Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

You didn't finish?!

I have to admit, I'm torn on how they are starting develop Rick. Or, more like the way they are showing how the characters are reacting to his decisions. Motha fucka kept y'all alive!

And yeah, fucking Michonne. I'm ready for season 3 now!

DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE EPISODE: LINK

This was definitely a great show today.

i like it that they didn't make it all the way to the prison yet and are leaving it for the next season. I like watching it with Panch. It's comical. When Dale died, he rolled on the floor like a roly-poly. When Michonne made her cameo, he jumped up and down and cheered like a school girl. Very entertaining.

Edited by Cathy

Obviously a great show, between

Shane's death

last episode and the two big reveals ever fan wanted this episode, I definitely have to rated season two as superior to the already stellar season one. And from hearing Kirkman talk about season three on Talking Dead, I have high hopes for the future. While AMC has not announced anything yet, show producer Glen Mazzara mentioned October, the month the first two season premieres aired.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Fucking amazing, a lot of people have had complaints but this has been an excellent season of television.

Liam (who doesn't really post here any more) has been warned to come nowhere near this thread as he hasn't read the books, but he wanted it to be on the record that

he's really pissed off that Shane is dead...if only he knew what was to come.

Edited by alive she cried

Also (Comic Spoilers)

I just realised that the helicopter we see in episode 1 of season 1 and in the last episode of season 2 is almost definitely the helicopter that crashes and leads them to discover the Governor's camp. Also, also, as season 3 is going to be 16 episodes (most likely two parts of 8 and 8 according to Kirkman) do ye think the prison will be done in just one season or would it cover a couple? Looking back at my tpb's I realised that the prison covers issues 13-48, considering that two seasons or 19 episodes have covered only 12 issues (I know bits have been added and changed) can it be possible to do 37 issues in 16 episodes?

Edited by alive she cried

I'm glad Hershel is still around. I was kinda ready and accepted that he was gonna die that episode, but now after seeing him in major action like that I hope he sticks around alot longer. Also, not digging the way Carol was basically trying to tell Daryl to say fuck you to Rick. Was kinda hoping to see her go...

This is gonna be a tv show I will have to buy. I never ever buy shows, but as long as it keeps up this way Imma have to get the blurays of these.

Same here. I was sure Hershel was gone. I'm glad he stuck around, but only if he continues to support Rick like he is. Carol, I'm sure, they're keeping so that she goes out like she did in the comic. For that alone, I'd like to see her stay.

These past four or five episodes have just been getting better and better.

Double tapping Shane so Carl could get him as his first kill was a stroke of genius! And it was set up so beautifully w/ Dale's death. I don't think anyone here saw zombie Shane coming, did they?

And Bindy is +1 for his reaction to Michonne's entrance. My sentiments exactly.

And the reveal at the end this season was great. Oh, and Carol can take her buzz cut ass and be walker bait. Laurie can follow suit. Worst. Moms. Ever. Well, not ever, but as zombie apocalypse moms go they both suck.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Double tapping Shane so Carl could get him as his first kill was a stroke of genius!

Imma let you finish, but I disagree on this one point.

Comic book spoilers plus show spoilers ahead.

I thought for a while that this was how this scene was going to go down. Not because it makes it a better story from the comics but because there's a part of me that feels like Dales death and Carls kill of zombie Shane were excuses to tone back things in the comic that T.V viewers may not like, thus viewership going down.

Old guy doin' it with younger girl? People don't like that. Viewership down.

Carl killing a HUMAN Shane? The kids starting to get hardened but killing someone human is the point you can't bring him back from the edge. People don't like that. Viewership down.

Carl killing a ZOMBIE Shane to save his dad? Public opinion is that zombies are not people, so zombie killing = O.K for viewership.

Now I might be COMPLETELY off base here. I did not sit in the board rooms as they discussed these things (to be a fly on that wall). This is just how it felt to me as it all went down. Other than that, loved it and can't wait for next season.

While I agree "suits" only care about making money, I don't completely agree that all these things were done solely for that reason. I really believe they are trying to tell the best story they can.

Dale was killed, not because of his comic book relationship with Andrea, but because he had to die. Also, because Kirkman told the suits: this would fuck with the comic readers.

Dale was the voice of reason. The "map", if-you-will, of keeping on the path of normalcy. Of the old world. By killing him, the folks trying to find their way in this new world, lose their "map". It's classic storytelling. It's good storytelling. Have they always done this? No. This is one of those times they didn't drop the ball.

Now on to Carl shooting Shane. In the comic it was different. And it was pretty awesome, but the Rick/Shane drama was less developed. On the show, Shane lived well passed his time in the comic and the drama between the two was infinitely more developed. It was Rick that HAD TO kill Shane. And I was glad that he did. It was his duty. Now, they still had Carl shoot Shane, but Zombie Shane. This was to keep his innocence. This is very important since he is the only child left. I was also happy to see them do this. It was good storytelling. Carl will have his time, but not this season.

Edited by Panch