Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

yeah. loud nazi bike aside, Daryl is so infinitely more useful than anyone else alive combined, i'm amazed they didn't bump him off yet. the minute he started reusing arrows and not writing in his livejournal, i feared for his safety.

God that pissed me off, fucking Andrea makes him lose one of his last 2 goddamn arrows on that hanging walker cause she's a whiny bitch and he just has that one forever. I expect it to break in that one episode but miraculously it didn't. Seriously, if he dies I don't think I'm going to continue watching this show as any death he has will be bullshit. The thing is he's one of "those" characters like CJ in the Dawn of the Dead remake or Frank in 28 Days Later where they're just so fucking great you know they're going to die like a bitch for no good goddamn reason.

Poo on the Andrea hate. She told Lori off, told that other chick to go ahead and off herself, and managed to outrun and kill numerous zombies- granted she was saved, but it would have been a pretty badass death scene.

Glenn and Maggie are annoying. The whole finding love in zombieland was done in...oh that's right, it was done in Zombieland.

As far as Dale's death, it happened much later that day, obviously the zombie wasn't that far away from the farm to begin with, which is why Carl found him in the first place, so I think it's pretty believable.

i didn't even know who Jimmy was until he was dead....lulz.

Poo on the Andrea hate. She told Lori off, told that other chick to go ahead and off herself, and managed to outrun and kill numerous zombies- granted she was saved, but it would have been a pretty badass death scene.

Glenn and Maggie are annoying. The whole finding love in zombieland was done in...oh that's right, it was done in Zombieland.

As far as Dale's death, it happened much later that day, obviously the zombie wasn't that far away from the farm to begin with, which is why Carl found him in the first place, so I think it's pretty believable.

Her telling off Lori was after Lori told her off and they both highlighted what a bitch the other one was being at the time. The last episode finally showed us some cool Andrea but it took till the final episode of the last season to make her actually do something worthwhile.

I don't care about the love story with Glenn and Maggie, I just like the characters. Also: Zombieland hardly has the monopoly on apocalyptic love stories.

And Dale's death was bullshit for the following reasons:

1. Dale approached the zombie in a wide open field with a relatively good amount of light, enough so that he would have seen the zombie if it was standing.

2. He approached the half-eaten cow that for no real reason had been completely abandoned so the zombie could flank Dale because he was behind him?

3. A person with dead muscles, especially one so emaciated would be considerably weaker than a living healthy human yet he can magically tear open Dale's stomach with his bare hands?

I had always (always beginning with reading the Zombie Survival Guide) accepted the zombie rule that since they have no threshold for pain, a zombie can use its muscles to maximum capacity and beyond, making it easy to grab and keep a hold of stuff, and claw through doors and shit.

Dale's stomach would've been a picnic.... so to speak

The only problem with that theory is that the more we use our muscles the more they tear and become damaged. For your average human being they just heal back and become tougher (it's how we build muscles), for a theoretical walking corpse the muscles would tear but they wouldn't replenish meaning that rather than growing stronger they would actually grow weaker the longer they were dead. This corpse was super dead, its muscles should have atrophied to the point of being worthless, besides it couldn't even keep hold of Carl earlier in the same episode.

There's a line Panch. A zombie line. And over this line, you do not cross!

I'm with Axel that zombies are retard strong. I'm already accepting that something is arresting decay on some level so that they can keep motor control, seems like a small concession that the same magic process could keep ligaments working.

Zombies are retard strong AND that strength is empowered by rigimortis... A corpse with rigimortis holds stuff with retard strength to the max, right? Well imagine if they had that strength and could move with it. That's why Dale's guts were spilled.

Zombies are retard strong AND that strength is empowered by rigimortis...

...what? Rigor mortis just means the muscles contract to the point where they no longer move. So if the zombie had died, as a human, in the process of tearing open the body cavity and had waited a couple hours then maybe rigor mortis would have helped it along. A theoretical walking corpse would be good for one big surge of strength if it was relatively fresh (2 days at most and that's stretching it), this thing wasn't just dead, it was dead as fuck. The lips had receeded, it was sickly thin, and its skin was a waxy green color it was weeks if not months old at that point. Bullshit.