentally where he could, oh I don't know shoot the guy who's trying to kill his dad. But then if this episode thought us anything it's...we don't know shit.

Being on my hipster fanboy soapbox fucked me up. I thought I was cool and said to myself they're not gonna do anything the comic didn't do. Of course they have, but nothing I didn't approve of. Until now. They off Dale, rip my heart... and I love them for it. Still, I can't go through more emotions like this... just for a tv show. The book and the show are two separate things to me from now on. They should have been, from the beginning, but they haven't. Now they are.

Let me start by sayin I didn't read the comic... I also didn't like the first season that much. However this second season is very good, there are true characters and interesting dilemmas presented. I like the shocker of the last episode and am glad it happened. It's a crazy new world and it's time to evolve, adapt, and take action. Which is why Shane is such a great character because u love to hate him. They are doing great

As for the main problem in the episode

Whose side were you guys on when it came to killing that guy? A few of you say that Rick pussied out on it, which is very possible he was going to, but when Carl walked into the barn, it went from "should I kill this maybe innocent guy" to "my kid is going to go crazy from bloodlust if I kill him". Ok maybe not that extreme, but goddamn, the little shithead is walking around that farm unsupervised, and being a dick to the general public (of the farm). You can't top that off with witness to<strike> murder</strike> an execution. As for killing Randall, even if the Carl scenario didn't go down, I was definitely on Dale's side.... at least before they started beating the ever loving shit out of the kid. Instead of treating him civilly and keeping a close eye on him, they scare the shit out of him and probably make him <em>want</em> to go back to his group. They could've have Stockholmed that up so good.

I was of the thinking that the kid had to go. UNTIL I heard Dale's side. That's why his death fucked with me so. Well, two reasons. My love for the character in the comic and his obvious last link to humanity on the show. Why is it "the voice of reason" always has to die?